Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Been Kicked For True Aim - Why I Love PC Gaming *Sarcasm*

• 62 results
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Evilsbane

@Pinworm45 said:

Being called a hacker is the greatest compliment there actually is.

This is truth, I've never cheated in an online game so when someone says that to you, it means your kicking their ass.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Evilsbane said:

@Pinworm45 said:

Being called a hacker is the greatest compliment there actually is.

This is truth, I've never cheated in an online game so when someone says that to you, it means your kicking their ass.

And they are a whiny bitch.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

That's PC gamin for ya. But it's not really better on consoles, just different. Consoles get racists pricks that whine about 14 year olds playing in their games, glitchers, etc. PC has dick admins, mic spam, and camping snipers. Just find a good server that isn't like that. I never play on severs in BC2 that I don't know, unless I'm looking for a new one. TF2 I think has a much better community for that stuff, there are certainly people like that but most of the servers I play on have good admins. Don't think I've ever been kick from anything, even when I was totally kicking ass. Hell, you can grief people on some servers and not get banned. I love to harass admins on achievement servers. lol.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By emem

@mnzy: Hmm I had to enter a key back then as far as I remember. I think every multiplayer game makes you to enter a key first.

The forum comment: The same IP address can't be online twice at the same time, unless you are in the same network as the other person. And it's almost impossible for someone else to get the same IP that you had before -> 1:(~4.000.000.000 - static IPs).

A very strange story.. if you didn't cheat and didn't get hacked, the admins fucked with you for some reason or made a mistake. :|

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By warxsnake

Id rather have the option of picking what server I end up on especially if I start getting to know the people who frequent it,  

than get thrown somewhere random. 

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By Evilmetal

If your score was inline with other player's scores in the server, then there shouldn't be a reason why to kick you (taking into account that you weren't a douche, etc etc..).  People should realize that Battlefield games are fun because multiple people are playing it; humans fill the server and this is how fun is experienced.

For example sometimes you'll have this chopper pilot and gunner, on the desert map, raping everyone. The people on the ground cannot see the chopper because of the poor map lighting that blinds players. The people on the ground are not having fun. But if you are the gunner and are kicked, you'll get angry. You were having fun at other people's expense. Such people don't have consideration for others. At the end of the day it's about fun, for everyone. Otherwise..... jump into an empty server and let us see how much fun you will have. You won't have any fun. It's everyone in the server who create the fun and some common respect should be extended; even switching teams to balance things out... it's about everyone having fun.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By mnzy
    @emem: You definately didn't need to enter a key, usually some ID. But CS was free for a long time so I can't remember if it even had one.
    And the IP thing works like this: every ISP reserves a range of IPs, from a few thousand to millions depending on the size of your ISP. If he had the same (small) ISP that I had, it would absolutely be possible. 
    But yea the admins obviously sucked, because they wouldn't even listen to a long time user for a few seconds.
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Origina1Penguin

It's certainly a problem. I've been kicked a couple times for bs reason on BC2. It's just butt hurt admins. I got kicked for "base rape" after knifing someone in the middle of nowhere. I got kicked several times in Wolf ET because I was accused of cheating, even after telling the other team to spectate me. If you are doing well, people will think you are cheating. There is no way around it. It happens on console too though. I was sent a message, "nice cheat controller," after a round in Red Faction Guerrilla. What the fuck is that? Anyways, keeping a list of favorites is really all you can do. Sometimes there are forums where you can dispute kicks/bans, but you'll need a video of you playing to have any sort of case. If more games recorded your matches temporarily like CoD and Halo, then I could see how a developer controlled place for disputes could work.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By emem

@mnzy: CS was a mod at the beginning and was for free until version 1.0 in 2000. After that you had to buy and enter a cdkey to install the game and you still have to enter it once before you can play online.

Oh you're right, forgot about the way IPs are being distributed, ouch. But still.. it's so unlikely that someone steals your key, has the same provider and gets your ip exactly before/after you. I find that really hard to believe. I'm not saying that you are talking nonsense btw, but the ESL admins. I honestly can't believe something like this can happen.. I would have called them and asked for proof.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon
    @NeverDave said:

I get around this problem by being really bad at competitive multiplayer games.

lol. That works for me too! 70+ hours playing and 0 kicks so far, though I do find a lot of people changing teams and leaving me on my own, which suck when I like to play as a medic.

I usually play official servers or stick to a handful of servers with Punkbuster enabled and this has always worked out fine for me.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By Marz

I know how it feels, i didn't get booted but i shot some pilot in the blackhawk with my shotgun with slug ammo and got called a hacker nonstop until i left.  I guess he didn't see me shoot at the chopper like 10 times before i got lucky.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Azteck

It's usually just some bitchy server admin who can't deal with other people beating them. It sucks but there's not much that can be done about it, sadly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.