Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

The save game model was this game's biggest flaw

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

Unless I missed something and there's a way to manually save your game. Yesterday I lost about fifteen minutes of progress because I got stuck in a firefight and didn't have time to run and find a checkpoint before I had to leave for work. And there were two or three times last night when I was beating the game that I wanted to take an hour or so break and turn the system off, only to find out that the most recent save was 25 minutes from the time I was trying to quit.

It seems pretty..."irrational" to me that these guys didn't clock any major QA sessions, glance at the clock and see they only have five minutes left in their workday and go to quit the game only to find that their clock says "4:55PM" and their game says "4:29:13 PM". I didn't know any games that saved like this still existed...is this a PC thing because of save states, or just a total oversight for consoles? Or did I miss something?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I agree. Even a temporary save that's deleted as soon as it's loaded would be a better system than the one currently in place. I haven't lost that much time to loading up from an unexpectedly earlier checkpoint but it's an annoyance in what's otherwise a bang-up game.

As a bit of a temporary workaround, the game displays the timestamp of the most recent checkpoint when you select Quit to Desktop (not sure if this is present in the console versions) so you can eyeball the current time and see approximately how far back your autosave it.

@nodima said:

It seems pretty..."irrational" to me

Nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.