Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Which Conquest map do you want in Map Pack 3?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jayross
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jayross

Port Valdez would be great if there were Blachawks at the capture points. What do you guys think?

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xMP44x

I'd love Port Valdez, due to the fact that it was the first map I played in the game and the demo, and it was awesome for Rush. So I'm hoping it'd be awesome for Conquest as well. In my opinion the other maps wouldn't port over to a different game style as easily.  

Isla Inocentes would basically be island defence for one of the bases, as that island from Rush has to make an appearance. It wouldn't be that map without it. Plus, the gameplay would likely be fairly helicopter based. There are two helicopter spawns, at what I would assume to be A and C. Both have two helipads, so they could have a Blackhawk, a Hind, a Havoc or an Apache. But selecting the choppers would be difficult if they chose not to have the simply option. It winds up working this way in most scenarios:
    Havoc or Apache > Hind > Black Hawk
    The only way to ensure a balanced match would be to make it Havoc vs Apache, and that'd be too boring. I like how it plays in Rush, because there are two Black Hawks and a Hind. Plus, the two UH-64s can take on a Hind fairly well. But even two Hinds against a well flown Apache or Havoc would involve a lot of "everyone out" moments for the Hind pilot.

As for the other maps, Valparaiso is too closed in for an open war, if you understand. Nelson Bay would be interesting, but not really at the same time. I'd like to see how they make it work with vehicles, but at the same time it's also too closed to really allow vehicles unless it was subtly redesigned in some way.

blackbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By blackbeard

new maps.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hitchenson

I'd much prefer some new maps to be honest. That's not to say the current selection isn't great but if it's a choice between putting different gametypes on existing maps or getting actual new maps, I'm going to pick brand new maps.

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

I'd like maps set in one of the campaign settings. Especially the fields of the Tank mission are great. Same for the urban area that follows it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

Nelson Bay because I like night conquest. I just hate the way night time looks in this game though.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayross

Just thought I would bump this.

dimdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dimdum

i think port valdez would be nice if they added the part after the last place in rush, but new maps would 
    be great

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.