Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Are platoons worthless when it comes to the console versions?

Grimey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grimey

I'm playing BF3 on the 360. I'm not new to the game, but I haven't joined a platoon yet either. Recently I've been wanting to join a platoon because I've been having shitty luck with randoms on Xbox Live not playing as a team. It hasn't come to my attention before, but there seems to be no implementation of platoons within the BF3 UI (at least for the 360). This leads me to believe that the platoon "system" is designed strictly for the PC version. Am I missing something?

I believe

I'm afraid that I'm chasing my tail with this one.

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Raineko

Platoons are worthless no matter what platform you are on. I mean you cannot make events, you cannot make clanwars and battlelog doesn't even tell you what recently happened in the platoon so you have to check it all the time.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bwmcmaste

@Raineko said:

Platoons are worthless no matter what platform you are on. I mean you cannot make events, you cannot make clanwars and battlelog doesn't even tell you what recently happened in the platoon so you have to check it all the time.

I agree with the above. As a superlative BF3 player (on the PS3) I wear my Giant Bomb Squad tag with pride, but I only play online with people on my friend list.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By damnboyadvance
    @bwmcmaste said:

@Raineko said:

I agree with the above. As a superlative BF3 player (on the PS3) I wear my Giant Bomb Squad tag with pride, but I only play online with people on my friend list.

I agree with the above and the above that is above the above. It seems like one of those community features that doesn't do anything particularly useful. It's not the first time EA/DICE has built a useless community feature.
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Funkydupe

Its utterly useless. Utterly. No uniforms or nothin'.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Seppli

Platoons are painfully underused and useless indeed. It doesn't even act like a friendslist, as in easily joining players on the platoon list. And somehow the whole friendslist deal worked much better consoles with limited options regarding game settings. When I join some dude on my friendslist, I usually dislike what's going on rules- and settings-wise and leave.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.