Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 23, 2015

Set in 1868 London during the Industrial Revolution, players take on the role of sibling Assassins named Evie and Jacob Frye as they rally to overthrow the Templars in power. Developed by Ubisoft Québec for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Next Year's Assassin's Creed Game Has Already Been Leaked

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel like one of the only people that really, really enjoyed Unity. Best AC game since 2, and I think it's replaced 2 as my favourite. The idea of Victorian London in AC? Fuck man... JUST PUT THAT SHIT IN MY VEINS!!!

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if they cut the graphics back a couple of notches to where it will actually run on anything below a supercomputer.. they might have something on their hands.

Seriously, Unity has cloth physics on what seems like every single character in the game. It pulls so many graphical tricks, it makes for some spectacular still images. And it runs at 15 frames per second.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#203  Edited By SharkEthic

Jesus Christ, Ubi...just....stop...

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I'm left wondering why the last line of this news post was needed? There is already enough steering of the cultural narrative from games journalists, and all Patrick had to do here is simply report that this is a thing. His opinion is irrelevant to this.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@basm321 said:

I swear that if they don't let me use the hidden blade(s) as my combat weapon I'm going to be done with the series. That was unity's biggest flaw

You what!? But that's the only weapon to use in Assassins Creed. Talk about a big boo boo from Ubisoft there.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#206  Edited By Dizzyhippos

You know there not the same type of game so this is a flawed comparison but, part of what make's GTA and MGS so good is we don't get them super often

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do us a favour and leave Jack the Ripper out of this.

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Japan? No? Eh.

Japan, is there end game, when the life is completely rung from the series (arguably quite close) then and only then, will they give you the Feudal Japanese setting the kids have be clambering for. Personally I think ninjas and the like, while cool, have had a fair shake and there maybe more interesting and lesser known cultures to explore.

Falk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#209  Edited By Falk

Also, I'm left wondering why the last line of this news post was needed? There is already enough steering of the cultural narrative from games journalists, and all Patrick had to do here is simply report that this is a thing. His opinion is irrelevant to this.

If you don't want opinions there are plenty of other sites out there.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna guess that Jack the Ripper turns out to be a rogue assassin or a templar.

NoodleUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boooring.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

London could be a really great setting for an Assassins Creed game, but man, am I tired of them!

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I'd be kinda interested in a game set in Victorian-era London. I mean, I'm not sure I want an Assassin Creed game set in London, but this would be the first Assassin's Creed game where I've actually been to the place portrayed... I just kinda wished it wasn't an Assassin's Creed game.

Avatar image for captainkamikaze
    CaptainKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But they didn't even fix the last one yet.

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Still could be cool.

I'm an Assassin's Creed optimist.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They should do what Square-Enix did with Final Fantasy XIV and remake Unity into a good game.

JuggaloAcidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#217  Edited By JuggaloAcidman

Looks good but it's still an Ubisoft product. Also, is another Assassin's really big enough of a deal to warrant all the bullshit everyone posted here?

Avatar image for williamflattener
    williamflattener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nominating this for the "Take A Break" category.

launch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't help but feel a little bit of hope. I want AC to be good again, damnit. We were so close, and then Black Flag sailed us by to make room for Unity. Can we go back to the things that made Black Flag good? Hell, can we go back to Brotherhood-style?

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Bane

Too much Assassin's Creed too fast.

I loved Black Flag primarily for the ship mechanics. The Jackdaw added something fresh and interesting to the series. The same ol' formula of parkouring around historical settings stabbing dudes just isn't going to cut it for me anymore. I've no intention of playing Unity (for various reasons) and no interest in Victory either. If news comes out that Victory has some interesting new mechanics I'll give it another look, otherwise I don't care.

For what it's worth I feel the same about Far Cry. I agree 100% with Jeff: if they release Far Cry 5 and the biggest difference is the setting - they fucked up. I'm playing 4 right now and having an okay time, but it's apparent that I've grown weary of that particular formula. Far Cry 5 needs to be 5.0, not Far Cry 2.3.

Hilts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The AC series continues to develop like a dying sun. It expands, propagating itself, swallowing planets before going super nova and disappearing forever! Take a break Ub's

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's hope this one launches without the nightmare Unity faced.

I haven't played an AC game since AC3, but the setting for this one sounds great. I'll get Unity at some point too I guess, once it's cheaper and it's been patched.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I've been out of this series for a while, but I find this news interesting for the fact that it's set in the 19th century. We're getting closer to these games taking place in relatively modern times, which is where I've been waiting for this series to go. Hell, I'd take an Assassin's Creed set in the 1970s; that would be amazing.

