Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Unity

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

The Assassin's Creed series heads to Paris, France, amid the French Revolution. The player controls Arno Dorian, an Assassin, as he attempts to disrupt and destroy the true powers behind the Revolution.

Some help with the combat? Or is it broken sometimes?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So, I am really trying my best to play through this game, as I told myself I should finish games that I buy. But at times, I feel that the combat doesn't work. Today, I go into a fight during a mission, (this is on the third try or so) and my guy stopped attacking. I'm playing on the PS4, and when I pressed Square, Circle, or Cross, he wouldn't do anything. Then, when I died, it started to work again. I have gotten used to the combat not responding at times as it is no where near as fluid as the previous games, but is there a way of getting better at the combat? I feel I should just buy better weapons, (I currently am using a 3 star sword and I'm on sequence 6), but I am unsure if I should buy another weapon or not because I am saving for the last upgrade at Arno's place.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

1. make sure you have the latest patch installed. Remember you can click Options while browsing over the game and check for an update.

2. eh, practice makes perfect? Honestly I doubt equipment is your problem but it could help. Just make sure you know the controls (read the manual/tutorials) and then just do some fights. That said you should have enough money for some upgrades. More health can go a long way if the game is too rough right now.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

it is the hardest game since 1, but still not hard. Just learn to dodge and counter, never had any problems with the controls not responding, though. Getting the power strike with the swords is very good too.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yes, it is sometimes just straight up broken, at least in my experience. There are plenty of ways to work around it, which mostly involves cheesing it. Example, the Assassin's Cache has, I think, a one minute cooldown, and it gives you smoke bombs and bullets. Using it on cooldown will keep you stocked with these things, which mostly trivialize the combat. If you purchase Arno's Pistol (Something like that, it's the one that holds 6-8 bullets without needing to reload), you can really lay waste. Regardless of damage, a head shot is always a one hit kill. Same thing with the smoke bomb, throw it at a group of enemies and they are all susceptible to finishers for about 12 seconds.

That's what I did, anyway. When the combat works, it looks flashy and smooth, but it doesn't always work. Bullets and bombs, however, always work.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

For one, you're pressing a button that doesn't exist.

thwip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Try tossing a smoke grenade at the ground if you get surrounded or start taking too much damage. It'll distract them long enough for you to kill one or two guys or just get away.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to think the same as you and then I actually started caring about my equipment and noticed that I don't die like crazy anymore and my attacks actually do damage. Also, upgrading things is good, and you're gonna want to get some more skills with those points you earn. The combat is definitely the hardest in the series and sometimes the whole dodge to evade a gunshot thing doesn't work but other than that I think it's quite a better combat system than other games. The others were just way too easy and overpowered.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I love the game but yeah the combat just straight up breaks occasionally. The exact thing happens to me where Arno just stops responding to any button press. Only started happening to me with the most recent patch, or maybe the one before, but it seems to be a newer issue and not a launch one.

When it comes to the main difficulty of the combat, your gear is crucial. Yeah you will probably get a bit better but the main thing is making sure you have the best gear you can afford. With the top level weapons and the power attack abilities you can take out the 1 and 2 star enemies in a single attack. Upgrading your armor is huge too as it is the easiest way to increase your health, as the abilities to increase it are quite costly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.