Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioWare

Company »

BioWare is a game company that is currently owned by Electronic Arts (EA). It specializes in making role playing games that usually involve deep and engaging stories.

Biowares VGA game trailer?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

Sorry if this has already been posted, had a gander through the forums and saw nothing, and similar topics is coming up blank so , whatevs. 

It's known that Biowares next game was due to be showcased at the VGA's - however it appears Kotaku already has a trailer and screenshot of it now 

Now i cant give any commentary as the video is not available in my country (cheers england!) however someone else might be able to read into it and inform the rest of us limeys as to what it looks like 

EDIT :-    mfpantst    just noticed a link to the non regional blocked version of the video has been put up at the bottom of the kotaku article -  http://kotaku.com/5692132/a-glimpse-at-biowares-next-game 

After seeing the trailer myself I feel a little mislead that it's actually an advert for the damn tv show (if i had known thats what it was i probably would not have made this post )so apologies to anyone else caught in the 'tarp' 

However we've now seen a few frames from the new game in advance! urmmm, get hype?!

Because right now, all we have is this screenshot - again if this is old news already then feel free to tell me and well get a mod to lock this up - i just havent seen any other info on this yet and i am very curious!

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mfpantst

idk.  love bioware and that looks nice.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phrosnite

Video not available in your country!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @phrosnite said:
    " Video not available in your country! "
    Its annoying you have to wait through the adverts to find that out, got all excited after the advert, only to be told i cant see it - curses!!! 

In my heart of hearts though, just from that screenshot, im kind of hoping they are doing an Alpha Protocol type of game, i loved that game so much and genuinely think with the level of polish that Bioware applies to games, a game in that mold would be sweet! 

But this is coming from someone who cant see the video!
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scarace360

Hold on there making crysis?

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mfpantst
    @OmegaPirate: FYI the video actually shows little more than the screenshot.  Also kotaku has a region free vid up in their post.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @mfpantst said:
    " @OmegaPirate: FYI the video actually shows little more than the screenshot.  Also kotaku has a region free vid up in their post. "
    You win my favourite person of the day - award, little sad to hear theres not much in the video though :(
    LlamaLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By LlamaLlama

You know you're a Bioware fan when you get excited over pretty much two frames of new footage
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By phrosnite

Man, I thought Bioware were going to mine Mass Effect and Dragon Age, not to mention The Old Republic. A brand new game? Bioware have become HUGE!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By BeachThunder
    @scarace360 said:
    " Hold on there making crysis? "
    Crysis RPG :o
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @BeachThunder said:
    " @scarace360 said:
    Crysis RPG :o "
    Well, EA does deal with Crysis, and the Console versions of Biowares Games.... 

Nah, that seems TOO ridiculous.... 

:3
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mfpantst

As long as its bloody and following this odd shooter/rpg hybrid, I'm almost certainly in for a dozen.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hitchenson

Soap MacTavish is now in Gears of War, eh? 

No Caption Provided
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BeachThunder
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    " @scarace360 said:
    Well, EA does deal with Crysis, and the Console versions of Biowares Games....  Nah, that seems TOO ridiculous....  :3 "
    No, no it must be true...!

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By scarace360
    @BeachThunder said:
    " @OmegaPirate said:
    " @BeachThunder said:
    " @scarace360 said:
    Well, EA does deal with Crysis, and the Console versions of Biowares Games....  Nah, that seems TOO ridiculous....  :3 "
    No, no it must be true...!
      "
    Its real. That would be crazy. And you find out at the end of the game that the aliens where sent by sheperd.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The little bit of video there kind of reminded me of some of the grittier areas of Mass Effect 2.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @Hitchenson said:
    " Soap MacTavish is now in Gears of War, eh? 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Ahh, you mean Sev from killzone? 

No Caption Provided
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fjordson

Mass Effect prequel FPS.

J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By J0n3s1

If that pic has anything to do with the new game it won't be a new Mass Effect game.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By the8bitNacho

Does anyone else feel like BioWare is maybe spreading themselves a bit thin? I mean, they're working on their MMO, Mass Effect 3, and a second Dragon Age already. Maybe I'm just underestimating the studio's size and influence.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BeachThunder

It's 2192, Earth is in Ruins from the "Great Global War", the majority of humans are now dead or living in colonies on the Moon. However, there's still a relatively small amount of humans left on Earth, those who are tasked with getting the planet back to a livable state - The Rebuilders. The 'Unknowns' have been patiently waiting for humans to vacate Earth and they believe that now is their chance to finally take over (they are unaware of the Rebuilders still on Earth). You play Rebuilder Alpha, the leader of the Rebuilders (you may customise this character's appearance, gender, name and other stats), your mission is to ensure that the Unknowns do not take over Earth.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @BeachThunder said:
    " It's 2192, Earth is in Ruins from the "Great Global War", the majority of humans are now dead or living in colonies on the Moon. However, there's still a relatively small amount of humans left on Earth, those who are tasked with getting the planet back to a livable state - The Rebuilders. The 'Unknowns' have been patiently waiting for humans to vacate Earth and they believe that now is their chance to finally take over (they are unaware of the Rebuilders still on Earth). You play Rebuilder Alpha, the leader of the Rebuilders (you may customise this character's appearance, gender, name and other stats), your mission is to ensure that the Unknowns do not take over Earth. "
    Is that the official blurb for it?!
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BeachThunder
    @OmegaPirate: No, that's just me making shit up D:
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By luce
    @BeachThunder:   

