Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Batman Arkham Asylum PC Sale

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By alistercat

As part of the new Games for Windows Live Marketplace web interface they are having a week of deals, with a new one every day much like Steam does all the time. Today is Tuesday 17th November and they have the GOTY edition of Batman Arkham asylum on sale for £5.99/$11.99/ €11.99. Today only, so if you don't already have Arkham asylum on PC go get it.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/dailydeal/day3/

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Awesome, already have it though. 

Still, I wish Fable 3 comes out on it. :(

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

Awesome buy for anybody who doesn't already own a version of the game and doesn't need everything to be on Steam.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

I've never heard of the site but looks legit.  My friend will probably be picking this up

HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HereAllDay

It's the new Games for Windows Live store that launched a few days ago, it's legit Microsoft shit. 

@AlwaysBeClothing
    said:

" I've never heard of the site but looks legit.  My friend will probably be picking this up "
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By BeachThunder

=/ I want to...but ugh...not sure if I want to sign up to GfWL. Also, from the demo it seems like an awkward port. SecuROM? Beh.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox
    @BeachThunder said:
    " =/ I want to...but ugh...not sure if I want to sign up to GfWL. Also, from the demo it seems like an awkward port. SecuROM? Beh. "
    The PC version is anything but an awkward port. This is one of the few ports that is the definitive version, thanks to great PhysX effects. Just play it with a controller because the game was clearly intended to be.

Also who doesn't already have a Microsoft passport and plays games on PC?
    Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Buy it if you don't already have it. Well worth $12. The GFW version plays smooth as butter with a 360 controller.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#9  Edited By alistercat
    @AlwaysBeClothing said:

" I've never heard of the site but looks legit.  My friend will probably be picking this up "

Definately legit. Microsoft's new games service. Well, relaucnhed not exactly new.

@BeachThunder said:

" =/ I want to...but ugh...not sure if I want to sign up to GfWL. Also, from the demo it seems like an awkward port. SecuROM? Beh. "

Do you not have a gamertag from the 360? All versions of Batman on PC use Games for Windows Live anyway. They kind of force it on you for DLC, achievements, patches and everything else. It's such a good game though. Also, as console game ports go it is pretty great. A very well optimized game, runs smoothly. Looks really great on PC. PhysX support is a nice touch for Nvidia GPUs. Xbox360 controller support is also a bonus.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

That's a very nice deal. I already have a 360 copy though.

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Mrskidders
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    The PC version is anything but an awkward port. This is one of the few ports that is the definitive version, thanks to great PhysX effects. Just play it with a controller because the game was clearly intended to be. Also who doesn't already have a Microsoft passport and plays games on PC? "

I fully endorse this statement.  I played it through on the PC on max settings and it looks and plays like a dream.  You do need a controller though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.