Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 24, 2015

An enhanced remaster of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for PS4 and Xbox One including a new 4-player splitscreen mode for consoles.

Keys to the left of me, Tokens to the right

theticktockman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theticktockman

So I was trying out the Handsome Collection at my brother's place, seeing if I could be drawn back in on the new consoles. I start up a new character (Zer0) under my PSN and realize pretty quickly something weird is going on.

I started the game with 74 Golden Keys and exactly 5000 badass rank, with however many tokens would be awarded from that (130-140ish can't remember). Now I know people were hacking Borderlands 2 all over the place. I personally saw a guy one-shot Crawmerax with this crazy hacked pistol. But I didn't think there even WAS a way to dupe Golden Keys, and more to the point, I know I didn't mess around with any of that technical hoo-doo. I also never did any of that Shift stuff that supplied/supplies the keys.

Anyone else experience this/know why this would happen? Not really complaining, its just really weird. I've since picked up the game myself and everything else seems fine with my profile, except since downloading my profile from online storage, I now somehow have 19958 Badass Rank. I am very confused.

(This is my first post ever by the way, hopefully I posted in the right forum)

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Did you play Borderlands 2 on PS3? Not sure if it works like this but it might have pulled your save over since Badass Rank and Keys go across characters.

As for hacking, it's what ruined MP in Borderlands for me. I want a challenge when I join a team to take on a boss. Without fail there was always someone who had fucked with their stats so they can kill anything in half a second.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

They have a legacy program in place, did you transfer your save from PS3 Borderlands? It brings over your badass rank and gives you a bunch of free golden keys.

theticktockman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archer88: @getz: I did play Borderlands 2 on the PS3, but I haven't had that system or that save file for a long time, so I definently didn't actively upload anything. I guess it could be a legacy thing? It just seems like A LOT of Golden Keys when I never bought the DLC and only played through the game once. I guess that kind of information could have been saved on the Borderlands servers, I just didn't think it saved that kind of information, or that it would reach cross-generation like that.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cloud save?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So I was trying out the Handsome Collection at my brother's place, seeing if I could be drawn back in on the new consoles. I start up a new character (Zer0) under my PSN and realize pretty quickly something weird is going on.

I started the game with 74 Golden Keys and exactly 5000 badass rank, with however many tokens would be awarded from that (130-140ish can't remember). Now I know people were hacking Borderlands 2 all over the place. I personally saw a guy one-shot Crawmerax with this crazy hacked pistol. But I didn't think there even WAS a way to dupe Golden Keys, and more to the point, I know I didn't mess around with any of that technical hoo-doo. I also never did any of that Shift stuff that supplied/supplies the keys.

Anyone else experience this/know why this would happen? Not really complaining, its just really weird. I've since picked up the game myself and everything else seems fine with my profile, except since downloading my profile from online storage, I now somehow have 19958 Badass Rank. I am very confused.

(This is my first post ever by the way, hopefully I posted in the right forum)

If you still had your game save when the handsome collection was released, you could transfer your PS3 saves and use them on the PS4 version. On top of that, if the PS4 version detects that you had ever played the game on PS3--I think it just looks at your history--you start with 75 keys and 5000 badass rank.

You'll also get the same bonus when you start the pre-sequel, even if you've only ever played Borderlands 2 on PS3. It's completely intentional, and nothing is wrong with your game.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just came here to say that the title of this thread is pretty great.

That said, I have nothing to say about the subject at hand.

Carry on!

theticktockman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By theticktockman

@spaceinsomniac: Thanks!

Also this forum rules, I'll definently be on here more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.