Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

PC Gamers - What Do You Want To See In Battlefield 3?

• 100 results
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

I'm worried DICE is gonna fuck up again like they did with Medal of Honor, and try to console noob the game.  I own Bad Company 2, and it feels like a lite version of BF2...which isn't good or bad, it plays fan-fucking-tastic.  However, for BF3 I got higher standards...the very best to be honest.  I'm expecting BF3 to be the premier PC shooter once it hits retail and this is what I'm expecting: 

• 128v128 Battles (BF2 had 64v64...pump that shit up a notch)
    • Return of Fighter Jets (big one)
    • A Good Supply of Unlocks, do it like BC2 but more frequent and more items.
    • Auto-level a class, like if they stick with M16 or AK47, add that automatically to their Attacking Kit.  If they stick with Sniper, add points to their Sniper Kit...no need to "manually" change a kit.  Let users be a jack-of-all-trade, like on the real battlefield.
    • Massive Gun Customization, if I want a long barrel with 4x, extended mag, and no shoulder rest...let me do it.  Put in the system that MGS4 had...it was kick-ass.
    • Destruction 2.0, but make it better.  Don't let bitches be bitches by being snipers....blow those bitches up.
    • Thermal Vision...add it already.  
    • No Regen Health, that shit is fucking stupid.  Period.

That's my list.  I think the PC version should be made by itself, and I swear if we get what happened with BC2 and just a console port but "enhanced", I'm gonna choke a bitch.  Battlefield (proper) is not a console experience, and it should always be the premier focus of online.  x.x 

What do you lot want?
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By benjaebe

I would like to see the classes be more like they were in BF2, specifically the medic. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to give the medic the LMG, assault ammo packs and eliminate the support class entirely. Kinda miss Spec-Ops too.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Codeacious

128v128 is a little much. MAG tried that, and it just ended up feeling like a regular multiplayer shooter. I'd rather they focus on the things that make the shooting part of the game good, rather than the scale of it. 

Same sort of thing along the lines of unlocks. BF2 had a couple unlocks, but really focused on the core of the game and how to make it fun. 

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
    @benjaebe: You know...sounds crazy but I like how classes are in BC2 than BF2.  At least in their respected styles of play, if BF3 adds a Pilot Kit and/or Driver Kit...it would work out with the larger scale.  I don't want to be pidgin holed into a class, it's stupid and the real military isn't like that.  Sure you got foot-men, and proper medics but every solider knows how to heal light wounds and shit.   

OH BIG ONE, NO REGEN HEALTH, that shit is fucking stupid.  Period.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Jack268

Prone, jets, bigger maps. I'm fine with 64v64 tbh but yeah, 128v128 would be pretty exciting. Better destruction that didn't always look the same and put the support class in and give the medic an AR instead again. That would be it. 

I'd be fine with BC2 with bigger maps and jets too.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie
    @KaosAngel said:
    it's stupid and the real military isn't like that.  
    Stop saying that
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Gargantuan

I don't want too many players, the more players you have the less impact you make on the outcome of the game. I think BC2 works well.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By salad10203

I have no problem with huge battlefields, I remember playing Desert Combat and it was fun.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jimbo
    • Incentivise winning the round over everything else (XP for objectives and achieving commander/captain orders, not kills). 
    • Have servers with class caps.
    • Ditch the whack-a-mole bullshit from BF2 - only bases adjacent to one your team already holds should be capturable.
    • Stagger the vehicle and player respawn timers, so you don't end up with Tank 'Tard & Jet Jerk wasting the vehicles for the whole round.
    • TrackIR support.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Azteck
    @KaosAngel said:
    • 128v128 Battles (BF2 had 64v64...pump that shit up a notch)
    This sounds over the top, but god fucking dammit do I want it.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By EpicSteve

Adding more players doesn't make a game better. I also don't think customizing your guns to that compacity fits in with the franchise. They simply need to make a high-quality Battlefield game, I don't feel like anything specific is missing.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jimbo

Also, wasn't (vanilla) BF2 32 vs 32?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By Marz

Every weapon ever made from 1900-2010. 

