Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

XBL: more or less?

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I got 2200 points and I can't decide if I want to buy a lot of cheaper but maybe less quality gameplay or fewer expensive games with better quality gameplay. The options I'm wrestling with are:

1) 3x 400 point game, 1x 800 point game. Totals 4 games, 2000 points.

2) 2x 800 point game, 1x 400 point game. Totals 3 games 2000 points.

3) 1x 1200 point game, 1x 800 point game. Totals 2 games, 2000 points.

There really isn't any game that stands out thats a must buy for me that I don't already have.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Raven10

I don't think the cost of the game is directly comparable to how good it is. That said, I would say that most of the best XBLA games are 1200 points so I would suggest going that route.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Coombs
    Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rotnac

There are a ton of XBLA games that are way overpriced or never had their prices dropped after being out for years. Your best bet is to just download the trials for games you find interesting and make a judgement call after if you still want to play more of it that it warrants a purchase. Theres always the Quick Looks to fall back on too if you're still undecided on some games you want to get.

syzygyeolith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By syzygyeolith

After being burnt before on XBLA I won't buy a game now that hasn't been quicklooked.

That said.. I've never played a 1200+ point game that I felt was worth it (though I have bought and enjoyed some of them when they were on sale for 800).

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By KaneRobot

Several good 1200 point games. I have no idea what you have and have not played so it's hard to recommend anything. Mark of the Ninja, Trials Evolution, Rock Band Blitz, Walking Dead, Shadow Complex, and Pinball Arcade are all good bets in the 800-1200 range. I'm just throwing random stuff out since I have no idea what you already have or what you're into.

squidraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By squidraid

Agree with Kane, especially on Walking Dead and Trials Evolution. As pinball goes, I'd shoot for Pinball FX 2 first. Price will vary there based on how many tables you end up getting, but if you can enjoy pinball, that game is a bottomless pit of replay value, with some awesomely well-designed licensed tables. Especially check out the fairly recent Avenger Chronicles pack.

Super Meat Boy is also a longtime favorite of mine, which last I looked was at 600 points. As stated already, price has very little to do with how good a game is on XBLA.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By sins_of_mosin

While I'm thankful for the recommendations, this post was mainly to see which option you would pick in terms of the price and quantity of games you would go for. I do have a list of games that I'd like to get but again do I get a bunch of 400 point games or such and such.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By buft

@sins_of_mosin said:

While I'm thankful for the recommendations, this post was mainly to see which option you would pick in terms of the price and quantity of games you would go for. I do have a list of games that I'd like to get but again do I get a bunch of 400 point games or such and such.

I think the reason most people are offering game advice over the choices you have listed is because they see it a better idea to get a certain quality over quantity in these situations, for me i would go 1 1200 point game and 1 800 point game and then with that settled i'd get Super Meat Boy and Dust: an Elysian Tale

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Freshbandito

@Coombs said:

as a warning against this advice: I got Hell Yeah for free and still feel like it was a waste. It was amusing for about 10 minutes then quickly became tedious, boring and annoying.

1200pt games are where the meat is, look into that price range.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.