Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Battlefield Trailer on Durring Family Guy

betabetamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By betabetamax

Holy Cow, this game comes out in Q4.  Thats some balsy marketing.  I guess thats how you start working on taking down Call of Duty.  
    Too Soon?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Front of youtube aswell. Seems this will be the most marketed game of all time

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Pie said:
    " Front of youtube aswell. Seems this will be the most marketed game of all time "
    you're sexy, pie
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie
    @Ahmad_Metallic: I smeared poo all over it but it still doesn't work like advertised....
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Pie said:
    " Front of youtube aswell. Seems this will be the most marketed game of all time "
    you're sexy, pie "
    mm, mmmm i could eat you up
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By DanielJW

My city's name is now followed by "Presented by Battlefield 3". I feel like they're going overboard. 

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By awesomeusername
    @BetaMax: I thought I was the only one who saw that!? Not really, but you know what I mean. My brother said he anted that and I said "Why are they giving this when it should be coming out in November?". Now I remember why. They're marketing the shit out of this game.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By big_jon

It's pretty funny to me that EA is still stupid enough to think that they can beat Call of Duty's sales.

Sorry dudes it is not going to happen, if Call of Duty sells more than Halo, it will be awhile before it is dethroned.

betabetamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By betabetamax
    @big_jon: halo is on one console, COD will always out sell it.  I think this game will convert a lot of COD fans.  
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By big_jon
    @BetaMax said:
    " @big_jon: halo is on one console, COD will always out sell it.  I think this game will convert a lot of COD fans.   "
    And it out sells on the 360 too, my point is Halo was the FPS to beat and no this will not convert that many Call of Duty fans.

Call of Duty is easy to access and you are always being rewarded, that's why it's popular, BF3 is too tactical to beat that.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Skytylz
    @big_jon said:
    " @BetaMax said:
    " @big_jon: halo is on one console, COD will always out sell it.  I think this game will convert a lot of COD fans.   "
    And it out sells on the 360 too, my point is Halo was the FPS to beat and no this will not convert that many Call of Duty fans.Call of Duty is easy to access and you are always being rewarded, that's why it's popular, BF3 is too tactical to beat that. "
    I hope you're right.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By big_jon
    @Skytylz said:
    " @big_jon said:
    " @BetaMax said:
    And it out sells on the 360 too, my point is Halo was the FPS to beat and no this will not convert that many Call of Duty fans.Call of Duty is easy to access and you are always being rewarded, that's why it's popular, BF3 is too tactical to beat that. "
    I hope you're right. "
    Well I mean BC 2 was, so take from that what you will.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Skytylz said:
    " @big_jon said:
    " @BetaMax said:
    I hope you're right. "
    i hope so too, though its gonna fuck up DICE and EA if they blow money out the ass like that and not get the results they want

so im torn between wishing for my all-time-favorite-game-to-be having depth and tactics as i like it, and between it flopping due to being that complex and thus hurting DICE, my 2nd all time favorite developer..
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skytylz
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    " @big_jon said:
    " @BetaMax said:
    I hope you're right. "
    i hope so too, though its gonna fuck up DICE and EA if they blow money out the ass like that and not get the results they want

so im torn between wishing for my all-time-favorite-game-to-be having depth and tactics as i like it, and between it flopping due to being that complex and thus hurting DICE, my 2nd all time favorite developer..
    "
    I think it will do fine either way, I just watched the new 12 min. trailer finally and the jets and stuff at the end gave me hope.  The sound they play with the logo gets me so fucking pumped though!  I'm probably gonna crossfire for this so I can maybe max it out at 1080p.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By big_jon
    @Skytylz said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    " @big_jon said:
    " @BetaMax said:
    I hope you're right. "

"
    I think it will do fine either way, I just watched the new 12 min. trailer finally and the jets and stuff at the end gave me hope.  The sound they play with the logo gets me so fucking pumped though!  I'm probably gonna crossfire for this so I can maybe max it out at 1080p. "
    I didn't mean to imply that it wouldn't sell well but Call of Duty sells MASSIVE amounts.
    jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By jacksmedulla
    @big_jon:  You are assuming that Battlefield 3 is going to be tactical; based off of the recent gameplay trailer, the campaign will be anything but that. Also, Homefront's recent success proves that even a mediocre modern day military shooter can sell well with a large enough marketing campaign, and Battlefield will, in all likelihood, be an amazing game with an obviously much larger marketing campaign.  Couple that with the fact that Call of Duty has begun to show its age, and EA has a strong chance of knocking Call of Duty off of its throne. Don't get me wrong; I am also skeptical. However, I think it it very naive to think Battlefield 3 has no chance of Beheading the beast that is Call of Duty.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @big_jon said:

