Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Looking to play BL2 again... but not alone! Join up?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I'm looking to play Borderlands 2 again. But the times of playing that game solo are done for me. I'm looking for some people that are also interested in playing it a bunch, it's more fun that way. I don't know if there is any interest for this at all, but if it turns out there is lots, then I'll create multiple groups so people can keep playing.

And if there are a lot of people interested, then I'll segregate by preferred class and weapon types. While you totally can play the game with four of the same class, it's more fun to have some diversity. While everyone can use the same weapon types, it's better for ammo and loot purposes if everyone has a different default.

So, by that, sound off if you would like to play! List your preferred character(s) and weapon types.

I can play on both PC or PS4. I prefer either Assassin or Siren. In the case of the former, I like Sniper Rifles and pistols. In the case of the latter I like SMG's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm in. I bought The Handsome Collection (PS4) a while ago. I haven't touched it because I've been wanting to play multiplayer, but my gaming friends played it back on 360. I don't know the classes but I'm fine with playing whatever they call their assault rifle character.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: Cool. It's pretty simple. Assassin's skill is to disappear from sight for 5 seconds. He's good at sniping, stealth and melee. Commando's skill is to deploy a turret that shoots stuff for you. He's good at machine gunning, using his turret, explosives and survivability. Siren's skill is to phaselock enemies in place. She's good at healing herself and the party, controlling the battlefield and dealing elemental damage. Gunzerker's skill is to dual wield any two weapons. He's good at shooting guns forever and tanking. Mechromancer is strong at solo play, she can summon a powerful robot to help her. Psycho's skill is to summon an axe and deal heavy melee damage. He's good at dealing elemental fire damage, melee and boosting his attack in several ways.

I would kind of stay away from both Mechromancer and Psycho. Mechromancer isn't great for multiplayer since her robot kills everything too easily. Psycho is a bit more advanced to use as a first character. His entire thing is to almost die so several boosts trigger and you can deal massive damage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Wow, a few more classes compared to 1. I'm fine with playing whatever works well with other player's classes.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: There are four basic ones, but they added two more later. You can play as any of them though, especially for a first run it doesn't matter too much. Play what sounds most enjoyable to you.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I'd suggest using the game scheduling features of the PS4 to make things easier.

I think I'm going to try to join you. As I often say, Borderlands 2 is tied with Mass Effect 2 for my favorite game of the last console generation. I would have to re-install the game, though I do still have my character saves. Other than the head-hunter packs, I've seen it all, so I wouldn't mind either power-leveling or being considerably overpowered, depending on when I could play and what character I played. I'd likely want to go with a siren or gunzerker.

I have a siren at 31, mechromancer at 19, and gunzerker at 8. I'm fine with most weapons, but my favorites are SMGs, assault rifles, and pistols. Hyperion shotguns can also be a lot of fun.

For anyone who hasn't picked a class, here are my opinions of each:

Soldier - Basic all-around class. Great for people who don't want to worry about using their ability all that often (powerful, but it has a long cooldown) and would rather just shoot things. Probably the second highest DPS after the Gunzerker.

Assassin - Most non-end tier skills aren't very fun or different, so it takes a long while to feel very different from when you started. A fun character, but still probably my least favorite.

Gunzerker - Team ammo regen and arguably the highest DPS potential make him great for any team. Can feel a little dull if you'd rather kill things with super powers and not guns, but if you like guns, he's your guy.

Siren - Not super powerful, but a great team player, and fantastic for non-boss fights. Very fun AOE attacks, crowd control, and DOT abilities.

Mechromancer - The best solo class, and a must for anyone who enjoys using electricity. Her ability looses usefulness with every added party member, because it will be harder to keep her "pet" alive. You can always spec into her non-pet trees, though.

Psycho - Never tried him. The idea of needing to take damage to do more damage never appealed to me.

I'll also include this from another thread, since it's really easy to just stumble onto the DLC in the handsome collection without being ready for it. Basically, you can fast travel to any DLC in the game after only playing for an hour or two. You shouldn't, though. You should play them after the main game, and in order:

For anyone just getting started with the game and its add-ons, I'd recommend using this guide to exploring the DLC:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/31o97v/how_do_i_play_the_dlc_on_the_handsome_collection/

In Borderlands 2, there are 4 main campaign DLC's. These all contain new areas with a few story missions and some sidequests:

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty: Starting area 'Oasis'. Seperate campaign from the main game, no real spoilers for the main game story.

Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage: Starting area 'Badass crater of badassitude'. Again, seperate campaign from the main game, no real spoilers for the main game story.

Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt: Starting area 'Hunter's Grotto'. Fairly small campaign, but with a decent amount of sidequests. Contains some spoilers for the main game so you should definately complete the main game before starting this one.

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: Starting area 'Unassuming docks'. Pretty big campaign (personal favorite) with BIG spoilers for the main game.

Next for Borderlands 2 are the Headhunter packs. These are all fairly short but feature a boss at the end that can be farmed over and over again for some decent loot:

T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest: Starting area 'Hallowed Hallow'. Halloween HH pack.

The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler: Starting area 'Gluttony Gulch'. Thanksgiving HH pack.

How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day: Starting area 'Marcus's Mercenary shop'. Christmas HH pack.

Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre: Starting area 'Rotgut Distillery'. Valentine's HH pack.

Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax: Starting area 'Wam Bam Island'. This HH pack contains a lot of references to BL1 that you probably won't understand if you haven't played BL1, but it's fun to play nonetheless and features a cool boss at the end.

Other DLC:

Creature Slaughter Dome: You've probably ran into this without knowing it was DLC, but it's the arena found in the Wildlife exploitation preserve. It was DLC for the original BL2 so I thought I'd mention it.

Digistruct Peak Challenge: Starting area 'Digistruct Peak'. An area with a 'challenge' to beat the peak without dying. This area is mostly used to increase your level after you reach level 72. When you complete the course at level 72, you get to overpower level 1. You then restart the game at overpower level 1, complete the course (which gets slightly harder), and unlock overpower level 2. This keeps going untill overpower level 8, which essentially gives you level 80 equipment, although your character (skill points, etc.) will still be as if you were level 72.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Totally down for the PS4 version, but I had to put a hold on Plus for the month. Come February, though, I'm in.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @shagge said:

Totally down for the PS4 version, but I had to put a hold on Plus for the month. Come February, though, I'm in.

Have you completed the main campaign yet? If so, I can't imagine burning through the main quest in less than a month, so if this gets off the ground, I'm sure you could pickup in February with a level 31-ish character. Probably won't even be that far by then. It's a big, big game.

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=24166

I'm downloading the update now. Speaking as someone who played Borderlands 2 + DLC in a regular group, there's no better way to experience this game. I look forward to doing it again on a current gen console.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@spaceinsomniac: Yeah, I've got a post-game Siren. She's overleveled, though.

But yeah, I should be able to catch up to you guys without a problem with a new character if I start tomorrow. Could also start a Mechromancer so I can keep up if I'm behind a bit.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Chose it when I was young and inebriated and am now super embarrassed by it: JohnnyHalo666.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.