Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

BF3 Sound Glitch? [PS3]

RivenD3ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RivenD3ll

Yep, I play on console, throw stones at me. My question is, specifically on the PS3, is in regards to the sound. While playing, and this occurs often, there are sudden outages of sound, furthermore everything goes silent, with the exception of a couple shots from my gun to make sure I haven't gone deaf. I don't know if my copy is fucked up, or it's just on the PS3, or spread across all platforms, but it's becoming increasingly irritating.

It lasts for 2-4 minutes, and only happens online. While the sound in general is astounding, it doesn't compensate for this pain in the ass bug. Does this happen to anyone else, and if so does DICE plan to fix it? Or is my copy of BF3 just fudcked up?

Thanks in advance!

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By two_socks

Happens to me as well, no fix that I know of. It's intermittent and mine usually only lasts a few seconds. Sometimes firing off a few shots fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Kinda blows.

Volcano_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Volcano_Ice

I have the PS3 version and I also had this sound glitch happen online too. It only happens for around 10-15 seconds, unlike the 2-4 minutes your claiming, which is really ridiculous. I don't think they can or will ever fix it.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Nadafinga

Happens to me too.

DICE knows about the issue, no word on a fix yet.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrKlorox

Really? ALL sound is gone? On PC I experience a bug where I can no longer hear gunfire and stuff, but other environmental sounds are there like my footsteps reverberating through the environment. Yeah it doesn't last long, but it sucks that the highest priority sounds you want to hear are the ones that stop working. I don't care if I can hear myself rustling through a bush if I can't hear the enemy shots impacting the wall directly next to me as they narrowly miss my head.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#6  Edited By MightyDuck

Good to know it's not just me.

I had experienced this when I was playing BF3 earlier in the week as well.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

It happens to me as well on the 360.

tylerfernando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tylerfernando

I get this, although it occurs rarely. But when i do get it it lasts the restof the match, I think it may be something up with the server although im not sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.