Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 23, 2015

Set in 1868 London during the Industrial Revolution, players take on the role of sibling Assassins named Evie and Jacob Frye as they rally to overthrow the Templars in power. Developed by Ubisoft Québec for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Next Year's Assassin's Creed Game Has Already Been Leaked

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nope. I'm okay, Ubisoft.

Univarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The anglophile in me is squealing with joy. The AC dissenter in me is inwardly groaning. I want this to be a good game because I want a good game with the scope an AC game can be set in this time-frame... it's just that it is going to be an AC game. My least favorite parts of Black Flag was every moment I spent off the ship and unless they go full naval again, that's what this game will be.

I'm not sure what they could do here that would make me fall back in love with this series. In a sense they would have to reinvent the wheel for a series that is stuck in the mud and that's not going to happen.

homelessviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By homelessviking

What if Ubisoft just made a really cool game set in Victorian London and forewent all this tired AC silliness. Hell, it can even remain stealth and maybe even open world. Just give this franchise a rest, and maybe branch out of the Ubi Ur-game formula.

Avatar image for vindictivepotato
    VindictivePotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Can't wait until Assassin's creed goes the way of the Dodo. Soooo many good IPs Ubisoft could be making but they put so much effort and spend so many man hours in Assassin's Creed games that rarely play differently from each other. They keep this up and the market will be over saturated with Assassin's Creed games and ultimately it will end up like guitar hero.

Meanwhile, Beyond Good and Evil 2 is sitting in a cesspool somewhere in the nether regions of Ubisoft's offices.....

Cloudunderfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it was any other setting I wouldn't be too excited. All things considered, I wouldn't mind seeing this pushed to 2016

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was my dream setting besides the French Revolution. Then I bought Unity.

Fuck off, Ubisoft.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point they should just say fuck it and base the next game in a massive expanse of desert and call it Assassins Creed: Fuck-all. The lack of towers to climb and people to stab would be a refreshing change of pace. You could spend your time on four hour long chase missions pursuing mirages to your death, after which the game deliberately bricks your console and calls the cops on you for buying another AC game and thus perpetuating this never ending stream of THE SAME OLD SHIT.

I'm not even that mad really, I just wish Ubisoft would invest some time in new IP that does not all follow the same formula. I like Far Cry 4, but if the next game is just more of the same I will not be buying it.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Victorian London

Aaaand I'm back.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Instead of commenting on the growing invasiveness of industrialisation, we decided to make a game about climbing Big Ben."

Zeds_Dead_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm giving this franchise a break for a couple of years. Really enjoyed BF and AC 2 before that but these releases are way too frequent for me.

Avatar image for lowestformofwit
    lowestformofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

There's a reason why the word "ass" appears twice in the title of these games.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By RedRoach

There's a reason why the word "ass" appears twice in the title of these games.

7 years later and people keep making this joke.

Jennifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Jennifyre

Still no female assassin?

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#265  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I don't know, I still think cold war division era Berlin would be the most interesting setting for one of these games.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheJoker138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I will play this game if it turns out the player character is Jack the Ripper and all the women he killed were actually evil templar informants.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

Why do all these AAA companies insist on releasing a new sequel every year? Not even movies hold that tight of a schedule, and they're easier to make than games. Can't they just stick to a 2-year schedule?

AndyLonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thornie: I got it on a similar system (770) Hopefully it runds well, but I'm not very enthusiastic about the gameplay

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeaaa, I'm over these games. Turned into trash real quick.

stutheironman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a fan of the Assassins Creed series really, but would show interest if they decided to make one set in feudal Japan. The characters that you play all move around and strike like Ninjas, so why not be a Ninja? For a game like this though, they'd do a lot better to release it on a 2 year cycle. People won't be completely sick of it, and it gives the teams a much more time to do something of merit that's more ambitious. It's a shame that their decisions are driven by only this years profits instead of creating something of high quality.

coolowlbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really just don't even care anymore. This series is done.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Hey look,the next Mario and Zelda game has been leaked. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnx10.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falk said:

@lysergica33 said:

Also, I'm left wondering why the last line of this news post was needed? There is already enough steering of the cultural narrative from games journalists, and all Patrick had to do here is simply report that this is a thing. His opinion is irrelevant to this.

If you don't want opinions there are plenty of other sites out there.

It just seemed needlessly cynical to me. Why not just wait and take the game on its own merits? It's not like this yearly crap comes down from on high, there are still people in ubisoft actually TRYING to make art despite all that. People who are in positions to sway a cultural narrative should exercise responsibility is all I'm saying.

IamMcLovin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed that half of London is on fire. This must be set during the fire of 1666.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

Assassin's Creed really needs to win the Take A Break Award from GB this year. I'd love to run around Victorian London but I'd prefer to do it two years from now and give Assassin's Creed some breathing room.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hey is Jack The Ripper gonna be an Assassin? Hey, is Jack The Ripper going to be an Assassin? Is Jack The Ripper going to be an Assassin?

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

One way the Assassins Creed series can save itself, is by stopping with the Europe locations. We've played though enough of them. Time to expand the universe and include places like Asia, Africa, and so forth. Oh, and they can take the time to make a decent PC port. Assassins Creed IV worked fine on most capable PC's, I don't know what happened with Unity. But the series never really recovered after the horrible conclusion of Desmond's story in ACIII. Black Flag, was a good distraction, but Unity brought those memories back.

Not to mention how the Assassins are starting to look like self centered bastards, while the Templar's look like men and women whom are dedicated to their beliefs, no matter how evil they seem.

Alek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Alek

I shouldn't be looking forward to this after the Unity debacle and not having really liked Assassin's since II. But I lived in London for a little bit and am unreasonably excited to wander around and just see what I recognise.

nERVEcenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Cool, I guess.

xXHesekielXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GOODBYE UBISOFT! I will never ever buy a ass creed game again. You guys have disappointed me too many times.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@huser said:
    @rirse said:

Maybe you ARE Jack the Ripper in this?

But honestly hope they took those complaints about Unity and make the new main character a female.

Given the era that might be interesting. Being an Assassin but having to plan and attend social events to maintain your standing might be an interesting side thing...assuming it somehow all ties together.

Oh man, as I read this I imagined AC with some Persona Social Linking elements. Only instead of building friendships, you're creating relationships with different social groups to help in your assassination missions. Like maybe some groups would have information about your target or they could could (at MAX level) create an alibi for you to avoid suspicion from the police.

May I introduce you to a game called Alpha Protocol?

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but at this point in the game fuck ubisoft, after watch dogs, unity, and the shit I had to do to get fc4 going properly on my PC I'm pretty much done, Im going to vote no on ubisofts proposition victory.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.