Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield 3 freezes PC.

doobish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doobish

So I had a problem where BF3 would freeze my whole computer after 5-30 minutes of play. I read in a forum that my realtek onboard sound card is what was causing the issue (the problem is very common). So I disabled integrated realtek audio then I started playing and it worked for 2 hours and then it froze agiain... I'm really confused, it made it take longer to freeze but... It makes no sense. I've got a gigabyte GTX 560 ti, i3 550, 4gb 1333mhz ddr3 ram, and windows 7 ultimate. I feel really ripped off it's not right for me to pay $60 for a game and then it doesn't work, especially from such a big company like DICE. Any ideas?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Seppli

My technical problems went away with a simple RAM upgrade from 4 GB to 8 GB. Not a solution for everybody, but 4 GB is cutting it awfully close.

BF3 is a bleeding edge product, that's the risk of playing such a game. These things tend to trip up system stability quickly. In the end, it's down to you making it work properly. Fitting in-game settings and properly maintain your computer. You might have a dust and overheat problem. Your RAM might be damaged. Bad drivers. God knows what else could be wrong. Many have no problems at all, others have nothing but problems. I'm down to pretty much having no technical issues anymore, from having had a lot at the beginning.

You can always try and get your money back, if that tickles your fancy.

doobish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By doobish

I fixed it. Anyone else who has this problem (GTX 560 ti only) it's because the Gigabyte and some other GTX 560 tis come overclocked to core clock 900Mhz and shader clock 1800Mhz, so if you download MSI afterburner (http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm) and underclock to the factory settings (core clock = 822Mhz and shader clock = 1644) it works. Just played 10 hours strait. Battlefield 3 is sooo much fun :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.