oh and knives back to a selectable weapon instead of panic weapon with a push of the button.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Jimbo said:
    "Stagger the vehicle and player respawn timers, so you don't end up with Tank 'Tard & Jet Jerk wasting the vehicles for the whole round."
    They should add Driver/Pilot Kits to lock out the vehicles to only those who have the highest level, or at least have scored decent exp with it in some servers.  I alway hated seeing some guy go into a Jet and crash it in seconds, waste of it spawning and killed a ticket.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jimbo
    @Marz said:
    " Every weapon ever made from 1900-2010. "
    YES!  But have like 5 really good looking Premium Weapons and make the rest look like shit.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Jimbo said:
    " Also, wasn't (vanilla) BF2 32 vs 32? "
    Was it?  For some reason I keep thinking it was always 128 cap.
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By shiftymagician
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    " Also, wasn't (vanilla) BF2 32 vs 32? "
    Was it?  For some reason I keep thinking it was always 128 cap. "
    I believe it was 64 players max with 32 on each side.  Correct me if I'm wrong someone.  Eitherway, pushing it up to 128 cap would still be fine with me though as long as it isn't a crummy 16 cap or similar.

Also seconding no regenerating health, as this is supposed to be a hard military game.  If they do add regenerating health, it already messes up the whole point to Battlefield.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like them to use Destruction 2.0, but most importantly not make the PC version a port of the console versions. The core Battlefield series is a PC franchise, consolizing it will just kill it.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jack268
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " I would like them to use Destruction 2.0, but most importantly not make the PC version a port of the console versions. The core Battlefield series is a PC franchise, consolizing it will just kill it. "
    BF3 is a PC game, the Bad Company games are spinoffs made for consoles. I think Sony managed to buy a port of BF3 as a PC/PS3 exclusive thing though. The focus SHOULD be PC in the main series though.
    jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jmfinamore
    @Jimbo: I was going to say most of those. Especially the idea of really incentivizing winning above everything else. I always hated how so many people play for k/d, I almost wish they didn't even show it. 

One thing I miss from BC2 is there being physical artillery gun for you to destroy to prevent mortar fire. 
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jack268:  Well yes, IDEALLY is the key there. But then again, look at Call of Duty. That's a franchise that started out on PC and their PC versions now are pretty unplayable.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel
    @HarlequinRiot said:
    " @Jimbo:  I always hated how so many people play for k/d, I almost wish they didn't even show it."
    This.  KD means shit if you aren't doing anything for the team, and they should make it so kills only get exp if the squad tags the target.  Since COD has pumped KD Ratios to the roof, it's gotten worse.  
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By raiz265

- Don't try to make BFBC2 better, try to make BF2 better. I'm fine without Destruction 2.0. 
    - Finish the game before releasing it.
    - Mod support. 
    - A proper server browser. (You'd imagine they've got it figured out after the previous ones, BFBC2 proved me wrong)
    - Prone.
    - Better netcode and hit detection than in previous BF games. It always felt kinda off compared to games like Counter Strike or Call of Duty (4 and earlier)... Especially when sniping. 
    - Mod support. Mod support. Mod support.   
    - Take that damn LMG away from the Medic, the Ammo pack from the Soldier and reintroduce the Support class.
    - No big perk/weapon customization stuff... Give me the 6 classes, 2 or 3 weapons each and I'm happy.   
    - No automatic Health regen.
    - Either a PC to console port or no console version at all (bla bla PC elitist bla bla). 

Thank you DICE. 

...Did I mention mod support?

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25  Edited By GS_Dan

2142 with destructible environments and awesome DX11 visuals. 

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jack268
    @President_Barackbar: DICE are swedish, I trust them. Also, EA isn't as bad at milking cash as Activision(yet).
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ryanwho

Don't go to the fucking desert. Please god. 

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By raiz265
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @benjaebe: Sure you got foot-men, and proper medics but every solider knows how to heal light wounds and shit.    OH BIG ONE, NO REGEN HEALTH, that shit is fucking stupid.  Period. "

I think the Project Reality mod did it right there, limit it to one Medic per Squad, but give every class field dressings to stop themselves from bleeding and fixing smaller wounds and leave the main healing responsibility to the medic.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KaosAngel
    @raiz265 said:
    " - Don't try to make BFBC2 better, try to make BF2 better. I'm fine without Destruction 2.0.  "
    I dunno, after BC2 and seeing what that thing can do...I'm for it.  I think it's a great addition and really adds to the feeling.  Plus Sniping bitches get the roof knocked onto them.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By raiz265
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @raiz265 said:
    " - Don't try to make BFBC2 better, try to make BF2 better. I'm fine without Destruction 2.0.  "
    I dunno, after BC2 and seeing what that thing can do...I'm for it.  I think it's a great addition and really adds to the feeling.  Plus Sniping bitches get the roof knocked onto them. "
    I'm not saying that it's generally bad, but from time to time it was quite a gamebreaker, especially during Rush.... It might be realistic and all to knock buildings down, but gunning them down from across the map with 2 tanks, mortars and RPGs just isn't fun.
    TheSmashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By TheSmashing

