Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Operation Metro

Kaj235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kaj235

This is the Battlefield 3 map Operation Metro.

I think it is a nice representation of this map, yet I still love this game!

What do you guys think needs to be done to this level if anything?

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jjnen

More tanks.

Seriously though, the map is pretty perfect as it is.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mmmslash

I think this is kind of a miserable Battlefield map. I feel like I am playing a staged, sectioned off Call of Duty map, and that bums me the hell out.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mosdl

@Mmmslash said:

I think this is kind of a miserable Battlefield map. I feel like I am playing a staged, sectioned off Call of Duty map, and that bums me the hell out.

And BC2 didn't have any infantry only maps? A lot of this anger is becasue we've played this map forever now, no longer fresh.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hoossy

@Mmmslash said:

That's why I prefer conquest over rush.... more to do... more ways to experiment

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UnrealDP

It's a great map minus the vehicles, i still love it though.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mmmslash

@mosdl: I wasn't in the Alpha, so I started with the Beta.

Also, are there only BC2 Infantry Only maps? I know some servers are Infantry Only, but doesn't every map in BC2 have vehicles naturally?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

This map needs to be put on a flash drive, pissed on and burnt and never spoken of again

It's not one of the BF3 maps, I think so and so do you. RIGHT?

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShaneDev

That first stage of it is my least favorite part. Really bad compared to the later stages of it.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cloudenvy

@AhmadMetallic: Nope, I think that map has its place. :3

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Bollard

@Mmmslash said:

Also, are there only BC2 Infantry Only maps? I know some servers are Infantry Only, but doesn't every map in BC2 have vehicles naturally?

To be fair, Op Metro used to have an APC. But also, in the Alpha, the second MCOM was in the bandstand thing, instead of the "clusterfuck zone" as described by that picture. That was SO FUCKED UP. IMBA as hell, you spawned in the 2nd MCOM >.>

Quite frankly I'm way more happy with the map now, shame about losing the vehicle though.

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By countinhallways

I really enjoy the parts in the actual Metro. The first section though... not a big fan. But hey, early days. Still loving the beta as a whole.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Enigma777

More like Operation Meh-tro, amirite? 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Jimbo

Not interested in more Bad Company, which is what this beta is. It's not even a good example of a BC map either.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xdaknightx69

fuck i just realized i didnt see any ATV's on conquest . i want them ATV's!!!

also roflmfao on the pic esp " people who think they can snipe "

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By david3cm

This map would be 100 times better if there was clipping on the bushes, in my opinion at least. The first stage of this map I find to be really annoying, but I really enjoy the rest of it, the subway and city portion. I think those parts look great and are really fun and frantic to play in. If the bushes were full of prickers and you took damage for crawling through them I would enjoy this map alot more.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Pie
    @Mmmslash said:

There are definitely some infantry only maps. Cold rush, nelson bay (it has one quad bike or whatever) and another snow map that I can't remember the name of right now
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mmmslash

@Pie: The three snow maps are Port Valdez (very vehicle heavy), Nelson Bay (only one quad bike, admittedly), and White Pass (APC of destruction). All of them have vehicles, from what I recall. Admittedly, I don't remember much Rush, since I always played Conquest.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pie
    @Mmmslash: Oh yeah, forgot about that APC... 
    Well, I think Nelson bay still counts anyway. That thing never gets used. 
    I played rush nearly exclusively because conquest always felt too big and barren, the player count was too small I think (on consoles I'm talking about) and seeing how Op Metro is a rush map I think Cold rush still counts
    mr_ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mr_ace

i'm a big fan of dumbshit island

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mmmslash

@Pie: I just don't like the nature of the map. The first section is kind of whatever, I can take it or leave it, but the subway section is tight spaces and narrow corridors everywhere. It's just not very fun for me. A support can tripod up and effectively close down an entire route alone, and where there are only two or three paths, this is a problem.

The third section, with the subway lobby, is also kind of whatever. I like it's more open and varied, but it still reminds me of a Call of Duty map. It's very reminiscent of Terminal, from MW2.

