Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

What Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer mode will you play the most ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

It's conquest for me since thats what Battlefield is all about for me

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RsistncE

Conquest....BY 100%

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By FireBurger

Hopefully Conquest (whatever I can do to make it feel more like BF3). However, after going back to BC1 recently, it seems everyone is playing Rush, as the Conquest games are completely empty. Hopefully, since it is integrated this time, it will get more player support.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

You forgot Squad Rush, but I'll play all of them equally.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

Rush.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

Conquest all the way. I'll try the others plenty, but I have a feeling I'll be sticking to the classic BF mode.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mano521

i think since most of my friends wont be getting bad company 2, i wont be doing much of squad deathmatch.    i will be switching off from conquest to gold rush until i unlock everything.    then, i shall commence the teamkilling  mwahaha

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JP_Russell

Mmm, probably a 50/50 split between rush and conquest.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Seppli

I'm inclined to say 75% Rush mode.

Depending on how the Conquest maps feel, I might play more of it than I believe.

Also - the two Squad modes are an unknown quantity right now.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By evanbrau

Conquest is what Battlefield is.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jack268

Conquest mostly, I haven't played any BF game since 2(Except 1943 on xbox, and I think the controls wrecked it completly) so conquest is what the game's been mostly about. 

Squad DM seems good too, I used to play alot of CS so it'll be a great alternative. 

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Druminator

Love Conquest and Rush so hopefully TDM will be good too.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CL60

Conquest probably.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aquablak

Conquest, but Rush is still pretty good and the 4 team TDM sounds like it should be a lot of fun, too.  Can't wait.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
    @FireBurger said:
    " Hopefully Conquest (whatever I can do to make it feel more like BF3).
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By fugie7

ill play conquest first then go explore the other modes to see how it is.

Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mr_Bubbles

Conquest, but with alot of Rush. Rush seemed better in the BETA than it did in the original Bad Company. maybe it's the bigger maps?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli
    @Mr_Bubbles said:

" Conquest, but with alot of Rush. Rush seemed better in the BETA than it did in the original Bad Company. maybe it's the bigger maps? "

Rush was always awesome. Many BF veterans just didn't see the depth of it, since it's locked down to to two objectives instead of having the entire map open at all times. It just made tactical decisions more meaningful. Countless valid angles are open to play to play, it's just narrow-minded folks who are unable to recognize and play them. I guess many Conquest veterans also didn't like meeting heavy opposition along the way.  It's a lot more tactical and faster paced than Conquest, which I prefer over Conquest's all open style. It also helps, that I'm a skilled killer - so I don't get frustrated by facing heavy opposition.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FrankCanada97

I always liked how Rush established a frontline of conflict.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Seppli: Actually I think conquest veterans are not narrow-minded enough.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Seppli
    @FrankCanada97 said:

" I always liked how Rush established a frontline of conflict. "

Same here. You can see the pressure build up visually at the frontline and how it devastates the landscape and structures. And then suddenly the pressure shifts. Getting flanked, infiltrated or overwhelmed. Often, the crates are exposed to the heat of combat too long and blow up just from wear and tear, because the defenders failed to repel the attackers and hold them at a distance. I love rush mode. Battlefield would never have gotten this firm a grip on me, if it wasn't for Rush mode.

@MrKlorox

said:

" @Seppli: Actually I think conquest veterans are not narrow-minded enough. "

I just don't think conquering undefended capture points is good gameplay or tight gamedesign. For my taste - there's just too much idle time/down time in the gamedesign of Conquest. Rush promotes unrelenting conflict and combat. A neverending struggle. Within said struggle I find more 'Depth of Combat' than I ever did in any other Conquest-only BF game to date. There's just way less heavy fighting going on in Conquest and seldomly a proper frontline. Said frontline, unless breached or broken, will bring certain defeat to the attacking team, which promotes forward thinking and creativity. The sheer amount of valid angles to be found and viably exploited for victory in Rush mode are more rewarding to me, than the default sandbox openess of Conquest ever was.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Seppli: Perhaps I'll change my mind once I see first hand how the maps are in BC2. If there is more room around the defending base to flank than previously before then I might have a better time. As it is in BC1, there is basically one side of the defending base that has all the action. That's not what BF is about to me. It's about a dynamic varying experience.

