Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed II

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The second installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise follows the life of Ezio Auditore da Firenze as he seeks revenge on those who betrayed his family.

It's a bad game

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @End_Boss said:
    " I liked the rest of the game, but the only reason you need to keep playing is the incredibly awkward Super Mario reference your uncle makes later on.  SPOILERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ "
    You mean when you first meet him...which nate said he already did.
    chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By chstupid
    @rjayb89 said:
    "It's a bad game.  OPINION. "

fixed
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By Evilsbane

You know...maybe I am just in the minority here, but how are the first couple of hours slow? Cause your not stabbing people in the neck instantly? Has everyone become so jaded that we can't take a little bit of time to establish interesting characters AND Then spend the next 20 hours stabbing dudes? Assassins Creed 2 is not the "greatest game ever made" but there is stuff in this game people complain about that just baffles me.  I guess I am a sorta artsy fartsy person who views games as art and AC2 for me corrected everything that was wrong with the first. Now if they implement a combo system and take the combat to the next level, and implement stealth in some new ways than AC3 will be the ultimate sandbox assassination simulator lol.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By bombHills

Yeah, the first few hours are not the best... But it starts to really ramp up after that.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Cheapoz
    @Evilsbane said:
    " You know...maybe I am just in the minority here, but how are the first couple of hours slow? Cause your not stabbing people in the neck instantly? Has everyone become so jaded that we can't take a little bit of time to establish interesting characters AND Then spend the next 20 hours stabbing dudes? Assassins Creed 2 is not the "greatest game ever made" but there is stuff in this game people complain about that just baffles me.  I guess I am a sorta artsy fartsy person who views games as art and AC2 for me corrected everything that was wrong with the first. Now if they implement a combo system and take the combat to the next level, and implement stealth in some new ways than AC3 will be the ultimate sandbox assassination simulator lol. "
    My problem with the opening is what I mentioned in my other thread, you buy the game to become an awesome assassin. You start the game as a dude in a hoodie, then a dude delivering letters in Italy. Neither of those are interesting ways to establishing a character.
    MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By MjHealy

Just please tell me the combat in AC2 is way better than the first game's combat because my God did that game piss me off.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By natetodamax
    @MjHealy said:
    " Just please tell me the combat in AC2 is way better than the first game's combat because my God did that game piss me off. "
    The combat consists of you holding right trigger (on 360) and pressing the counter button when they attack.
    blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By blacklab

Hmmm. Sounds like your girlfriend's advice is appropriate here; you're not doing it right.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Binman88
    @natetodamax: That's how the lazy and unimaginative played the original AC too. There's definitely more to it if you bother to lift a finger.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By natetodamax
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " You see Nate, you need to play games for a little bit before you make a judgement on them. This is the exact same way you felt with the multiplayer in Bioshock 2. You played it for an hour or two and said it was bad, but played it more and you liked it in the end. "
    Thanks for telling me that. I didn't figure that out from the people calling me an idiot.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61  Edited By Cube
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " You see Nate, you need to play games for a little bit before you make a judgement on them. This is the exact same way you felt with the multiplayer in Bioshock 2. You played it for an hour or two and said it was bad, but played it more and you liked it in the end. "
    Thanks for telling me that. I didn't figure that out from the people calling me an idiot. "
    You're an idiot.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By natetodamax
    @Cube said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    Thanks for telling me that. I didn't figure that out from the people calling me an idiot. "
    You're an idiot. "
    Thanks!
    MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#63  Edited By MjHealy
    @natetodamax said:

" @MjHealy said:

" Just please tell me the combat in AC2 is way better than the first game's combat because my God did that game piss me off. "
    The combat consists of you holding right trigger (on 360) and pressing the counter button when they attack. "
    Then I won't be buying AC2 any time soon.
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64  Edited By Cube
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Cube said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    You're an idiot. "
    Thanks! "
    Anytime. 
    JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By JDDrewes
    @JJWeatherman:  
    @Aaox:  
    Yea, but you're not an assassin. you're a totally badass dude, sure. you're a warrior, yea. but you're definitely not an assassin. And besides some scripted events, there's no real reason to even use stealth
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By Milkman
    @natetodamax said:
    Trouble in paradise, you two?
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By frankxiv

it's better than the first by a huge stretch, even in those early hours where you're not even an assassin yet, just a dude.

i guess if you've never played the first you don't really have any kind of frame of reference like that though, so i can see where you're coming from.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By EpicSteve

I agree with you. I was bored as hell and just kept getting pissed off with the platforming mechanics.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By spankingaddict
    @Gabriel said:
    " It's a great game, those first two hours set up the characters and I thought were quite well done.  "
    this
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By Djeffers03

yeah, I didn't like the game either. I much preferred the first one. 

wackojackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By wackojackman

I hated Assassins Creed 2, do not know why i just had the feeling it lost some of the originality of the first, though i guess its because its a sequel, the story of the second was better than the first but i preferred  the way the first one played... it was my worst game of 2009 though... :S i honestly just didn't enjoy playing it at all...

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By Fallen189
    @Cube said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    You're an idiot. "

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.