Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Black Prophecy

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 13, 2011

A free-to-play massively multiplayer online space-sim. Able to support instances of up to 300 players simultaneously, Black Prophecy is built around the concept of large scale fleet engagements.

Black prophecy live.

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Davvyk

So now black prophecy is live what do people think? I have played a fair amount and like it quite a bit. think they made the right choice going subscription free however as the level of polish isn't there yet.

If anyone isn't aware of black prophecy I've made a short gameplay video at the link below. Apologies for the lack of hyperlink, I'm posting from mobile.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v;=R-uDvoj4cYg

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By demonbear

I'm going to give it a shot, I want a good sci fi game like that for a long time now.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I have two beta codes for this game. 

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By demonbear
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " I have two beta codes for this game.  "
    I'll take one! :D
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @demonbear said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" I have two beta codes for this game.  "

I'll take one! :D "
    Its for U.S servers. If you still want it I can give it to ya but I am heading to bed.

They are quite easy to get. Just sign up on their website. And thats it. 
    Was just reading the page about the game. Whoever wrote that page must not know about Eve " A mmo like no other" Because of 300 people on a server? Eve only has one server..well..aside from the China or what ever server. 
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I tried it as well and while it is anything but a bad game, I'm just not feeling it. To be fair, I only played about an hour or 2, but what I did play was just 'meh.' If anyone out there is looking for a space MMO that's not Eve then by all means, give this a shot, but IMO it's just not anything special.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By demonbear

Well i'm in the beta now, so far I like it, its closer to freelancer than I thought, simple controls, quick movements, fast paced combat. Everything Eve Online is not, it seems. And its really beautiful to look at for a space sim game, lots of colors and shades.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @demonbear said:
    " Well i'm in the beta now, so far I like it, its closer to freelancer than I thought, simple controls, quick movements, fast paced combat. Everything Eve Online is not, it seems. And its really beautiful to look at for a space sim game, lots of colors and shades. "
    Eve online has quick movement and ships. 
    demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By demonbear
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @demonbear said:
    " Well i'm in the beta now, so far I like it, its closer to freelancer than I thought, simple controls, quick movements, fast paced combat. Everything Eve Online is not, it seems. And its really beautiful to look at for a space sim game, lots of colors and shades. "
    Eve online has quick movement and ships.  "
    Like  Yahtzee said once, EVE Online is an Excel Spreadsheet in space, nothing more.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @demonbear said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @demonbear said:
    Eve online has quick movement and ships.  "
    Like  Yahtzee said once, EVE Online is an Excel Spreadsheet in space, nothing more. "
    It is not. Not at all dude. I played long enough to get a carrier. And I had lots of super small and super fast ships. You need to get used to the controls but they can be very quick movements. And Yahtzee is more or less popular because he slams on games and says stuff like that (Im the one who updates his page with new videos!) 
    Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By NoCookiesForYou
    @demonbear said:
    Yeah, very Freelancer -like game. I've played it for 2 weeks, there's some good stuff in that game. Graphics look real nice, when you're flying in a frozen asteroid field and you shoot your lasers, as the laser passes a frozen asteroid you can see heat reflection(?) on that asteroid. Black Prophecy seems to have a slow start but thankfully it speeds up a bit after the training. I know it's an MMO, but god damn it, there's a lot of grinding in that game. "Go kill 20 specific enemies" OK Done "Go kill 50 more" *Phew* Done, what now? "Go kill 100 more of that same type of enemy" FUUUU.....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.