Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 3

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 is DICE's third numerical installment in the Battlefield franchise. It features a single player and co-operative campaign, as well as an extensive multiplayer component.

Xbox 360 anyone?

gold_n_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By gold_n_eye

Now that we've seen how it's running on the PS3, I'm not as worried about the quality of the game on consoles. However, I am a  little worried about the Xbox 360 version since we have not seen that version running on it thus far. Will it be up par to the PS3 version? I guess we have to wait until September to see how the Battlefield 3 beta runs on Microsoft's console.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

It will be fine.

Pandasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Pandasaurus

it'll be the one that sells best- so i bet it'll run just fine

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Speaking of which, how is Bad Company 2 on X360 compared to PS3? I dont play BF on consoles but it seems to me their lead platform is PS3 for console titles

(same question for BC1, Mirror's Edge and 1943 btw)

NickBOTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By NickBOTT

I'm sure it'll be fine.  No worries man.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kermoosh

won't look as good as the pc counterpart but it'll still look great

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I think they are focusing on the PS3 because they have a little bit more to prove there, in terms of optimization for the system.

Quite sure I read the PS3 version of Bad Company 2 had some performance issues, so it would make sense that they focus on showing that the game plays well on the PS3.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By beeftothetaco

To me, the console version doesn't even exist. Obviously there is no way that either one could run it at the visual quality that it was at when they showed the demo at E3. Also, they are reducing the map sizes and the max player counts of multiplayer matches on the consoles (from 64 to 24,) which I really care about. I mean, it won't be BAD on the consoles, its just that console players won't be getting (what I consider) the full experience.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JasonR86

Pow Block anyone?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli
    @gold_n_eye said:
    Now that we've seen how it's running on the PS3, I'm not as worried about the quality of the game on consoles. However, I am a  little worried about the Xbox 360 version since we have not seen that version running on it thus far. Will it be up par to the PS3 version? I guess we have to wait until September to see how the Battlefield 3 beta runs on Microsoft's console.
    BF:BC 1 & 2 run better on 360. More stable framerate. Crisper lighting and effects and textures. Frostbite 2 uses a rendering method which profits greatly from more memory. The 360 has more memory than the PS3.

In all likeliness, BF3 will run just as smooth or smoother than the PS3 version. The Open Beta happens in Semptember (next month), I'm sure all your fears will be dispelled before release.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    Speaking of which, how is Bad Company 2 on X360 compared to PS3? I dont play BF on consoles but it seems to me their lead platform is PS3 for console titles (same question for BC1, Mirror's Edge and 1943 btw)
    I don't know about BC2, since I haven't played it nor seen it played on 360. I have, however, played and beaten the PS3 version and that particular one ran perfectly, with no real problems that I can think of. I have BC1 on 360 and have played the demos for Mirror's Edge and 1943 and all of them ran just as well as BC2. I'd say that it's quite a safe bet to buy BF3 or BC2 on consoles, they run just fine. 

As for the OP - like I said, it's a very safe bet to get the 360 version of BF3. It probably won't be the definitive version - that will obviously be the PC version - but if 360 is all you'll have to play it on then go ahead and get it there.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Powblock anyone? 

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By intro

I heard it's going to be 8 bit at best.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Enigma777

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

Speaking of which, how is Bad Company 2 on X360 compared to PS3? I dont play BF on consoles but it seems to me their lead platform is PS3 for console titles (same question for BC1, Mirror's Edge and 1943 btw)

Although EA usually puts out the PS3 versions of their games front and center, they are usually identical on either console (sans any exclusive materials)

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Mahonay

@beeftothetaco said:

To me, the console version doesn't even exist. Obviously there is no way that either one could run it at the visual quality that it was at when they showed the demo at E3. Also, they are reducing the map sizes and the max player counts of multiplayer matches on the consoles (from 64 to 24,) which I really care about. I mean, it won't be BAD on the consoles, its just that console players won't be getting (what I consider) the full experience.

They did a fantastic job of Bad Company 2 on the 360. While I expect a different experience on the consoles than on the PC, I have faith in DICE that they'll manage to still make playing on the Xbox 360 and PS3 a good way to go as well for folks like me that do almost all of their social gaming on consoles, or don't have a PC that can come close to running this game.

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By mattbosten

As is the case with most console multi-platform releases any differences between 360 and PS3 will be negligible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.