Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

All Guns in Action, Sorted by Types (ARs, PDWs, LMGs, etc.)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Looks like EA invited LevelCap to capture a whole bunch of new BF4 footage at EA Los Angles with an all new PC build. It seems like he's taken it on himself to show all the guns of the various gun types available to the different kits. Thus far he's released an Assault Rifle, a PDW, and a LMG video.

I really like what I'm seeing in this latest build. The whole sunglare seems to be tuned down some more. I love the small capture bar in the lower center screen, replacing the horribly obstructive circle of BF3. Capturing an objective rewards points in a much more granular fashion, instead of at just two thresholds like before - yet another very sensible change. The nice and colorful minimap too seems to be formated better from the get-go, rather than offering a whole smattering of settings, with none feeling all too useful.

These videos make me very hopeful, that I might actually love BF4, rather than maintaining that love/hate relationship like with BF3, which was emotionally draining. Without further ado, if you need some reassurance too, give these collection of videos a watch. I'll update it, when he releases videos for more guntypes.

ARs

LMGs

PDWs

Now let's just hope the PS4 version will be tight, so I won't have to shell out 500+ bucks for a decent 3+ GB graphics card. If DICE manages medium-high settings rendered in 1080p running at 60 FPS, I'd be bustin' a nut. This looks so much tighter than BF3. Most of the minutia I hated in BF3 seems different and better in BF4. Please let it not just be wishful thinking.

Also - LevelCap really is the one-stop-shop for great Battlefield footage. Major props!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Except for one instance of extreme suppression blur, I have not spotted any of it. I found it extremely annoying in BF3. Seems like only Bolt Action sniper rifles will suppress in that way. Speaking of Bolt Action, they finally seem to have added a nicely visible smoke/vaportrail again, like in the Bad Company games. Visual feedback-wise, in regards to gunfights, I think I'm going to be a whole lot happier. Muzzleflash that pops of the screen. Lots of tracers, and now also smoke/vaportrails. This all sits very well with me.

Edit: Just seen on the PDW video. The kill when he first stands next to some oblivious guy in a bush. *Kill from Assist*! Hell yes. Neat little touches indeed.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Random thought, but I hope they've changed the fall damage from BF3. It was like falling anything above your normal jump height would take off 90% of your health.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seppli

Levelcap released another BF4 weapons vid today. Good god, the remote mortar (shown at the end of the video) looks fucking stupid. I hate indirect warfare. What do they do instead of taking it out? Buff it up.

Now shooting at dots on the minimap is more deadly than actually shooting with guns at them. No line of sight required. One can only pray that this feature won't make it through Beta in October.

Loading Video...

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Yeah I have watched these a few times, gun play looks great, and the cruiser crashing into the island is fucking beautiful. Also levelcap is my favorite bf YouTuber by far.

I sure hope this game runs well on the XB1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.