Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wadjet Eye Games

Company »

Founded by Dave Gilbert in 2006, Wadjet Eye Games is an American developer and publisher. Sprite-based point-and-click adventure games are their specialty.

LFA (Looking for Adventure)

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I'm looking for some recommendations from all of you point-and-click adventurers out there! I'm in the mood for a good old point-and-click adventure game. I really enjoyed Gemini Rue a few years ago, but I haven't looked into any of the other Wadjet Eye games. Could someone recommend which of their catalog I should play next? I'm on a pretty limited budget, so I'm only looking to get one of them. In your opinion, which is the best Wadjet Eye adventure game?

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By flasaltine

Primordia is very, very good. I fucking love that game. It has the guy from Bastion too.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd recommend the Blackwell series. The bundle that contains 4 out of the 5 games of the series is on sale on steam right now. The writing is good, the voice acting solid and the puzzles mostly devoid of terrible adventure game moon logic.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

You've played the best. Primordia and the Blackwell series are a good place to go to next.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I really loved Resonance.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@dtat: I'm a fan of The Shivah, but it may not be for everyone. Resonance is also great game if you haven't already tried that.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd recommend the Blackwell series. The bundle that contains 4 out of the 5 games of the series is on sale on steam right now. The writing is good, the voice acting solid and the puzzles mostly devoid of terrible adventure game moon logic.

I second this, the Blackwell series is great and you've given the exact two reasons I always give when telling people how good it is: Great writing/characters and very sound and reasonable puzzle logic.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn

Gemini rue is still my personal favorite, but i also enjoyed resonance and the blackwell series! The blackwell bundle is 5 bucks on steam for a little while!!

I hope to get to primordia, the black well finale, the shivah and shardlight eventually... Oh boy i have adventure gaming to do.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Technobabylon is probably the next best after Gemini rue. Primordia and shardlight are also fantastic.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BisonHero
    mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Primordia is my favourite. I haven't played Resonance.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say all of them, if you liked Gemini Rue youre in for a blast. The shivah really feels the age and i havnt tried Shardlight yet but otherwise its smooth sailing. Resonance and the Blackwell series are my personal favourites. Resonance kinda is an Dan Brown type of story which clicks really well with me.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: There is a remastered edition of the shiva that is mostly on par with their more recent titles graphics wise. It's just really short, so I'd say the money/hour of fun ratio is better with other wadjeteye titles. Though that games setting is certainly unique.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really liked Emerald City Confidential , which I think was intended for a more casual audience (so it's a bit easier than other Wadjet Eye games, which for me means it's less frustrating because I don't have to go to GameFAQs 30 minutes after I start playing).

If you're tight on money probably Resonance or the Blackwell series is a better choice, but I think Emerald deserved a shout out in this thread :)

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Hahaha that was a while ago! You're the first in a while to recognize my name from that. It was a surreal experience hearing my voiced mashed into a song on the internet xD

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People seem super up on the Blackwell series, so maybe I'll give that a go. I really love cyberpunk aesthetics though. So maybe Technobabylon...Thanks for the input, everyone! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.