Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

Nuts & Bolts takes the platformer series in a wild new direction, as Banjo and Kazooie return to battle Gruntilda using unique, player-customized vehicles.

The Long Road To ShowdownTown.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

I'm really picky about the games I buy. That's what happens when you have limited cash. So I try to make an educated decision about every purchase - which is why I read reviews and talk to random creepy guys on the internet.

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS PERSON AND WHY DOES SHE HATE ME?!?
    Some games are fairly straightforward in their position in my enjoyment spectrum. I know I can trust Grand Theft Auto or Call Of Duty games (the Infinity Ward ones at least...) and Gears Of War. Games like L4D are slightly more complicated in terms of considering DLC and developer support - but the gameplay and consequent enjoyment is not the issue in this case, its the value to which it has been allocated. Then there are some games which I just dismiss as shallow (Saints Row 2) or as just plain unappealing (Fallout 3).

Banjo: Nuts and Bolts caused me problems. I played the demo. Several times. Whilst I enjoyed the scope, design and mechanics of the game I couldn't decide whether I was prepared to return to the simple theme of item collection and overall lack of dismemberment. I wanted a new title after the frustratingly underwhelming and unsatisfying affair I had with Prince Of Persia. I wanted something laid back, something which didn't require me to consistently fight for my life and perform lobotomy after tiresome lobotomy. Even zombie genociders need a break sometime...

As a Banjo newbie, I didn't know what to expect. The Banjo demo seemed to play to the strengths of it's existing fanbase to the extent I felt a little excluded ("What do you mean I CAN CLIMB UP THIS LAMP POST?!? Why did nobody tell me that?!"). However the charms of the game were obvious.  I wanted to know what else I could expect from the game as a whole.

So I turned to the community I have learned to trust and respect. They were useless, so instead I came back to Giantbomb.

I looked through the Giantbomb GOTY list. Banjo was on it. I listened attentively to the Bombcast, and Brad's praise was convincing and helpful. But I wanted a second opinion. So, I hopped onto Xbox Live and posed the question:

What should I get next, Banjo or Burnout Paradise?

(And secondly: If I get banjo, can I build a helicopter?)

Tanuki

Dr Tan, easily excitable, was really enthusiastic about Banjo - especially when I mentioned helicopters - to the extent he got really flustered and started using the word "like" several times in every sentence.
    "Both those games are, like, great, but if you want, like, something fresh then you should get Banjo. Burnout is a lot of fun but it is, like, nowhere near as innovative as Banjo. Everything you can, like, do in Burnout you will have done, like, somewhere before - what makes Burnout, like, great is the level of, like, quality."
    Convincing enough for me to yet again dismiss a purchase of Burnout Paradise in favour of an alternative. I'm not too bummed I have played most of it already...

Banjo Copter
    Banjo Copter

Oni

A refreshing approach of bypassing the question completely and offering me useful advice for when I had inevitably purchased the game.
    "The first thing you have to do is run around Shodown Town collecting as many crates as possible to increase your potential vehicle creations. Then you can build all kinds of crazy shit, helicopters, trucks, giant robots - you name it! Now stop asking stupid questions, lets play street fighter 2."

Mattbodega

Super enthusiastic, super buzzing, super crazy; Talked at length about why Banjo was one of the greatest games ever made and then spent a large chunk of time micro-analysing the core differences between Banjo and Metal Gear Solid 4. Predictable yet entertaining.

I talked it through with some kids on the IRC and wherever I went I received nothing but smiles and goodwill whenever the name Banjo was mentioned. I was sold.

I have ordered a copy of Banjo: Nuts and Bolts. It should arrive on Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone who offered information and advice. Its great to see people not only enthusiastic about playing games but also about wanting to see their friends have a good gaming experience as well.

And, if it sucks, I'm going to rape your families.

Thanks for reading!
    Love Sweep
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I'm really picky about the games I buy. That's what happens when you have limited cash. So I try to make an educated decision about every purchase - which is why I read reviews and talk to random creepy guys on the internet.

Some games are fairly straightforward in their position in my enjoyment spectrum. I know I can trust Grand Theft Auto or Call Of Duty games (the Infinity Ward ones at least...) and Gears Of War. Games like L4D are slightly more complicated in terms of considering DLC and developer support - but the gameplay and consequent enjoyment is not the issue in this case, its the value to which it has been allocated. Then there are some games which I just dismiss as shallow (Saints Row 2) or as just plain unappealing (Fallout 3).

Banjo: Nuts and Bolts caused me problems. I played the demo. Several times. Whilst I enjoyed the scope, design and mechanics of the game I couldn't decide whether I was prepared to return to the simple theme of item collection and overall lack of dismemberment. I wanted a new title after the frustratingly underwhelming and unsatisfying affair I had with Prince Of Persia. I wanted something laid back, something which didn't require me to consistently fight for my life and perform lobotomy after tiresome lobotomy. Even zombie genociders need a break sometime...

As a Banjo newbie, I didn't know what to expect. The Banjo demo seemed to play to the strengths of it's existing fanbase to the extent I felt a little excluded ("What do you mean I CAN CLIMB UP THIS LAMP POST?!? Why did nobody tell me that?!"). However the charms of the game were obvious.  I wanted to know what else I could expect from the game as a whole.

So I turned to the community I have learned to trust and respect. They were useless, so instead I came back to Giantbomb.

