Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 20, 2014

The sequel to the critically-acclaimed action brawler Bayonetta, this time with a two-player online co-op mode and exclusive to the Nintendo Wii U.

Should I play Bayonetta 1 first?

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pretty self explanatory. I never really had time to play Bayonetta 1 when it came out and it just got back logged for so long. I plan on playing it eventually, especially since it's included with the sequel, but is it a necessity?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

It's not a necessity since what you're here for is not the story but I highly recommend it anyway because Bayonetta 1 is still a rad game. You'll also notice the improvements made in Bayonetta 2 and appreciate them more.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I haven't played the second game yet but Bayonetta is a game you should play even if you don't plan on playing the second one. I played it again last year and it still holds up.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bayonetta is an excellent game so why not? Plus you get stupid Nintendo based costumes.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, not because it's necessary, but simply because it is an amazing game.

Play it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

'swhat I'ma do.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that's kind of what I expected everyone to say. Thanks everybody! Can't wait to get my mitts on it.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By kaos_cracker

Doesn't Bayonetta 2 come with the original? Because if it does then I say yes, because that's what I plan to do.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes absolutely. I played it last week again on 360 and it's still excellent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's not necessary but that was one of the best games from the last generation. Considering that it comes with Bayonetta 2, you should definitely play it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I won't be getting a Wii U for a while, so that's my plan.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By doctordonkey

I'm looking forward to playing it when B2 is released. I bought the PS3 back when it was released, and it was a total shit-show. Insane load times, practically half the framerate of the 360 version (it dropped to sub-30 frames in the more busier scenes) and screen tearing out the ass.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would actually recommend playing the 2nd one first, now that I have finished the game.

Suffice to say, the stories in both of the games are kinda intertwined.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

I played about half of the original back on the 360 but never finished it. I'm hoping that finishing Bayonetta 2 will give me incentive to go back and finally finish it. We'll see.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've been playing Bayonetta 1 since getting Bayonetta 2 yesterday (even though I had already played the game before) and it's still a great, super fun game - I've been enjoying it so much I think I might play through the whole thing again before tackling the sequel. Originally I intended to just see how the port was and how it held up.

If you haven't played Bayonetta before I think you should go for that, unless you think you won't want to jump straight into Bayonetta 2 afterwards, in which case I'd say jump right into that.

Bayonetta isn't a necessity, because ultimately it's the action you're playing for, but if you do want to get the most out of the setting, characters and story I'd say Bayonetta is important in establishing those things. Playing through it again myself has been handy as a refresher on this stuff - I'd forgotten that part of Bayonetta's contract with Hell as a witch was that she needed to kill Angels every day, for instance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.