Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

24/7 metro servers

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

I just got the game a few days ago and so far it seems there are more 24/7 metro servers that end up with the US beating the shit out of the RU.  I just got out of one where my first spawn was hit by a mortar a second after I ressed.  The kill cams just show 7 snipers crammed into a small room killing anyone that tries to move.

How is that fun?

Avatar image for deactivated-66361f5b4a584
    deactivated-66361f5b4a584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why are you playing metro?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Metro is the map DICE designed to satisfy the people who buy video games so they can watch their stats climb on a webpage. Just like they always throw in an overpowered weapon (they switch it when it gets criticized) to satisfy the people who camp and 1-shot-kill (the latest is the M26 dart). 

If you're playing the game for competitiveness or fun, do not play metro.

Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Heylook

@AhmadMetallic said:

Metro is the map DICE designed to satisfy the people who buy video games so they can watch their stats climb on a webpage. Just like they always throw in an overpowered weapon (they switch it when it gets criticized) to satisfy the people who camp and 1-shot-kill (the latest is the M26 dart). If you're playing the game for competitiveness or fun, do not play metro.

This is well put.

Metro is a stat whoring / XP grinding map.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Marz

yeah if you just want to grind max level ASAP play on metro and just toss medpacks or ammo.     otherwise if you want to have fun with the game, just play on a server with a different rotation.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

Every Metro game I've gotten into with 1000+ tickets has ended with the US spawntrapping the RU team. Not sure if it's just bad luck or some kind of hidden advantage that the US has.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Cataphract1014 said:

I just got the game a few days ago and so far it seems there are more 24/7 metro servers that end up with the US beating the shit out of the RU. I just got out of one where my first spawn was hit by a mortar a second after I ressed. The kill cams just show 7 snipers crammed into a small room killing anyone that tries to move. How is that fun?

I pretty much made this topic already, although I addressed the cause, not the effect. If a prison warden decides to release every inmate in his prison, you don't blame the criminals for what they do once they're free. This is pretty much the lowest I've ever seen EA sink, and if they don't fix this it will be the last time I ever buy a multiplayer EA game.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/battlefield-3/3854/ea-has-killed-nearly-every-official-360ps3-server/546496/

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By BisonHero

@Voxel said:

Every Metro game I've gotten into with 1000+ tickets has ended with the US spawntrapping the RU team. Not sure if it's just bad luck or some kind of hidden advantage that the US has.

I think this is the reason:

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @SpaceInsomniac said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

I just got the game a few days ago and so far it seems there are more 24/7 metro servers that end up with the US beating the shit out of the RU. I just got out of one where my first spawn was hit by a mortar a second after I ressed. The kill cams just show 7 snipers crammed into a small room killing anyone that tries to move. How is that fun?

I pretty much made this topic already, although I addressed the cause, not the effect. If a prison warden decides to release every inmate in his prison, you don't blame the criminals for what they do once they're free. This is pretty much the lowest I've ever seen EA sink, and if they don't fix this it will be the last time I ever buy a multiplayer EA game.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/battlefield-3/3854/ea-has-killed-nearly-every-official-360ps3-server/546496/

What the fuck are you even talking about?
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Cataphract1014 said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Cataphract1014 said:

What the fuck are you even talking about?

You're complaining about the fact that people run metro 24/7 servers, and perhaps implying that it's hard to find a better variety of games. This is because EA removed nearly every official server, and it can now be quite difficult to find servers that aren't running a bunch of crap games with awful settings.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @SpaceInsomniac: I don't know if you've ever played any other game with dedicated servers, but their are always 24/7 single map servers.   It has nothing to do with taking down official servers or whatever they did.

I am on PC anyway.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Cataphract1014 said:

@SpaceInsomniac: I don't know if you've ever played any other game with dedicated servers, but their are always 24/7 single map servers. It has nothing to do with taking down official servers or whatever they did. I am on PC anyway.

I wasn't aware that you were talking about the PC version, and I withdraw my comment about making a similar thread to this one. However, the fact that the console version is currently experiencing the same problem has everything to do with taking away the official servers.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By OldManLight

i play metro when i'm X number of kills from unlocking attachments with a weapon and i feel like cheezing the system by camping the stairs/escalators at B to get what i want. not a proper battlefield map.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By big_jon

@Heylook said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Metro is the map DICE designed to satisfy the people who buy video games so they can watch their stats climb on a webpage. Just like they always throw in an overpowered weapon (they switch it when it gets criticized) to satisfy the people who camp and 1-shot-kill (the latest is the M26 dart). If you're playing the game for competitiveness or fun, do not play metro.

This is well put.

Metro is a stat whoring / XP grinding map.

Yeah I know right, fuck those people for liking a map!

I like Metro, it can be pretty fun.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jackel2072

i wouldn't say the game is flooded with Metro servers, i have zero problems finding a none metro server. are you using your filters?

Also i have no problem using Metro for grinding out assignments/guns

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Metro is a terrible map.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By big_jon

@Irvandus: Nope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@big_jon: Maybe

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By big_jon

@Irvandus: I used to think it was bad, but it really grew on me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.