I looked through the Giantbomb GOTY list. Banjo was on it. I listened attentively to the Bombcast, and Brad's praise was convincing and helpful. But I wanted a second opinion. So, I hopped onto Xbox Live and posed the question:

What should I get next, Banjo or Burnout Paradise?

(And secondly: If I get banjo, can I build a helicopter?)

Tanuki

Dr Tan, easily excitable, was really enthusiastic about Banjo - especially when I mentioned helicopters - to the extent he got really flustered and started using the word "like" several times in every sentence.
    "Both those games are, like, great, but if you want, like, something fresh then you should get Banjo. Burnout is a lot of fun but it is, like, nowhere near as innovative as Banjo. Everything you can, like, do in Burnout you will have done, like, somewhere before - what makes Burnout, like, great is the level of, like, quality."
    Convincing enough for me to yet again dismiss a purchase of Burnout Paradise in favour of an alternative. I'm not too bummed I have played most of it already...

Banjo Copter
    Banjo Copter

Oni

A refreshing approach of bypassing the question completely and offering me useful advice for when I had inevitably purchased the game.
    "The first thing you have to do is run around Shodown Town collecting as many crates as possible to increase your potential vehicle creations. Then you can build all kinds of crazy shit, helicopters, trucks, giant robots - you name it! Now stop asking stupid questions, lets play street fighter 2."

Mattbodega

Super enthusiastic, super buzzing, super crazy; Talked at length about why Banjo was one of the greatest games ever made and then spent a large chunk of time micro-analysing the core differences between Banjo and Metal Gear Solid 4. Predictable yet entertaining.

I talked it through with some kids on the IRC and wherever I went I received nothing but smiles and goodwill whenever the name Banjo was mentioned. I was sold.

I have ordered a copy of Banjo: Nuts and Bolts. It should arrive on Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone who offered information and advice. Its great to see people not only enthusiastic about playing games but also about wanting to see their friends have a good gaming experience as well.

And, if it sucks, I'm going to rape your families.

Thanks for reading!
    Love Sweep
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

wow if you dont like Banjo nuts and bolts i suggest you bring lube you might have to rape alot of families 

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Naughton

I hope you enjoy it, it's great. Definitely deserves to be on the GOTY list.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jayge_

How about this: if you think it sucks, I'll rape YOUR family?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Jayge, my family is big and your penis is small. Good luck to you...

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Systech
    Jayge said:
    "How about this: if you think it sucks, I'll rape YOUR family?"
    That sounds about right.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By keyhunter

Quite simply, if you don't enjoy Nuts n' Bolts: You are a heartless fiend.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8  Edited By JamesF

I've been meaning to get this game..

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Oni

THANKS A LOT SWEEP THANKS FOR MAKING ME FEEL EVEN GUILTIER THAT I ONLY SPENT 2 OR 3 HOURS PLAYING BANJO YET GOD

<3

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Naughton

I wish you could play through the game as fatass Banjo, though.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By granderojo

I always get burned by little kids when I play this, they make me feel like I have no soul for playing it.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, I hope you enjoy it.  Just to be safe, I have cautioned all of my family that they should not talk or interact with any blogging burger with a face. Just to be safe.

Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Ryu

I was gonna comment about the blog but...

"Jayge, my family is big and your penis is small. Good luck to you..."  LMAO
    Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Jensonb

That's our MattBodega...

MattBodega: Overanalysing everything since 1989

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

I'm still trying to finish Dead Space before I dive deep into Banjo Kazooie. I also have Fable 2 to play... Why did I do this to myself? Too many games, I'm so grateful, but WHY??????

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

You can't rape the willing?

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By albedos_shadow

That is the best choice you will make all year.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18  Edited By granderojo
    albedos_shadow said:
    "That is the best choice you will make all year."
    I can agree with this one, this game could had easily made me pay the full 60$'s, but on a happier note, I stopped bumming my buddies copy and bought my own tonight.

I bought the last copy, which is a good sign the game is selling well.  I hope it does, we need more games like Banjo.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By End_Boss

'CAUSE ITS THE FINAL SHOWDOWN!

... No, I did not read the blog or any of the comments. I just wanted to say that.
    =D

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Bass

Banjo Nuts 'n Bolts is a damn fine game. I haven't finished yet, but it is an incredibly rewarding experience.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RenegadeSaint

I'd like to recommend the game to you, but at the same time I don't have to worry about the raping.  So... yeah.

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By Brandy

After all that research, I definitely hope you find at least some enjoyment in the game - I feel bad for all of the poor bastards out there if you don't! :-P

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rowr

WHY WASNT I CONSULTED?

I cant say for sure whether you will like it or not, but i can tell you after i played it for a few hours i was pretty unsure.

Though apparently you need to get past the early bits and it gets better?

Also. IS THERE NO WAY TO RENT GAMES IN THE UK?

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By ThomasP

Rape by a hamburger. Quite messy.

I have not played this game and will not likely get the chance anytime soon. Hope you enjoy it; it seems many others do.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Oni

BUILD A ROFLCOPTER

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daz0608

You made the right choice...

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By brukaoru

Like, dude, you like, listen to other people's opinions, and that's like, a good thing. XD

Seriously though, I'll probably get the game eventually, seems like it could be very fun. :)

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By Tanuki

Oh good lord... were you recording me or something?  Gaaah.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.