Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ArmA II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 26, 2009

ArmA II: Ultimate Military Simulator is, as the title would suggest, a Military Simulation game developed by Bohemia Interactive. Experience the intensity of lifelike combat situations in one of the most realistic soldier sims available.

We all need to get ArmA II.

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ping5000

HHURHGUHHUHHHHHHHHH

Guys. Guys. This game comes out next week. Essentially Operation Flashpoint 3. There's some history with the naming deal, but the summation of all that is:

1. Codemasters published the first Operation Flashpoint. Bohemia Interactive developed. It was totally ballin' and did really well.
    2. Cohemia split. Codemasters kept the name. Bohemia made Armed Assault, or ArmA for short. Pretty much Operation Flashpoint 2. Pretty much. Just couldn't take the name with them.
    3. Codemasters is using the name again for Dragon Rising and Bohemia's about to ship out their totally gangster sequel, which looks leagues better than the first ArmA.

The best thing about this game will be the editor. The amount of dumb/awesome things you can do with it is ridiculous. The second best thing is the multi-player. There is no player limit. There's footage of 50-man co-op games. I don't know how that makes any sense, but I have an erection now.

Though, I might have to crap on your current state of euphoria by mentioning that everything Bohemia makes is anal-rentetive about realism. Play the ArmA demo. Get confused. Get lost. Make your helicopter go into half a loop and then watch it come crashing to the ground upside down. And you're going to need a pimpass system to get things looking sexy. I have a pimpass system. We all need to get pimpass systems and ArmA II.
    Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ping5000

HHURHGUHHUHHHHHHHHH

Guys. Guys. This game comes out next week. Essentially Operation Flashpoint 3. There's some history with the naming deal, but the summation of all that is:

1. Codemasters published the first Operation Flashpoint. Bohemia Interactive developed. It was totally ballin' and did really well.
    2. Cohemia split. Codemasters kept the name. Bohemia made Armed Assault, or ArmA for short. Pretty much Operation Flashpoint 2. Pretty much. Just couldn't take the name with them.
    3. Codemasters is using the name again for Dragon Rising and Bohemia's about to ship out their totally gangster sequel, which looks leagues better than the first ArmA.

The best thing about this game will be the editor. The amount of dumb/awesome things you can do with it is ridiculous. The second best thing is the multi-player. There is no player limit. There's footage of 50-man co-op games. I don't know how that makes any sense, but I have an erection now.

Though, I might have to crap on your current state of euphoria by mentioning that everything Bohemia makes is anal-rentetive about realism. Play the ArmA demo. Get confused. Get lost. Make your helicopter go into half a loop and then watch it come crashing to the ground upside down. And you're going to need a pimpass system to get things looking sexy. I have a pimpass system. We all need to get pimpass systems and ArmA II.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Absurd

Holy dickfarts! That looks intense.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By delta_ass

I hope it's not buggy.

Bohemia's known for bugs.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Seppli

ArmA 2 is very buggy, but also very promising. It will take quite a few months to sort out the bugs to the point, that ArmA 2 becomes an enjoyable experience. The game is out in europe since almost a month. Some patches have been released already, but there's still plenty to come. User feedback is a mixed bag between a few people, who love ArmA 2 for its possibilties and tons of people, who are annoyed with gamebreaking bugs. Everybody agrees though, the game has a lot of potential. Most people though, don't appreciate paying to play an extended beta. I gathered this feedback from the user reviews at my favorite e-shop. I have no first hand experience with ArmA 2, so take this with a grain of salt.

ArmA 2 is a military simulator and offers crazy amounts of depth and options to play with. So if you are into that kind of gameplay, like flight simulators or racing sims, ArmA 2 is the military equivalent of those games. Nothing for action fans though. It's rather slow paced and requires time and effort to get into it. If you are down with that and can live with the countless minor and major bugs and essetially paying for the ongoing developement of the game, go for it. Your investment might just give us the ArmA 2, we want it to be. In a year or two...

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Lashe
    @Seppli: So it is Operation Flashpoint? Haha. The game looks like it has a lot of potential but I'm not sure I would enjoy something like that offline in all honesty -- everything about it screams online for me. I think I like my singleplayer experiences (in terms of execution) more like COD than Battlefield, with regard to being tight and story driven, while online I prefer the idea of teamwork and a good sense of scale, ie, Battlefield.
    Seraphim2150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Seraphim2150

I'm playing the UK copy (as i'm in the UK..) and its running pretty well. One or two odd bugs but its better than ARMA 1 was at this point

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Lowbrow

That acutally looks good... better than americas army.... maybe Ill grab the demo later.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Colonel_Cool

I'm super excited for this game. Getting it when it comes out in the US on the 26th. I just hope it's decently optimized.

BlazerRazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BlazerRazor

Just a note, the game has been out in europe for a couple of days now. Very cool game. DLGamer has the game for sale; http://www.dlgamer.com/buy-arma_ii-download-p-5181.html

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.