Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Arcade

Platform »

Stand-alone machines specialized for individual games. Arcades began the game industry and peaked in popularity before home consoles took over the gaming public. Arcade games usually cost 25 cents, or 100 yen, per play. Known for the most cutting-edge technology of their time, arcades have the largest video game library, and greatest variety of control methods, of any platform.

What would you say is the best Arcade period?

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

I'm trying to make a list.  

EDIT: i do not mean which time period, i just said period as in like your opinion of the absolute best PERIOD! lol nothing to do with time, i'm looking for the best arcades that exist NOW. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Early nineties. BTW congrats on a great home opener. Le Toux... we miss you Sebastian! 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @AgentJ said:

" Early nineties. BTW congrats on a great home opener. Le Toux... we miss you Sebastian!  "

lol thanks dude.  

me and buddies are planning to go to a one of the games at the linc soon. cannot wait!!! we want to go there before they start playing at their own, inferior, stadium. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @AgentJ said:
    " Early nineties. BTW congrats on a great home opener. Le Toux... we miss you Sebastian!  "
    also, I ment PERIOD. like not as in decade just like in a figure of speech. lol i know silly, i didnt think of that and i understand the confusion completley....ugh. 
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By yakov456
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @AgentJ said:

lol thanks dude.   me and buddies are planning to go to a one of the games at the linc soon. cannot wait!!! we want to go there before they start playing at their own, inferior, stadium.  "
    Inferior? The linc is a shithole. Terribly designed. I will wait to see a game at ppl park, a more intimate and football like setting. Aladdin's castle was/is the best arcade, they used to have one here at the mall but it left many years ago. But I think they are still around.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @yakov456 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @AgentJ said:

lol thanks dude.   me and buddies are planning to go to a one of the games at the linc soon. cannot wait!!! we want to go there before they start playing at their own, inferior, stadium.  "
    Inferior? The linc is a shithole. Terribly designed. I will wait to see a game at ppl park, a more intimate and football like setting. Aladdin's castle was/is the best arcade, they used to have one here at the mall but it left many years ago. But I think they are still around. "

Okay I always disliked the Linc, it has a wind problem which is terrible for the late football season. but its a good stadium overall dude. i wish it was like a dome for the money the spent on it but o well.  
    its definitely a bigger and better stadium than the small one built for the Union.  but then again, 
    i think their new stadium is definitely better fit for them and probably better for the fans.  
     i dunno lol.  

anyways, GO PHILLIES they just won!
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By yakov456
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @yakov456 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @AgentJ said:

Inferior? The linc is a shithole. Terribly designed. I will wait to see a game at ppl park, a more intimate and football like setting. Aladdin's castle was/is the best arcade, they used to have one here at the mall but it left many years ago. But I think they are still around. "
    Okay I always disliked the Linc, it has a wind problem which is terrible for the late football season. but its a good stadium overall dude. i wish it was like a dome for the money the spent on it but o well.  its definitely a bigger and better stadium than the small one built for the Union.  but then again, i think their new stadium is definitely better fit for them and probably better for the fans.   i dunno lol.    anyways, GO PHILLIES they just won! "
    I wonder how the Fly guys are doing, win and in.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @yakov456 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @yakov456 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @AgentJ said:

Okay I always disliked the Linc, it has a wind problem which is terrible for the late football season. but its a good stadium overall dude. i wish it was like a dome for the money the spent on it but o well.  its definitely a bigger and better stadium than the small one built for the Union.  but then again, i think their new stadium is definitely better fit for them and probably better for the fans.   i dunno lol.    anyways, GO PHILLIES they just won! "
    I wonder how the Fly guys are doing, win and in. "
    yeah they won. over time shootout. banging they won the shoot out 2-1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.