Goddammit thunder
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @BeachThunder said:
    " @OmegaPirate: No, that's just me making shit up D: "
    xD
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By benjaebe

It's most definitely Mass Effect 3. Found this posted on Joystiq: 

Update: The sharp eyes of commenter Arth Vader picked up that the gun in the pic is either the M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle from the Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack or a reused asset. If it is the M-29, it would imply the game will be Mass Effect related.

Update 2: EA stated last February that something "far-reaching" was coming to Mass Effect in EA's Q4 fiscal 2010, which is between January 1 and March 31 of 2011.

Update 3: Okay, now things are just getting nerdy. BioWare blasted out the adjacent QR code on Twitter which, when decoded, reads: 001101010011010100101110001110000011010000110101. When converted from binary (we told you: nerdy) it reads: 55.845. Of course, as everyone knows, 55.845 is the atomic mass of iron. Maybe the presence of the word "mass" in our findings isn't quite enough to go on, but we're sure you'll agree that the presence of the word "mass" coupled with a piece of fan fiction titled Mass Effect: Iron Rebirth is practically a smoking M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle.

Update 4: And another QR code has been loosed upon the unsuspecting people of Twitter. This one translates into some binary which then translates into: 128.5°F. Converted to Celsius, that becomes -89.16666666666667 Celsius. "The coldest temperature ever recorded on earth is -89.2 degrees Celsius (-128.5 degrees Fahrenheit) at Vostok, Antarctica on July 21, 1983," says Wikipedia. This Mass Effect wiki page details Vostok, a "a medium system with four planets and an asteroid belt." The Soviet "Vostok Program" resulted in the first manned space flight. Oh, and that asteroid belt it mentions? The wiki page lists it as a "metal-rich asteroid." You know what else is metal? That's right, iron!

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Dany

Fuck yes!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Azteck

Can't see it in my country.

In other words, fuck the people hosting the video.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I really, really hope it is ME3. Hopefully all that binary stuff turns out to be what the author thought it was!

___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ___pocalypse

Did you guys see Bioware's tweets? They posted little barcodes that could be scanned, this article seems to think they indicate Earth. 

Joystiq has an even more comprehensive article on it: 
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/17/bioware-revealing-new-project-at-vgas-on-december-11/    

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OmegaPirate

Or maybe not? 

Some clever guys on Rock Paper Shotgun appear to have figured out another route. 

[www.rockpapershotgun.com] 

The code gives you the... Well, I'll just quote them on it. Thanks RPS. 

"Decoding that we’re left with 55.845, which is, as you’ll all be shouting at your monitor, the atomic weight of iron. And iron makes steel. And steel is a word in "Shattered Steel". And Shattered Steel is a 1996 BIOWARE GAME ABOUT BATTLING MECHS.     

Seems a bit of a stretch, however it DOES have a bioware link to it? god knows how this will turn out xD

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Skald

Would steel, an iron alloy, shatter at the lowest temperature on earth? I imagine it would. If EA hadn't promised a Mass Effect spin-off due for next year at its last earnings call, I would totally go out on a limb and say this sounds like a reboot of Shattered Steel.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @extremeradical said:
    " Would steel, an iron alloy, shatter at the lowest temperature on earth? I imagine it would. If EA hadn't promised a Mass Effect spin-off due for next year at its last earnings call, I would totally go out on a limb and say this sounds like a reboot of Shattered Steel. "
    Yeah, i highly doubt it's ME3 at this point, however the spin off you mentioned pretty much makes it seem like this has to be ME related (whether an assassins creed :brotherhood type thing, or the multiplayer focused one)  
    However shattered steel seems like the dark horse in this, and i would really be intrigued to see a modern bioware mech game
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Skald
    @OmegaPirate said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    " Would steel, an iron alloy, shatter at the lowest temperature on earth? I imagine it would. If EA hadn't promised a Mass Effect spin-off due for next year at its last earnings call, I would totally go out on a limb and say this sounds like a reboot of Shattered Steel. "
    Yeah, i highly doubt it's ME3 at this point, however the spin off you mentioned pretty much makes it seem like this has to be ME related (whether an assassins creed :brotherhood type thing, or the multiplayer focused one)  However shattered steel seems like the dark horse in this, and i would really be intrigued to see a modern bioware mech game "
    Shattered Steel seems very unlikely, but it could happen. And as for Mass Effect 3: we already know its in active development, and this doesn't really look like Mass Effect 2 anyway. Ergo, a spin-off, something from their back catalog, or something completely new. 

And if it is the start of a new series (unlikely, they're taking on as much as Blizzard is at this point, and Blizzard is huge) then all this speculation is for naught.
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
    @BeachThunder:
    Oh god dammit. You had me exicted there for a moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.