Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Relationship (spoilers)

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

After finishing the game (that I feel is amazing) and hoping that the after the credits scene with booker back in his apt means that he gets to keep Anna and live a new life (probably with debt but hey who doesn't have debt) I was hopeful but them. But looking back at the game through discussions, videos, and just remembering myself (until I play it again) I find myself really depressed because of Elizabeth. By the very end of the game Booker, after realizing what he had done in the past, wants to give Elizabeth whatever she wants (hopefully as a father and not an oldboy kind of situation).

But in my head it just sucks so much that at no point does Elizabeth every said Dad to him or Booker Daughter to her even after they show it, I felt heart broken that due to his decision (even if he tried to stop it) in the past that there relationship wouldn't get there, to a loving father and his daughter.

Plus it made me depressed because I hate the way Comstock is as a parent figure because no one should try to live through their kids or force them into something they don't want.

I don't know about this post I don't even have a kid or in a relationship that will result in such but I dunno just how I felt about it and no one seems to talk about it.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think you're wrong about their relationship. Booker at a certain point wanted to do whatever it took to make her happy and to protect her from the horrors hes inflicted on himself. Two scenes come to mind when I think about their relationship. The first is when Booker told Elizabeth he would cut off Lady Comstock's hand so they could get into the house. Elizabeth was resolute about doing it but Booker wouldn't let her do something that horrible. The second is after Booker saves her from Comstock's machine. Elizabeth wanted to kill Comstock, understandably, but Booker again told her he would not let her do it, he would do it for her.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

My absolute favorite scene in the game, which is honestly pure genius, is the scene where you and Elizabeth experience an evening on the peer together and Elizabeth comments on all the little sights like "I was just imagining what you would look like on the merry-go-round".

They were having a father daughter date, even though neither one realized who the other was.

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Meteor_VII

@jazgalaxy: I agree that looking back it is a really great scene.

I guess what I was dancing around in my original post was more my feeling that I was depressed because of the loss of the Elizabeth character you come to know through out the game. They develop her so well in my opinion that it is really moving that she makes the decision that will lead to her own fading from time because even with the after credits scene does anyone really think that Anna will grow up knowing something from her time travel/dimensional adventure, I would think not.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@jazgalaxy: I agree that looking back it is a really great scene.

I guess what I was dancing around in my original post was more my feeling that I was depressed because of the loss of the Elizabeth character you come to know through out the game. They develop her so well in my opinion that it is really moving that she makes the decision that will lead to her own fading from time because even with the after credits scene does anyone really think that Anna will grow up knowing something from her time travel/dimensional adventure, I would think not.

Well, it's bad writing, but elizabeth was supposed to be miserable, even though she didn't act like it. She told Booker to kill her if the songbird ever took her back. So, she wasn't losing much by eliminating herself from the timeline.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.