Dolphin Diving

... Oh Wait

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KaosAngel
    @raiz265 said:

" ...especially during Rush.... It might be realistic and all to knock buildings down, but gunning them down from across the map with 2 tanks, mortars and RPGs just isn't fun. "

I am guilty of that in Attacking.  That shit is hilarious, and seeing the people bitch in the chat-log.  It just becomes a dash to nuking the hell out of buildings.  :D  I will admit, it's not funny on defense.  They could strengthen the buildings or fortify the important ones.  >.> 

@SmashingTimes said:
    "  Dolphin Diving  ... Oh Wait "
    Yeah...they gotta fix that too.
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By B0nd07
    @raiz265 said:

" - Don't try to make BFBC2 better, try to make BF2 better. I'm fine without Destruction 2.0. - Finish the game before releasing it.- Mod support. - A proper server browser. (You'd imagine they've got it figured out after the previous ones, BFBC2 proved me wrong)- Prone.- Better netcode and hit detection than in previous BF games. It always felt kinda off compared to games like Counter Strike or Call of Duty (4 and earlier)... Especially when sniping. - Mod support. Mod support. Mod support.   - Take that damn LMG away from the Medic, the Ammo pack from the Soldier and reintroduce the Support class.- No big perk/weapon customization stuff... Give me the 6 classes, 2 or 3 weapons each and I'm happy.   - No automatic Health regen.- Either a PC to console port or no console version at all (bla bla PC elitist bla bla).  Thank you DICE.  ...Did I mention mod support? "

Pretty much this.  Basically, I want Battlefield 2: 2.  Fix what was broken and leave what wasn't alone.

I want them to return to the core game play - large maps, high player-count (not MAG high, but definitely not console low), six classes (soldier, sniper, support, medic, engineer, and spec-op), no regenerating health, and no Rush game mode (I've never had fun playing Rush.  My team is either always out numbered or too stupid to defend/attack, and don't get me started on the cheap tactic that is sniping the building the MCOM is in with tanks.).  It also doesn't need a bunch of unlocks.  Two or three weapons per class, spread out up to the level cap, unlocked in the order that you choose like in BF2, and no stat unlocks like magnum ammo or ceramic plates.  Also, the commander possition should return as well as the radial comm-menu, none of this one button for everything stuff.

Bad Company 2 is fine for what it is and what it does, but Battlefield 3 should not be based off of it.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By Jayross
    @Jack268 That's false. I know that because I started that runor.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35  Edited By Jayross
    @Jayross
    @Jack268 That's false. I know that because I started that runor.
    (The thing about BF3 on PS3)

And yeah, all DICE needs to do is make BF2 better, not make Bad Company 3.

I think the ultimate package would be to have WWII combat, modern combat, and future combat all in one package.

So you could join a 1942 server if you wanted, then maybe a future server.

Oh, BF3 should have Rush (but make it better by having 4 mcom targets at a time.

Bring back Titan because that was awesome.
    s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By s7evn
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    "Stagger the vehicle and player respawn timers, so you don't end up with Tank 'Tard & Jet Jerk wasting the vehicles for the whole round."
    They should add Driver/Pilot Kits to lock out the vehicles to only those who have the highest level, or at least have scored decent exp with it in some servers.  I alway hated seeing some guy go into a Jet and crash it in seconds, waste of it spawning and killed a ticket. "
    What? How would locking people out of these vehicles help and how would it work if only the "highest" level can fly or what not. It is frustrating to see the helicopter in BC2 take off and fly backwards into a wall, but I don't think restricting who can pilot is the answer. Instead maybe a tutorial in the single player, so there is no excuse to never flying before. 
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Subjugation

My question is: Why did the Recon class end up with C4? Tell me how that makes sense. 

A.K.A. Bring back Spec Ops and absolutely make winning the round the most attractive thing to do so all of these COD kiddies stop trying to work their K/D.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Raymayne

I think Battlefield belongs on consoles personally, you just don't get the same amount of community fun and brilliant online integration with a PC as you do on an Xbox. So personally I want to see the game be announced as a console exclusive, it's time to bring the series home where it belongs.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jimbo
    @Raymayne said:
    " I think Battlefield belongs on consoles personally, you just don't get the same amount of community fun and brilliant online integration with a PC as you do on an Xbox. So personally I want to see the game be announced as a console exclusive, it's time to bring the series home where it belongs. "
    lol.
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By B0nd07
    @Jimbo said:
    " @Raymayne said:
    " I think Battlefield belongs on consoles personally, you just don't get the same amount of community fun and brilliant online integration with a PC as you do on an Xbox. So personally I want to see the game be announced as a console exclusive, it's time to bring the series home where it belongs. "
    lol. "
    I lol'd too.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#41  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @Raymayne said:

You can have Bad Company 3. Have fun with it.

