Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Unity

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

The Assassin's Creed series heads to Paris, France, amid the French Revolution. The player controls Arno Dorian, an Assassin, as he attempts to disrupt and destroy the true powers behind the Revolution.

Ubisoft Promises to Start Fixing Unity's Many Glitches

• 93 results
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek

Besides being one of the more banal entries in the series, Assassin's Creed Unity is quickly becoming known for its many glitches. In response, Ubisoft has published a blog promising to correct them.

No Caption Provided

Though Unity's troubled frame rate has garnered the most attention, there's more to be concerned about. Falling through the game world? Not so great. This and other issues have been highlighted by Ubisoft, though the company hasn't outlined a timeline for what we'd assume are multiple upcoming patches for the game.

"We are currently working on our next update that will help address some of the specific issues some players are having, including:

• Arno falling through the ground.
      • Game crashing when joining a co-op session.
      • Arno getting caught inside of hay carts.
      • Delay in reaching the main menu screen at game start.

In addition, we are already looking into many of the other issues you’ve told us about and we have more updates planned. This list doesn’t capture everything, but here are the most widely-reported problems we’ve heard about from you:

• Frame rate issues.
      • Graphical and collision issues.
      • Matchmaking co-op issues.
      • Helix Credits issues."

More details should be available in the "coming days."

This is probably not how Ubisoft was hoping Unity's launch would go. Maybe Far Cry 4, which launches next week, will be a bit smoother? It can't be much worse, at least.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Corevi

I really hope FC4 is better than this.

GenghisJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not even counting all the issues this game has, I just don't think I want any more AC.

Kaigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder what kind of microtransactions they'll cram into Far Cry 4.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That bad eh. Holy Moses , Im kind of glad that I havent jumped to the next gen band wagon because this makes too many big AAA games with to much jank on it.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Naoiko

Is it just me or is this happening more and more to major game releases? I mean, even Pokemon X and Y had a save file corrupting glitch that the game launched with and Nintendo had to patch it. Is this the new norm? Major games coming out broken in need of patching because they had to make a deadline?

DrPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genghisjohn: That's how AC3 made me feel. And now I'm watching these AC releases every year and going "yep, that sure looks like more of that." Kind of a bummer.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Junkboy

@corevi said:

At this point after FC3, Watch Dogs, and AC:U I think I've just gonna go out on a limb and say set expectations low.

Oh, and as for The Division that was a tech demo they made it up and won't ever be released but we'll get a poor imitation of said tech demo that won't work upon launch.

lane_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

And this is why you don't pre-order games nowadays. Even the guys with hundreds of millions of dollars release games that are basically broken.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0 said:

Oh, and as for The Division that was a tech demo they made it up and won't ever be released but we'll get a poor imitation of said tech demo that won't work upon launch.

I literally could not give less of a shit about The Division.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@junkboy0 said:

@corevi said:

At this point after FC3, Watch Dogs, and AC:U I think I've just gonna go out on a limb and say set expectations low.

FC3 was fine as far as I recall

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrfluke

yea ran into an instance of falling through the ground in the game.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Junkboy

@shinboy630 said:

@junkboy0 said:

@corevi said:

It was pretty much broken on the PC for tons of folks from both Red and Green camps with massive stuttering for months upon release. Though the console versions were relatively problem free in comparison I guess.

jackburtonme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The characteristic that most distinguishes a game as AAA is becoming whether or not it shipped with an apology.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Corevi
    @junkboy0 said:

@shinboy630 said:

@junkboy0 said:

@corevi said:

It was pretty much broken on the PC for tons of folks from both Red and Green camps with massive stuttering for months upon release. Though the console versions were relatively problem free in comparison I guess.

The console versions had an unplayably bad frame rate.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But guys, they'll only make Beyond Good & Evil 2 if enough people buy Unity!

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about removing those micro transactions as well?

This worries me a lot about Far Cry. Far Cry 3 was great, but the world size is the same and I fear it will just be a re skin.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good, at least there is will to get things sorted out. I am a dumbass who preordered Unity, I will now let it rest in the old digital locker and wait to see if it gets any better. For as much shit you can see talked about this game on the internet, I kind of really like the part of the game I have seen so far - the combat is actually not trivial, the story seemed interesting to say the least and the city is beautiful. Just get the framerate to a solid thirty and I'll be happy enough.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Junkboy

@corevi said:
    @junkboy0 said:

@shinboy630 said:

The console versions had an unplayably bad frame rate.

I guess I would consider that as more of a "expected" "feature" of the last gen consoles. I was surprised the port was as good as it was based on the vram limitations of last gen.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By meteora3255

@naoiko: With these huge releases it certainly is. Hitting the release date is more important than anything else especially for a holiday season release like this. They likely knew of the issues and were already working on fixing them but they can't come out and say "the game is busted give us a week to patch it." They hope for all the day 1 sales they can get and then play dumb about the bugs/glitches.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's a real shame they couldn't have fixed these issues before launch. It's almost like game development needs a period before release where bugs and issues are sought out and fixed or something...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By 014

Co-op matchmaking problems... on UPlay... NO WAY! I will buy a single player game on UPlay still, but not multiplayer. Multiplayer UPlay games are the same as throwing my money in the trash.

adamantypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds like they just watched the YouTube glitch video and said, "oh yeah we'll fix that"

piggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm playing on pc and I have had zero problems. It runs fast and I haven't seen any real glitches like falling through the world. It did crash once but it happened as I went to close the game and my save was fine so I didn't care.