That said, the finally stage, the one outside with the apartments? I actually really like it. It's much more open than the earlier sections (barring that first bit), and I can almost feel the Battlefield in there.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By Sooperspy

The first part in the park is horrible, the rest is fun though.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who likes Rush (which seems to a minority) I think the map is pretty good. The only things I would change is the first part in the park and add another section into the big building (some landmark?) where the spawn on the final part.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Sackmanjones

I like it

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RE_Player1

@mr_ace said:

i'm a big fan of dumbshit island

Me too.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pie
    @Mmmslash said:

@Pie: I just don't like the nature of the map. The first section is kind of whatever, I can take it or leave it, but the subway section is tight spaces and narrow corridors everywhere. It's just not very fun for me. A support can tripod up and effectively close down an entire route alone, and where there are only two or three paths, this is a problem.

The third section, with the subway lobby, is also kind of whatever. I like it's more open and varied, but it still reminds me of a Call of Duty map. It's very reminiscent of Terminal, from MW2.

That said, the finally stage, the one outside with the apartments? I actually really like it. It's much more open than the earlier sections (barring that first bit), and I can almost feel the Battlefield in there.

Oh no dude. I completely agree with you. The first part is a confusing mess. I never get a feel for where the the "lines" are. It all feels really COD in the "they could be anywhere" sense, if I just want to go and support the main frontal push I don't know where that is whereas on BC2 rush maps I always know where the "front line" is and where I can sneak around to the back if I want to. The second area is very "wha ya dead" I do enjoy the the lobby area however because I know where the main push is (the front stairs and that wall) and where I can sneak round (the back stairs). The last area with the apartments is also pretty fun as you say. I love fighting out into the streets blowing up the sides of the buildings and then rushing the upper floors giving your team a good vantage point for the final push
    mr_ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mr_ace

my plan of attack at the start is to sprint up the right at the start, put down a spawn beacon, and slowly flank up round the back of the defenders spawn. works pretty well as long as your squard keep spawning to reinforce

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By mikemcn

They should fix the floating foliage.

WiqidBritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WiqidBritt

I wonder how people would take to this game and map if it was something other than Battlefield. By far the most common negative thing I've heard is "this map(game) sucks, it's not Battlefield"

to me, the gunplay feels great on its own, and having an infantry only map helps it stand out. Don't worry though, when the full game comes out you'll be able to waste plenty of time waiting for tanks and helis to respawn back at your base.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I think the first section is too large and open for infantry only combat. It would definitely benefit from light vehicles like trucks or ATV's. The second part is pretty good. At first I had difficulty pushing through the long narrow tunnels without getting shot dead, but eventually you figure out ways. I find running fast through the actual trains, kniving people as I go, works well. It's also a pretty good place to be in those tunnels when squad members spawn on you. The last part I've only played twice. Every other time the round ends in the gate-lobby-area.

My only real complaint with the game itself is I hate those weapon mounted flashlights. Way too blinding from way too far away. Everyone is always running around with them on and it just feels silly. Oh and not opening the "Caspian Border" map to all beta users is a huge mistake. That shit is console killing mayhem.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Helimocopter

Is it possible to turn off the laser pointer? i can't see any real use to it other than revealing my position

edit: laser pointer deal, nto RDS

Kaj235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kaj235

Yea I find the map very playable but this section frustrates the hell out of me. Usually me or my squad are the only ones playing the objective and every other person on the map sees open spaces and giggles with excitement as they pick the recon class and have a nice sit down doing squat for either side.

@Helimocopter: click customize in the spawn screen and click the attachments on the weapons to get rid of it

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By awe_stuck

first part has its downsides, but with vehicles added, who knows

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Blackout62

Everything about that image is completely true and yet I love everything about it.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Aishan

@Helimocopter said:

Is it possible to turn off the laser pointer? i can't see any real use to it other than revealing my position

edit: laser pointer deal, nto RDS

You can turn it on and off with up on the d-pad. Same with the tactical light.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.