AlexAlterisio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually a setting that I was hoping the Assassin's Creed franchise would eventually tackle. After taking a break from the series this year, I'll likely be craving a new AC by the time this comes out. I imagine Ubisoft will be more willing to delay future games rather than putting out an unfinished product.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They better make this one good.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this one actually works, then...yay.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Corevi
    @superfriend said:

Well, if they cut the graphics back a couple of notches to where it will actually run on anything below a supercomputer.. they might have something on their hands.

Seriously, Unity has cloth physics on what seems like every single character in the game. It pulls so many graphical tricks, it makes for some spectacular still images. And it runs at 15 frames per second.

For consoles they totally should focus on hitting 30 fps at the expense of everything else, but I have a 970 and an I5 so I would be quite disappointed if this game looked worse than it's predecessor.

They definitely do need to do more optimization work though.

enai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Chelsea smiles for everyone!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To soon. The ghoul faces are extremely amusing, but not everyone is as entertained by that as I am.

banicabolnica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20 bucks the PC port will be SHIT... as always >_<

Avatar image for elsenorjalapeno
    ElSenorJalapeno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did the Freedom Cry do that was so different from AC4? I played like an hour of it and put it down, because I thought it was exactly like the main game, which I've already spent 20 hours on.

Did I miss something?

Murdoc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like AC games, but the fidelity of their worlds are amazing and the fact that outside the gameplay and story it's a period piece. I'd love to see Victorian London with that kind of production, so count me in.

I wish they would put the effort and money into making their worlds but for a different game.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Something something press sneak fucks.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did the Freedom Cry do that was so different from AC4? I played like an hour of it and put it down, because I thought it was exactly like the main game, which I've already spent 20 hours on.

Did I miss something?

Most of it is proapbly cause it dared(?) to touch on slavery at all.

the gameplay was just the same as before with some very sligthly new mission things.

SpicyRichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the time period. Skipped unity (so far) but I'll give this a shot

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to have to play this now aren't I? *sigh*

fjor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....so many AC's...im gonna vomit........where is beyond good and evil 2????

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The many, many positive reactions I'm seeing around the internet are why games will continue to be pushed out as buggy hot messes when the need arises.

I mean, even Sonic still sells games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I want to say I don't give a shit but the idea that you could possible hang out with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, that Jack The Ripper was a Templar, or that your assassin antics cause pedestrians to think you are a Spring Heel Jack just sounds so fucking cool. Not to mention the ridiculous steam punk weapons that will be in the game. Hell they could justify that Nikola Tesla just so happens to be in London for some reason so you get a freakin' electro hidden wrist blade. How sweet and impractical is that?

It seems like Assassin's Creed follows Star Trek movie rules, if you ignore Brotherhood and Revelations, in that the even numbered sequels rock while the odd numbered sequels suck.

After Victorian London there are maybe only two or three places left that would get me excited for an Assassin's Creed sequel that don't involve the current era or future. There is China during the Boxer Rebellion because of the mix of cultures and the mounting tensions, Prohibition era Chicago because you would be scaling skyscrapers and fighting gangsters, and Russian during the revolution because I want Rasputin in an Assassin's Creed game.

t_rexd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaff: Maybe even Doctor Who and Austin Powers..

ApolloDynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played an assassin's creed game since Revelations, and it doesn't look like I'm going to play again any time soon.

JaysonYoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By JaysonYoung

A leaked promotional photo indicates that swordplay experts SNK will be teaming up with Ubisoft for the next Assassin's Creed game, coming fall 2015:

No Caption Provided

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By gogosox82

He's done this on literally every article like the Destiny article about the dlc. If you don't like it, then go somewhere else.

maartenboy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please let us play as Sherlock Holmes the assassin! That would be so awesome! Investigating crime scenes and making them!

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

As a massive AC fan the Unity business has just kinda killed any pre-hype for these games, I was so excited for AC3 looked and sounded like the perfect AC game to me and it was a mess.

jpoon78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really can't believe people want more of this. Good lord Ubisoft take a damn break, your ideas are certainly running thin at this point.

mercury228

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Ubisoft has been releasing unfinished games and already announcing another one in the same franchise. This shit is boring. I really hope people stop supporting these games.

greyfoxv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never want to climb a tower to synchronize ever again.

Just wait until we have to synchronize on top of a water tower in the Old West!

*screams internally*

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please let us play as Sherlock Holmes the assassin! That would be so awesome! Investigating crime scenes and making them!

Maybe he could fight Harry Potter, if we're just inviting fictional book characters into this universe. And maybe Doctor Who stops in with Robin Hood in tow.

Bernoulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want this shit

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.