Battlefield 3 should be a core PC game with; 
    • At LEAST 64 player multiplayer
    • Open levels with as few choke points as possible (at least in terms of no man zones. Whole thing about BF2 was to find the best angle of attack in relation to the environment, not to the "you can't go here!"-zones)
    • Spot button to have acknowledgments and such like in BF2 (pretty valuable to know that you have your squad behind you by having them yell "yes, sir" to your commands)
    •  More classes and customization options like from 2142  
    • Mod support
    • Destruction 3.0 (wouldn't mind leveling entire cities)
    •  Jets
    • Chain of command (having squad leaders and commanders was always really fun when having people that played their roles properly)

All in all, the scope needs to be BIG otherwise it's just another Bad Company.
    HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HereAllDay

Multiplayer ONLY I don't want to see some Modern Warfare style, explosions everywhere story.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Wuddel

While BF is a PC series really, I think BF3 will be developed with consoles in mind. Because: This is were you make the money! Wake up people! If you are expecting more than a Bad Company 3 you are in for a disappointment. I played BF on PC and both consoles, but I can say I enjoy it much more on consoles. No 14 year old jack asses killing me over and over again with "pixel accuracy" from miles away. But I am open for both plattforms with BF3.

I really only want that they burry the "Do you want to join a squad?" option somewhere deep in the settings, and turn the default to ON. Why I am not in a squad in a full match? (Or multiples of 4.) 

Give me a better sense of progression! Why do you not unlock anything anymore after the first few levels? Sure. It should be more cosmetic things, but this is really the only thing CoD did better (until taking it away in favor of a currency sytem in Blops). 

Destruction 3.0 - fucking up snipers all day long

SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SammydesinasNL

Well, if we're lucky it's an improved version of Battlefield 2 that runs at 60 fps on consoles. 

(And whatever the pc version might be)
    Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jace

I speak for every single PC gamer when I say that all we want BF3 to be, simply, is more of BF2, and less of BC2. 

Hey Dice, look at ArmA 2. Look at it. Learn from it.  

"Herp derp, 32 players with walls that blow up. thats all u guies want, right? bf2 was shit right? no one played it. hurrr"

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RsistncE

How about a real non-consolified Battlefield game? I know the chances of that are low since this is coming out on the consoles also, so I expect a dumbed down Battlefield game. 

Also: lol at all the sour grapes console gamers who are trying to make the ridiculous claim that battlefield is better on the console. Some of those justifications are just absurd. Have fun with your inferior versions kids.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Evilmetal

one of DICE's publicly made notes about BF3, that they learned from BC2, is to not make BF3 have a "console feel".  That means they will do their best to conceal, like a woman uses makeup to conceal warts and shit, the console nature of the game. When reviewing BF3 people will have to consider the "concealing factor".

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @KaosAngel said:

" @benjaebe: You know...sounds crazy but I like how classes are in BC2 than BF2.   "

i dont like you anymore 

@Jimbo said:

"

• Incentivise winning the round over everything else (XP for objectives and achieving commander/captain orders, not kills).  
    "
    YES !! 

@Jimbo said: 

• Ditch the whack-a-mole bullshit from BF2 - only bases adjacent to one your team already holds should be capturable.
    "
       i dont understand ? 
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " i dont understand ?  "
    TF2 style, when you can't just capture any point.  You need to capture one that you can connect to.  
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @raiz265 said:
    " - Don't try to make BFBC2 better, try to make BF2 better. I'm fine without Destruction 2.0. - Finish the game before releasing it.- Mod support. - A proper server browser. (You'd imagine they've got it figured out after the previous ones, BFBC2 proved me wrong)- Prone.- Better netcode and hit detection than in previous BF games. It always felt kinda off compared to games like Counter Strike or Call of Duty (4 and earlier)... Especially when sniping. - Mod support. Mod support. Mod support.   - Take that damn LMG away from the Medic, the Ammo pack from the Soldier and reintroduce the Support class.- No big perk/weapon customization stuff... Give me the 6 classes, 2 or 3 weapons each and I'm happy.   - No automatic Health regen.- Either a PC to console port or no console version at all (bla bla PC elitist bla bla).  Thank you DICE.  ...Did I mention mod support? "
    /followed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.