Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Download restarted on Steam?

dobedobedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else having issues with the download restarting from 0% on Steam?

I started downloading the game last night and continued the download when I returned from work. The download finished and took about another hour or so. As soon as it finished, it changed to "update required." when I clicked on the button to update, it started downloading all 33.8GB again from 0%!

I found a "fix" on the steam forums where you move all the files from the "downloading" folder to the "Batman Arkham Knight" folder but that didn't help.

ESteph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ESteph

Yeah steam (I guess?) pushed a patch to fix the "Verify files forces re-download" bug. If you were downloading at the time you have to start with a clean slate. Sadly I was on about 80% of that verify DL so this makes 3 times in 24 hours. Hurrah!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By conmulligan

@dobedobedo: The same thing just happened to me at 94%. I was able to resume by following the instructions here, but I also had to pause the download and restart Steam before it would pick up where it left off. Did you make sure to delete any files containing the string "208650" after copying over to the "Batman Arkham Knight" directory?

dobedobedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dobedobedo

@conmulligan: Thanks. I tried it again and I was able to recover 18gb only :T but it's better than starting from zero and the download is going much faster.

Jabbawocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

Goddamn same thing happened to me and I was getting up to 75%. Wish I had seen the fix before getting pissed off and just restarting the whole thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.