Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

The pistol is gone.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I have played through Bioshock many times. I started it up today to play a new game and when I got to where you get your first gun the pistol(in the baby stroller) it was not there. There is a piece of pipe instead. Am I missing something here?

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nasp

i just played and beat bioshock a week or so ago and the pistol was still there.has to be a glitch,so im wondering how that happened.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is mostly just a random guess, but maybe some of the weapon placements are different on higher difficulties?

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Its possible the pistol physic glitch and flung out of the stroller at some point and you didn't see it.

At the same time, I think I remember one time where it wasn't in the stroller either. But I've played that beginning section because of the demo so many damn times I don't actually know if it happened or not.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

I mean, maybe an explosion, or an NPC brushing up against it knocked it somewhere? It's possible, I guess.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obama clearly took it away.

xPolyMorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you increase the difficulty? It's likely that there isn't a pistol in there on higher difficulties.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I also just finished this game recently and I'm betting that physics knocked it away.

In any case, that's not very far into the game so if you just can't find it or another one nearby, restarting it won't be a big deal.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Corevi
    @believer258 said:

In any case, that's not very far into the game so if you just can't find it or another one nearby, restarting it won't be a big deal.

You can also just reload your last save, that's a feature this game has.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

You can also just reload your last save, that's a feature this game has.

You can also save wherever the hell you want.

Everything also has physics and throwing shit around with the gravy handgun was awesome. Its so dissapointing games got away from physics and everything is just static and shadows are baked in

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Corevi

Everything also has physics and throwing shit around with the gravy handgun was awesome. Its so dissapointing games got away from physics and everything is just static and shadows are baked in

Games have more physics objects now than ever, you just don't notice it because you're used to it.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Legion_

Fuck man, now I want to play Bioshock again. Damn that game is good.

On a side note, Borderlands 2 is way better when playing as Zero instead of Axton. Seriously, Axton sucks. I just had to say this because I just picked up Borderlands 2 again. And now it's awesome. This is so off topic.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no way the pistol was knocked away. In the pistols place was a piece of pipe with an on/off valve the looked very much like the pistol. I have played through and beaten this game many times. The pistol is always in the baby stroller even on hard mode. This is just not making any sense.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.