" @Skytylz said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    " @big_jon said:
    " @BetaMax said:
    I hope you're right. "
    "
    I think it will do fine either way, I just watched the new 12 min. trailer finally and the jets and stuff at the end gave me hope.  The sound they play with the logo gets me so fucking pumped though!  I'm probably gonna crossfire for this so I can maybe max it out at 1080p. "
    I didn't mean to imply that it wouldn't sell well but Call of Duty sells MASSIVE amounts. "
    I don't think BF3 will outsell CoD either, but it will definitely shift a lot of its userbase back to the Battlefield franchise. I played a lot of Call of Duty because there wasn't much of a good competitor in this age of FPS gaming. When Bad Company 2 came, I went off to play that instead but it was still not grand enough to offer the true BF feel to me. Medal of Honor sold rather well in the end and that was a rather poor game compared to the 12 minute snippet we've seen of BF3. I do, on the other hand, firmly believe that BF3 will be a game that guides a lot of players back to the PC and that whatever next CoD game that gets released will see a drop in sales. Or at least I think it should, because nothing pushes a developer to throw out the old and do something new like competition. I mean even if EA and DICE have the vision to crush Call of Duty, which they most likely won't, they will still put so much heart and work into BF3 that it will become one of the biggest titles they've launched this side of the year 2000. "
    aight man im not doubting DICE or BF3 anymore after reading that..

that was *beautiful* man! 

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @PhatSeeJay said:

" @big_jon said:

" @Skytylz said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    " @big_jon said:
    " @BetaMax said:
    I hope you're right. "
    "
    I didn't mean to imply that it wouldn't sell well but Call of Duty sells MASSIVE amounts. "
    I don't think BF3 will outsell CoD either, but it will definitely shift a lot of its userbase back to the Battlefield franchise. I played a lot of Call of Duty because there wasn't much of a good competitor in this age of FPS gaming. When Bad Company 2 came, I went off to play that instead but it was still not grand enough to offer the true BF feel to me. Medal of Honor sold rather well in the end and that was a rather poor game compared to the 12 minute snippet we've seen of BF3. I do, on the other hand, firmly believe that BF3 will be a game that guides a lot of players back to the PC and that whatever next CoD game that gets released will see a drop in sales. Or at least I think it should, because nothing pushes a developer to throw out the old and do something new like competition. I mean even if EA and DICE have the vision to crush Call of Duty, which they most likely won't, they will still put so much heart and work into BF3 that it will become one of the biggest titles they've launched this side of the year 2000. "
    aight man im not doubting DICE or BF3 anymore after reading that..

"
    Hm. Wonder where my post went. Oh well. Just wanted to emphasize that I my skepticism towards outselling CoD comes more from the astronomical sales that the CoD franchise have produced, not the quality of BF3.
    ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ape_dosmil

Yeah they showed the Battlefield 3 trailer in the UK too, during the FA Cup Semi Final on Saturday. Weird. I don't think I've ever seen a game advertised this long before coming out on the TV before.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By Jayross

I sure hope Call of Duty fans don't like Battlefield 3... because that would mean the game would have changed in a big way.

But yeah, these advertisements are crazy. They just need to show off the multiplayer ASAP. I am getting nervous...
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Jayross said:
    " I sure hope Call of Duty fans don't like Battlefield 3... because that would mean the game would have changed in a big way.
    "
    Hey man, i was thinking the same thing as you. making all those connections to COD, and BF3 being too mainstream/disappointing, etc...
    but then after reading some really thoughtful posts on these forums, i realized that A) im being ridiculous and B) im being a loud thoughtless cunt (not implying that you are :P)

I really think we need to calm down, quit worrying, believe in the FPS rebellion that is DICE and know that they know that without us true Battlefield PC-ers, they'll never be one of the devs on top.
    We really just need to relax, have faith in DICE, and know that Battlefield 3 is going to be an experience to remember. it's going to be a fabulous and mindblowing journey, bro (:
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By Jayross
    @Ahmad_Metallic
    @Jayross said:
    " I sure hope Call of Duty fans don't like Battlefield 3... because that would mean the game would have changed in a big way.
    "
    Hey man, i was thinking the same thing as you. making all those connections to COD, and BF3 being too mainstream/disappointing, etc...
    but then after reading some really thoughtful posts on these forums, i realized that A) im being ridiculous and B) im being a loud thoughtless cunt (not implying that you are :P)

I really think we need to calm down, quit worrying, believe in the FPS rebellion that is DICE and know that they know that without us true Battlefield PC-ers, they'll never be one of the devs on top.
    We really just need to relax, have faith in DICE, and know that Battlefield 3 is going to be an experience to remember. it's going to be a fabulous and mindblowing journey, bro (:
    K bro, 420 all the way.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Jayross:  didnt mean to come off as a hippie >_>
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By captain_clayman
    @Jayross said:

But yeah, these advertisements are crazy. They just need to show off the multiplayer ASAP. I am getting nervous...
    "
    yeah, and i just kinda don't want cod douches playing battlefield with me >.>
    Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@captain_clayman:

The lack of flashy numbers whenever one shoots a fella will bore them, and eventually scare them off. I'm fairly sure there are quite a few good fellas playing CoD as well though, whom would be more than happy to join me squad for some proper team-based combat, in contrast to the twitchy reaction shooting they're used to. :>

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.