Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 4

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 29, 2013

DICE's popular multiplayer-focused shooter series continues, making its debut appearance on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Wishful Thinking - What Mode Will DICE Announce Today?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

DICE will be at EA's GamesCom presser in force, and will be showing a new MP map and a new mode. What do you hope it will be?

Personally, I hope it's what I like to call *The Missing Link* between Conquest and Rush - a Push Map mode (originated in the BF1942 mod Desert Combat).

Conquest is freeform, any objective on the map goes. Rush is highly directed, a set of objectives is given and attackers and defenders are pre-defined. In a Push Map mode the set of objectives is always given and limited to adjacent capture points to already conquered territory. The frontline is always defined, there is no *zipping around in a dune buggy, capturing undefended objectives behind enemy lines* kinda gameplay going on, as it often happens on bigger Conquest maps.

There's always a frontline, and that frontline is being pushed to and fro - thus combining the strengths of both Conquest and Rush, whilst eliminating what I like the least about them - namely being restricted to either the role of attacker or defender, as well as non-confrontational playstyles (going after undefended objectives, foregoing the frontline). Best served with team-specific dynamic out-of-bounds zones.

Now you!

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Nadafinga

Along those lines @seppli, I'd like to see some variation of Titan mode. I've always thought that combining Rush and Conquest would be a ton of fun in these games. Say what you will about SOCOM 4, but they had a mode called "Last Defense," and it was awesome:

Each team fights to capture three satellite points on the map. Once this is done, they are able to triangulate the position of the opposing team's base, and attack it.

So basically it starts off as a game of Conquest, but once a team retains all the capture points, the objectives change and it turns into a game of Rush, with one team going into "Last Defense" to defend their base. I thought it was brilliant.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.