Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Aug 25, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum puts you behind the cowl of the iconic Dark Knight, fighting his way through Arkham Asylum to stop the Joker from enacting a sinister plot that would have grave consequences for Gotham City.

Should I buy or rent?

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

Okay, so I'm a little late on finally getting around to playing this game but, I was wanting to know should I buy or rent the game?  I know it's a fantastic game and all but, is it worth my spending 50-60 bucks on if I'm not going to get a whole lot of replay value out of it.  I hear that it is a relatively short game so I don't want to fork out all that money if I can pretty much experience everything it has to offer in 3-4 days of playing time.  Any help would be appreciated.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Probably rent, as it's pretty short. However, it's got a challenge mode that gives it some lasting appeal for when you just want to jump in and beat up some guys or stealth around, and tracking down all the Riddler trophies and such will probably take a while, so it could go either way. 

Personally, I rented it, but it's good enough that I'll want in my collection in a couple years when it will be super cheap on Amazon or whatever.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " Probably rent, as it's pretty short. However, it's got a challenge mode that gives it some lasting appeal for when you just want to jump in and beat up some guys or stealth around, and tracking down all the Riddler trophies and such will probably take a while, so it could go either way.   Personally, I rented it, but it's good enough that I'll want in my collection in a couple years when it will be super cheap on Amazon or whatever. "
    This is the best answer you'll get. I am a big Batman fan (comics and all) and I can tell you that I enjoyed this game very much but I don't see myself replaying it. btw, I rented it. 
    iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

Okay well thanks.  I think I'm just going to rent it as well.  When the price drops I think I'll eventually pick it up.  Thanks again.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I put in my vote for rent as well. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved that game, I thought it was brilliant, but it's not a game you need to spend a long period of time with.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By psmgamer

Its a short game probably wait for the price to drop

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By captain_clayman

buy after the price drops. 

EDIT:  I checked, it's 30 bucks, just fucking get it!  the story is short but playing the challenge rooms and getting the riddler trophies will keep you playing and you might want to replay it one day, who knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.