Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Should I wait on purchasing this ? Xone

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

With the reported problems on the PC and ps4 sounds like a patch is badly needed and the online (only part interesting me) hardly works as it stands. Have these problems been solved or likely to be similar on the xbox one version? Still undecided on what games to pick up so need advice

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Eh, not sure but it's the only game I'm getting for my Xbox One tonight personally, if it's working that's a bonus! If not I may have to get Forza.

AndyMc1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get FIFA with the console and will buy one other game tomorrow ideally it's battlefield but if that doesn't work then I'll opt for something else

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Unfortunately I don't think there will be enough information on how it's working until it is out there in the wild.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Aquablak

It depends on whether you mind playing some of the smaller game modes for a bit, while they sort out the server issues. I just got my PS4 last night, and played a pile of team death match and had an absolute blast, with no gameplay or server issues. Can't get into the larger game modes as of yet, though.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've had it on the PS4 since Saturday and had a lot of fun despite the issues. That said, if I could go back in time I would have held off on buying right away because I don't care to support a team that puts out a half broken product without doing their due diligence in the QA department.

I have been buying Battlefield games at release on good faith since BF2, simply because thats what my friends and family like to play. This will be the last time I do that.

It's a fun game, but you'll definitely be playing russian roulette buying it at release. The different platforms seem to have their own unique problems so there's no telling what might happen with the XB1 version.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

what reported problems? pc version seems fine for me so far.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

@marz: I've heard the exact opposite from someone I know who plays the PC version, but I can't verify myself. I have the PS4 version and the 64 player Conquest servers don't work. Also the game crashes.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By spraynardtatum

The game is pretty gimped and broken. Wait.

Don't give publishers and developers any more incentive to release games that are clearly not ready than they already have.

At least understand that you're paying 59.99 to participate in a beta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.