Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Apparently, the Bioshock 2 Special Edition is Awesome.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mattbodega

Kotaku is reporting that a a Bioshock 2 player randomly held a black light to the posters that came with the limited edition package and found a weird surprise: Secret Messages!  

No Caption Provided

Crazy! 

This random, totally unnecessary little secret has me WAY more interested than any single piece of Bioshock  2 marketing released. It's the little details that get me excited about a game, like a totally random but absolutely canonical message hidden in the light you use to look for weird stains. 

BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!? 
    (Probably nothing.) 

Here's the GB Unboxing of the Bioshock 2 Special Edition, so you can see the other two posters, and just IMAGINE what could be hidden on those posters. 

aaox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By aaox

Oh awesome. You should PM Jeff or something, see if they can't do a video of black lighting the rest.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

Interesting message, but what was it written in? Far as I know, blacklights pick up bodily fluids like blood and... 

Hm.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous

Maaaaaan. Now I really wish I had bought this.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JoelTGM
    @End_Boss said:
    " Interesting message, but what was it written in? Far as I know, blacklights pick up bodily fluids like blood and...  Hm. "
    I don't know much about blacklights either, but on an episode of mythbusters they were testing to see if rat piss got on random soda cans, and they thought they found a ton of it with a blacklight, but they later realized it was just dust.  So it lights up other stuff besides blood and all that.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I barely played 1 hour of the original game...and I was in line to get the collector's edition 30 minutes before the store opened, after watching the video above. I don't regret it at all (and no, I haven't even played the sequel yet either).

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By amir90

w0w, that is awesome!

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Jambones

I just saw this over on Kotaku. I cannot express how delighted I am and how ingenious I think this is. I really wish more collectors sets did innovative things like this.

Anyone tried playing the soundtrack backwards yet? lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.