I think it's pretty fun but I'm a bigger fan of AC2 than I was of 4 so I like climbing around the big cities. Also the big assassinations remind me of the way they were in the first AC which was the only part I liked about the first one.

I am bummed they can't do something right with the modern story. I really liked it but I feel just ignoring it is lame.

Senate4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Senate4242

Its a little bit of a mess. I am near the end and so far I have fallen through the world once, and been stuck in geometry twice. Both times while scaling down buildings. Thankfully I was able to fast travel out of all those situations because its not like the game has a save/load option anywhere.

Also, frame-rate has been okay for the most part, only dipping when I get near large groups of people but never to the point of unplayable. However anytime you get near the any thing where the game has to talk to a server, it also hitches. The stupid Ubisoft point stuff has not worked yet so there is gear that is locked for the time being as well.

I wont get into all the micro-transaction shit that is thrown in your face. This is the first Assassins Creed game I have been truly disappointed with. This feels like a huge step down from Black Flag on many levels.

I am playing on the PS4 version.

Edit: I will also like to add, I do not like the new combat system at all. You are supposed to wait for visual queues on their health bars to parry and dodge, but it is so zoomed in, I cant see half the attacks before they happen.

Tomorrowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tomorrowman

I feel bad for the thousands that worked on this game. Unity is my favorite ac so far but they'll never here things like that over the the shit talk.

diehappygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, good: now that the game is out, they've decided to beta test - how kind of them.

Avatar image for murderslingshot
    MurderSlingshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently set my 29 year old brother (I'm 21) on a new game Renaissance and one of the games he really enjoyed was AC:Black Flag and he was super excited about Unity. So we split the cost of Unity and I'm not disappointed because I feel as if I've wasted my money, I'm disappointed because I know it's not going to live up to his expectations no matter how much I temper them. Just needed to get that off my chest.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well I'm so happy that they are such good developers as to come out and admit that they rushed the game out because they had to meet their one-year release cycle and...wait.

Seriously, it's good that they're at least acknowledging the issues. But this should never have been said. All games have issues, and all games get patches. But to have this much stuff broken is just nuts.

It makes me remember that guy who wrote into the Bombcast from overseas who has terrible internet. And my friend who lives a few miles away in a more rural area that gets like less than 1mbps internet.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm Kotaku's story for this has a very similar opening line:

Aside from being one of the dullest entries in the best-selling series, Assassin's Creed Unity appears to be riddled with bugs.

Although GB articles aren't timestamped, judging by comment timestamps it looks like Patrick was first.

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe, no, they should have fixed those issues before releasing the game. I don't know if it's because I've been playing more PC games and realizing a lot of them are a complete mess or just seeing games being released (somehow) in a less-than-appropriate state but I'm on the road to never buying a game at launch. No matter how big of the release I'm going to wait until it's patched and playable how it should be.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Such a shame....Oh AC, I love you, but you are making so difficult for me....I guess I will wait and see if this can be sorted before buying...

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helix Credit issues? Are people not able to spend the credits they payed $99.99 for?

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Ubi can get these issues ironed out quick, because the game itself is quite solid.

I've been fortunate enough not to run into any big problems myself. The frame rate has been fine for me as well

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifesb4ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lifesb4ne
    • Arno getting caught inside of hay carts.

It's about time some one started booby trapping those damn carts.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why promise to fix something we expect to not find in a game gone gold on the shelves for $60.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hunkulese

I think most of the people calling the game broken haven't actually played the game. Sure there are some glitchy things going on, but most of them are just silly. Nothing gamebreaking or anything close to a broken game.

At least on PC the game is fine.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BasketSnake
    @lane_ said:

And this is why you don't pre-order games nowadays. Even the guys with hundreds of millions of dollars release games that are basically broken.

Your statement is bug-free and polished.

thefriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lessons learned:

- Don't pre-order games

- Don't pre-order games from ubisoft

- Hope FC4 is better than this, but don't pre-order it

- Come on ubisoft, why u do dis?

- Console ports are the worst

thesillymonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By thesillymonkey

@hammondoftexas: it's not whats on the outside, but what's on the inside that matters.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbradley1992: this is all corporate and upper management mandated stuff, i wouldn't outright blame the developers. Im pretty sure they worked round the clock thankless hours to keep the game from being more on fire than it is. I don't think they can put up any protest short of quitting en masse and starting their own studio(s); meanwhile if you really want you can vote with your wallet.

The game doesn't even seem as broken as i would expect it to be, considering all the moving parts involved. Maybe more of a case of looking bad in context with arguably less complex games that are as a result more polished.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

When are those fixes coming though? None of these news articles mention any sort of timeline. Is it by the end of November or by the end of the year? Sometimes I wish videogame news was bit more "meaty" in it's content.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By white

I'm surprised they didn't catch these "issues" during testing.

If they did catch these "issues" and decided not to fix them, then I'm surprised they let THAT happen.

Hell, getting a broken product out of the door quickly is better than taking an extra year to ship a well polished deliverable, right?

EvanSnicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still looking forward to AC, I really enjoy the franchise, but I decided to wait on this with Dragon Age coming. Hopefully a lot of this stuff will be sorted out by the time I pick it up in a month or so.

GoGreenRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#48  Edited By megalowho

Not sure this is enough to win the coveted Apology of the Year award but probably good for a nomination at least.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad that I didn't get this.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad I didn't bother with this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.