Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodborne

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An action role playing game by FromSoftware, marking the studio's debut on the PlayStation 4. It shares creative roots, as well as gameplay elements, with the Souls series.

What are the glowing skeletons supposed to be?

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Giant_Gamer

This is my second run through the game and i still couldn't figure out what are they (the glowing skeletons in the unseen village) supposed to be. I just can't stop but wonder if they are supposed to be giving the player a hint of some sort. When i observed them i noticed two things (a three of them are facing the red moon besides one b) the craters on the ground below the skeletons looks a lot like the craters below the baths/portals.

So what i think is if certain conditions are met those baths might end up taking the player to a different place, like the one before the gate that is leading to unseen village.

Any thoughts?

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Strife777

Glowing skeletons? Are you talking about the messengers?

Edit: oh nevermind, I looked up what you were talking about. I don't think anybody knows what they're for yet, if anything.

AngryHobo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possible minor spoilers ahead if you haven't finished the game yet...

I believe that it's evidence of the cult or whatever it is making sacrifices to the Moon Presence. There was a note if somewhere (I think) that talked about wicked men trying to bring down the moon or some shit. Also considering what lives in the moon the skeletons on fire may just be a piece of lore showing ritual sacrifice to the villagers "god".

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm not sure what they're for either. I know you can get enemies to absorb the fire on them so you can walk up to them, but that's it.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I put them out by healing standing next to them and nothing happened. I also did this with the crown/cage and that did the exactly same nothing!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you stand next to them and let them damage you three times, they eventually go out also. And you absorb a mist like you are gaining blood echos.

Also you can lure the big blob things into them and they take massive amounts of damage from them.

I don't think they have any special use other than just to fill parts of the lore.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Giant_Gamer

I keep telling myself that this is it for the game and nothing else is left to be discovered but i keep finding things like these skeletons, the locked door and the closed hatch. Then, i say to myself well maybe there's a secret in the game that have been left out .

@sterling: @valjean9430: This might actually lead to something i'll check to see if what the character absorbs have any effects on its stats.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assumed they were just there to lure the Nito looking enemies into them in order to damage them a bit.

Unless this is more of a lore question, then I have nothing to add.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, my character didn't absorb anything. It just receives three hits then the glow dies out. The same can be said to the enemies they all receive three hits then the glow dies out. This is most likely FS idea for causing environmental damage.

@jjbsterling: No this a general question, everyone is free to tell us their view about them.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@giant_gamer: I'm actually really curious what it is you guys are talking. I'm on NG+ and for the love of me I can't remember anything that resembled a "glowing skeleton" ??

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@humanity: It's on that big road right before The One Reborn. Those glowy guys in the glowy circles near the big skeleton mess monster things that have carts for butts (I think).

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@giant_gamer: I'm actually really curious what it is you guys are talking. I'm on NG+ and for the love of me I can't remember anything that resembled a "glowing skeleton" ??

At the bottom of the Unseen Village/Chapel area before you face The One Reborn, there are a couple kneeling skeletons that look like they're burning with white fire. They hurt if you touch them.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Humanity

@spoonman671: @mooseymcman: Oh this kind of explains it. I used the water basin to teleport to a place that led me directly to that boss fight bypassing the entire area pretty much so I guess I missed them. I'm there now in NG+ so I'll explore a bit more.

Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's a stretch but I had made a connection between the pool that lets you teleport in that area and the guys kneeling in little craters washed in glowy light and burning. It just seemed to me like they were somehow related. I had found the pool and it prompted me to interact with it but I was hesitant to do so and continued exploring. I wondered if maybe those other guys had found similar pools but they were traps. When I eventually interacted with the pool and teleported I thought maybe it is an imprecise science so those guys got spit out somewhere they shouldn't have and died or they were lacking some quality (an item or faith) and so the device didn't work for them.

That may not have anything to do with why they are there but it made some amount of sense to me so that's the story I'm telling myself. If lore ever becomes available that explains it that's cool, but in my mind it was a teleporter mishap.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are probably just sacrifices. Remember when you first get to unseen village (maybe depending...) it is populated by those kidnappers. When you get there later in the game they are all dead..... So I suspect it is either them sacrificing themselves or various people they kidnapped and used as sacrifices. Again remember it happens between unseen village opening to begin with and you killing Rom cause they aren't there in the town before Rom is downed.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Turambar

@karkarov said:

They are probably just sacrifices. Remember when you first get to unseen village (maybe depending...) it is populated by those kidnappers. When you get there later in the game they are all dead..... So I suspect it is either them sacrificing themselves or various people they kidnapped and used as sacrifices. Again remember it happens between unseen village opening to begin with and you killing Rom cause they aren't there in the town before Rom is downed.

The kidnappers show up once Blood Starved Beast is killed. But yes, it is most likely the bodies of the kidnapped being used as sacrifices. The first time you end up there, even before killing Amelia, there are developer set messages around that area talking about sinister rituals using the cry of newborns to beckon the moon.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordukai

I am pretty sure Miyazaki put them in there just to fuck with players and they mean absolutely nothing. Much like the infamous Pendant from Dark Souls.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: Bloodborne has its own pendant .It's called Yharnam Stone

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@mordukai said:

@giant_gamer: Or the Shining Coins. Take your pick.

The Yharnam Stone is Bloodborne's pendant. The Shining Coins are this game's Prism Stone and they are extremely useful in the Chalice Dungeons. I use them to mark the areas I've already been in or the places I still need to explore.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: The shining coins to me are utterly useless. I have yet to find myself lost, in the game or the chalice dungeons.The Yharnam Stone is at least a token of accomplishment for beating Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen.

The pendant was even more of a mind fuckry because of the significance of it being one of the starting gift.

On any case it's a rather a moot point as I was only using the pendant as an example of how Miyazaki likes to fuck with gamers by making them think something has a meaning.

Yioishi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Yioishi

I think I've found one purpose of these skeletons. I'm specced at nothing but skill, so I tried running by those plant (???) things which are made up from heads and limbs and it ran after me, getting trapped in that crater-like thing wherein the skeletons stand and it got a severe amount of damage, at least 70-75%.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.