Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Motion Sickness & Skyrails?

olhadossight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By olhadossight

Has anyone with severe motion sickness played this yet? Watching the Quick Look, I had to look away from the skyrail sequences because they made feel so sick. Can anyone tell me how prevalent these sequences are in the core game and if I can change any settings to make them easier to stomach? Many thanks.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I got a little nauseated watching videos of skyrails, but never had any issue playing the game myself. Maybe it's a matter of having the control reducing that sensation?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You can slow yourself down easily. And so far I have not been FORCED to fight on them. I can all ways hop off and fight on foot.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

As someone for whom a 5-minute car ride means an hour of feeling like shit, I had 0 problems with the skyrails in this game. That said, there are a handful of times where you have to use them for traversal and at least one battle where you have to use one to get to higher ground. The traversal sections mostly take place in open areas which may help.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

They are all over the place and you have to use them to get from area to area, though I haven't had to use them for combat yet.

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
    RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's a small bit about halfway through the game where you'll need to use the skyrails, but it's really short.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

It's a first-person game, so people who get motion sickness shouldn't be able to play this game by default.

Or at least that's the case for me. I can't play any first-person games.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I just drink some ginger ale or pop some Dramamine.

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Had a friend who couldn't play Mirror's Edge because of this.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Klei

This is weird. I've never experienced motion sickness in video games. What happens exactly? Some kind of vertigo? Dizziness?

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By soldierg654342

Like the rest of the Bioshocks, I can't play it for more than an hour or so at a time before getting a headache. The view bobbing has been toned down from past games, but it still get's to me. The sky-rails specifically haven't given me any issues though.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei said:

This is weird. I've never experienced motion sickness in video games. What happens exactly? Some kind of vertigo? Dizziness?

First skyrail I was on I threw up all over my new keyboard.

No but seriously, I haven't had any problems. If it bothers you though, you can slow down and even come to complete stops on them (except for a few sequences if I recall correctly). Also, when you're fighting on them, you can usually find a place to jump off. You're never really forced to ride them for long periods of time.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By toowalrus

They didn't bother me, but then again, I'm the kind of person who's been way into some of the tallest fastest roller coasters in the world for the past 10 years so motion sickness isn't really an issue for me.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

Change the FOV to max and make sure vsync is enabled.

The default FOV is way too close when playing a few feet away from a monitor and keeping a framerate consistent with your refresh rate should help too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.