Once I first experienced the destruction, I always thought it would be cool to have a similar basic layout with buildings and other assets procedurally placed so each time you battle on the same a map it would feel unique.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Seppli
    @MrKlorox said:

" @Seppli: Perhaps I'll change my mind once I see first hand how the maps are in BC2. If there is more room around the defending base to flank than previously before then I might have a better time. As it is in BC1, there is basically one side of the defending base that has all the action. That's not what BF is about to me. It's about a dynamic varying experience. Once I first experienced the destruction, I always thought it would be cool to have a similar basic layout with buildings and other assets procedurally placed so each time you battle on the same a map it would feel unique. "

That's the cool thing about the tiered maps in Rush mode. Every maptier has a different gameplay focus and feel to it. Some are restrictive, others are open. Some are vehicle centric, others infantry only. Some are CQC heavy, others long range. That's the diversity I love about Rush. Conquest just gives the players a lot of room to do whatever the player thinks is right - at expense of action and pacing. Conquest just gives too much responsability over the combat's quality to the player, instead of directly promoting quality gameplay by design. Definitly prefer more direction by default gamedesign. Especially since I PUG alot.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Seppli: That's why slight randomization to the layout of a linear map style is a decent compromise. Yes I do like ultra refined balance when it comes to multiplayer maps, but I also think on the fly adaptation to unforeseeable chaos is part of the war gaming experience. All the Rush games I play feel the same.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Seppli
    @MrKlorox said:

" @Seppli: That's why slight randomization to the layout of a linear map style is a decent compromise. Yes I do like ultra refined balance when it comes to multiplayer maps, but I also think on the fly adaptation to unforeseeable chaos is part of the war gaming experience. All the Rush games I play feel the same. "

Personally, I like a dash of predictability in my competitive online multiplayer games. Makes a game more approachable and being an 'experienced' veteran meaningful. Much like chess, the game gets better, if you can anticipate the enemies decisions and be ahead of the game.

Since I use all kits and vehicles and pride myself in switching my gameplay up frequently, Battlefield games never feel old or stale to me. I also watch lots of montages to find new ways of enjoying Battlefield. Had no problem keeping Rush mode fresh. I struggled more with the whole 'conquer undefended capture points' gameplay of classic Conquest mode, which I became very tired off after several iterations of BF games and their addons.

Luckily - these ancient times are over and we get to chose our poison. I'd really love to see Titan mode return. Never played BF 2142 and the mode looks quite excellent in montages. Would be excellent premium DLC expansion material.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Seppli: Oh you haven't? I read the 1.50 patch will unlock the booster maps for all users and I saw a coupple places online selling non-deluxe BF2142 EADM keys for $10. Or was that how much it is form EA itself... I forget.

edit: they stopped selling the non-deluxe 2142 so the best deal is a deluxe key for $16.95 at cdkeysdirect as opposed to $19.95 from EA store. I bought my BF2CC key from them about a year ago.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Seppli
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @Seppli: Oh you haven't? I read the 1.50 patch will unlock the booster maps for all users and I saw a coupple places online selling non-deluxe BF2142 EADM keys for $10. Or was that how much it is form EA itself... I forget. "
    I've checked that one off as officially 'missed'. I'm just gonna move on to newer and brighter shores. It's like 10 days 'til the age of BF:BC 2 begins with the demo or even less if you got a key for the PC beta.

I was close to pick it up every now and then, but then stuck with BF:BC instead.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Seppli: Many folks still play it. If it drops to $10 once it hits Steam, you really should try it. It's not to be missed.
    VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By VanderSEXXX

definitely conquest I miss the days I was still playing that back in BF:1942 w Desert Combat mod, and BF2.:D 

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheMustacheHero

No Gold Rush?

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " No Gold Rush? "
    They changed it to Rush, same thing, but without the gold in the name and in the game.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " No Gold Rush? "
    They changed it to Rush, same thing, but without the gold in the name and in the game. "
    Lame. They took out everything good about BC
     Health Epipens, gold, surfer victory music, Jazzy menu music, and humor. :(
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @TheMustacheHero said:

" @FrankCanada97 said:

" @TheMustacheHero said:
    " No Gold Rush? "
    They changed it to Rush, same thing, but without the gold in the name and in the game. "
    Lame. They took out everything good about BC  Health Epipens, gold, surfer victory music, Jazzy menu music, and humor. :( "
    If it makes you feel better, humour is still in the game. Also, in the singleplayer trailer you can see a plane breakup in mid-air and gold bars are raining down from the heavens. I meant no gold in Rush mode.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @FrankCanada97 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " No Gold Rush? "
    Lame. They took out everything good about BC  Health Epipens, gold, surfer victory music, Jazzy menu music, and humor. :( "
    If it makes you feel better, humour is still in the game. Also, in the singleplayer trailer you can see a plane breakup in mid-air and gold bars are raining down from the heavens. "
    I hope at one point during the single player B company is just like "Fuck it, lets go steal more gold."
    mrslippyfist81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mrslippyfist81

I loved Rush from Bad Company 1.  For some reason, Conquest wasn't as fun to me when they patched it in later.  In general though, I'm a huge conquest fan and I anticipate that ruling my online time.  Either way, you can't go wrong.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Venatio

Rush and Conquest, in that order

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.