Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Unity

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

The Assassin's Creed series heads to Paris, France, amid the French Revolution. The player controls Arno Dorian, an Assassin, as he attempts to disrupt and destroy the true powers behind the Revolution.

PS4 Performance is Terrible

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dan_citi said:
    @snakeitachi said:

The series died when patrice left it.

Really? Wasn't he really only a part of 1 and 2?

Left at brotherhood.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone tried logging out of PSN when playing? Some other forum posts I've read have stated this improved performance. I cannot test it right now myself.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#303  Edited By lethalki11ler

@sethphotopoulos: Your frame rate does look quite smoother than mine. Are you playing on a disc version? Or the PSN version?

I'm playing the disc version by the way. If the game is smoother on the PSN version I'd be willing to purchase it online instead (I REALLY want to love this game, I've had a great time with all the previous ones).

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. The game is unopened sitting on my drawer until I have time to return it later this week. I'd rather use that money on Black Friday deals at this point.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#305  Edited By rethla

I just got Unity on PS4 and played it for 5hours. It runs perfectly fine and looks stunning. Its not 60fps and its not even a solid 30 but its totally on pair with every other AC and definitly not "unplayable". I think this embargo has backfired horribly since the game runs absolutly fine but the internet thinks its a technical disaster with a shady embargo smoke screen.

Edit. Just look at the quicklook when Alex fires up the PC and expects a disaster but its perfectly fine and no matter how much he tries to show Vinny the performance issues there are none and Vinny thinks it looks perfectly fine.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

@thehbk said:

I think the poor performance has to do with the PS4 having a slower CPU than the Xbox One. The AI stuff must really be fucking things up.

They both run poorly though, the 360 seems to run 2-3 frames better in some occasions.

Either way, we shouldn't be using Ubisoft as any indication of how good a machine is, AC Unity doesn't even run at 60 FPS on computers with two GTX 980s, that's like $1200 of video cards...

I have a feeling The Witcher 3 will blow away Unity not only in terms of visuals but also performance, let's see what that game says about the hardware we have.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

With the previous generation of consoles I learned to put up with shoddy framerate, because it was basically the norm for the last couple of years. But now that we have these new consoles, I'm far less forgiving. I spent a fair amount of money on the new console, and I don't want to have to experience framerate issues so soon into it's lifespan. A shame, too, because I like the AC series.

astupidvdcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4s FPS could definitely use a slight boost, at least to put it on Xbones level. i reckon ubisoft should drop NPC count by 10-20 percent (dont know if that would help).

But i think its no where near unplayable as im terrible at this game, and yet im progressing through missions fine. (thanks to the super dumb AI, kill Siverts guard outside confession box, nek minnet still goes in to die haha)

Paris is definitely a work of art, every building exterior is so detailed and full of polygons and the interior is just oozing with fine details. ermagerdd hnnnng.

I find glitches like pop ins dont impact me that much unless its in an empty space and it large chunk just appears but game is so dense and so much stuff is going on its hard to keep track of glitches, i wish they would fix it asap but im here to play the game and enjoy it not on a witch hunt to look for glitches and join in a circlejerk.

6hrs of playing and havent fallen through gameworld once nor had character faces not load with floating eyes.

Definitely an 8/10 game for me (9/10 if they improved FPS and glitches abit), combat is super difficult against large number of enemies and they definitely dont attack one at a time but still give you a chance.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#309  Edited By Humanity

@astupidvdcase: Well you're in luck! Since Ubisoft announced patches that will first address all the bugs and later patches to improve performance.

This news basically made me hold off on buying it and I'll probably get the game once I've heard they fixed the heck out of it.

Apparently Ubisoft stock dropped by 8.3% over this release which is substantial.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@humanity: I'm with you, I reckon I'm going to wait until the end of the month and see if there's been any improvements on the situation.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#311  Edited By lethalki11ler

According to this:

We are currently working on our next update that will help address some of the specific issues some players are having, including:

• Arno falling through the ground.
    • Game crashing when joining a co-op session.
    • Arno getting caught inside of hay carts.
    • Delay in reaching the main menu screen at game start.

In addition, we are already looking into many of the other issues you’ve told us about and we have more updates planned. This list doesn’t capture everything, but here are the most widely-reported problems we’ve heard about from you:

• Frame rate issues.
    • Graphical and collision issues.
    • Matchmaking co-op issues.
    • Helix Credits issues.

This is making hold off on trading in my copy to wait and see, don't mind playing Dragon Age and Far Cry until this gets fixed.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just going to say it: the frame rate doesn't bother me that much and I haven't been that impressed by video game visuals since I saw the landscape in Oblivion for the first time.

AC:U has the best time of day representation of any game ever. Fog on the river in the morning, rising sun going through it, afternoon sun rays going through a doorway or stained glass. The lighting in this game is incredible.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#313  Edited By Castiel

I didn't plan on buying this game soon anyways. I might put it on my wishlist for christmas, but I'll wait and see if they get the problems fixed first.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#314  Edited By monkeyking1969

I guess I'll wait for the GOTY PS4 editions for Unity and Rouge.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@humanity said:

Apparently Ubisoft stock dropped by 8.3% over this release which is substantial.

9.3% actually.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I'm a few hours into the game on PS4 (sequence 3) and I can't say I've had really any glaring problems so far. Sure, the game's framerate dips hard at points, but it's nothing too horrid. I loved AC through Brotherhood and IV was good too, and I feel Unity is definitely more of a callback to ACII (which I think was the best in the series), so I'm actually enjoying Unity quite a lot.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I"m not very far into the game (sequence 3), but haven't experienced many problems. There was one part-thankfully it didn't last long, where the frame rate was BAD, I actually didn't know what the hell was happening. Arno was moving very slow, it was weird.

One problem I have on occasion, and I don't know whether it's a glitch or just how it works, is the cover system.

I'll use cover against a wall, but can't climb over it without exiting cover. It just seem very unnatural.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.