Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Batman Arkham Asylum - Playable Joker Ps3 Exclusive

SystemSpecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SystemSpecter

This was announced a few weeks back, but this time A Trailer! Displaying the various toys and tricks that the joker has up his sleeve.

From what is shown in this trailer, they did a pretty darn good job of portraying the joker as , well - the Joker, the original joker from the comic books, now I don't want to break anyone's thunder by saying this but - I did not really like Heath Ledgers Joker, sure he was very good at his joker, but not playfully psychotic enough for my taste - but that's a whole different story

Back on track , I'm very surprised by Mark Hamil's voice work for the joker, its very bone chilling but also playful at the same time, its very enjoyable.

Joker is pretty darn funny in this trailer, how he walks around, and has all his silly, and devious tricks, like the electric handshake, and the mini firetruck that explodes, all awesome stuff from the comic books, but its when he put on the wiggly glasses that really got me, it just nailed the character so well (the glasses have the same effect as batman's bat vision)

The joker will be playable in the challenge rooms

I'm very happy to see finally a good comic book video game were they pretty much chisel the characters down to a fine point.

Also - Exclusivity is a lie, companies enjoy their money to much to keep something exclusive so look in 6 months or so on the Xbox360 to be able to purchase the Joker, as a playable character

and finally I will stop talking, and here is the trailer for you to enjoy :

gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gman

I posted this in the news as well so that everyone will be sure to see it.  Looks pretty sweet.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Gizmo

The game looks excellent so far, it seems the Batman name may hold its own critically in film and on video-games.

Console exclusivity always sucks though.

spidapig64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By spidapig64
    @KillaWolf13 said:
    " well that ends my question to whether i should get it on ps3 or 360... "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.