Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

DLC

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TeamJersey

Is anyone here interested getting the new DLC,  Claptrap's New Robot Revolution?  I must say that I really expected after everything Gearbox said, that they were done with Borderlands.   I suppose not.  It seems with the onset of a new level cap, a bunch of new bad guys and loot, I just may get sucked back into the wasteland.  Anyone else? 

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it just seems out of place.  IMO, Knoxx came out a long time after the release of BL, but I still got suckered into it.  However, Knoxx seemed to have allthe makings of a final piece of DLC.   I don't know if I'm honestly interested in BL anymore.   

Also,won't the new level cap render Crawmeraxx useless?

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TeamJersey
    @InfamousBIG:  I will still probably get it.  I am not sure if it will or not.  Crawmerax was so devilishly hard ( Gearbox just recently announced less than 1% of players actually beat him!) and was capped at level 64...who knows?  Since they are going to have to adjust difficulty levels for all in game enemies, maybe they will adjust his as well.  Although that would just be cruel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TeamJersey:  
    Whoa, less than 1%?  For real?  That's fucking crazy.  Once you hit cap and have a pearlescent or two, I was able to beat him with just one other person, and almost beat him solo. 
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I'd love to wrap up Borderlands - finish Knoxx and Moxxi and even get this new DLC - but the timing is just all off. 
    DLC for a game I haven't touched in months comes out the same day as DLC for RDR (which packs in a ton of content), but more importantly comes out the same day as Dead Rising 2, for which I have been waiting years. And to add to their trouble it comes out around the same time as Reach (I think? I don't know, not really following it). Gonna be hard times for sales on this thing.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By daiphyer

I'm gonna be getting it. As long as it has some environment variety.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TeamJersey
    @InfamousBIG:   Yeah, no shit.  I thought he was impossible, but after a few tries, me and some friends took him down.  This is a quote from the IGN article, " Though there won't be any new raid bosses on the level of difficulty of Crawmerax (who coincidentally Gearbox mentioned less than one percent of players had actually defeated), there will be a number of new bosses as well as returning ones."

Crazy madness.
    TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TeamJersey
    @Daiphyer:   Quote from that same article, "  The area of Tartarus Station serves as your primary hub, and from there you'll be able to pick up on quest chains that lead you throughout all the new areas, and there'll be plenty of side quests to dig into along the way. Some of the new zones include large subterranean spaces and more familiar looking expanses of rocky terrain. Populating these zones will be new soldiers carrying large, medieval looking shields as well as plenty of new enemy types, many of which seem to be returning enemies that have been 'claptrapified'. Basically this means enemies have been turned into cyborg like creatures with various electrical modules sticking out of their heads and bodies. "

I don't know if that is a help or a hindrance to you, but there it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TeamJersey: Yea, I remember first time I fought Craw.  Jumped up right as one of those maggot things charged at me, got launched 1000 feet into the air, and went completely flying off the edge of the  cliff without firing one shot.   

I was like...oh fuck.
    TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TeamJersey
    @SteamPunkJin:   I think it's biggest problem is the fact that is releases on the same day that Reach comes out., the 14th.   To me, that just seems like a foolish bit of marketing on Gearbox's part, but they are reaching a niche audience, so who knows?  Dead Rising 2 comes out on the 28th, which I am totally pumped about. 
    TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TeamJersey
    @InfamousBIG:   Yeah the first time I fought him was with a group of 4 and him and his maggots literally bitch slapped us all into oblivion in about 3 minutes.  And we were all level capped at the time.  I didn't think beating him was possible.  He got his, though. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TeamJersey:  Yeah, finally killing him and seeing all that fucking beautiful loot drop was like a dream come goddamn true.  My first thought  was "Man, this is how the ending to the original BL should have been like."
    Casshern1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Casshern1981

YES i am getting this DLC, i loved almost all the DLC packs Gearbox released so far (but i didn't like Moxi's) 

My favourite DLC so far has to be Knoxx :-)

Pocky4Th3Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pocky4Th3Win

Is there a date for it yet?

Avisole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Avisole
    @TeamJersey said:
    " Is anyone here interested getting the new DLC,  Claptrap's New Robot Revolution?  I must say that I really expected after everything Gearbox said, that they were done with Borderlands.   I suppose not.  It seems with the onset of a new level cap, a bunch of new bad guys and loot, I just may get sucked back into the wasteland.  Anyone else?  "
    Haven't they said multiple times that they planned on another DLC?  I don't see why you expected them to be done with it.
    Casshern1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Casshern1981
    @Pocky4Th3Win: September 28th
    TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TeamJersey

No, when Randy Pitchford announced The Armory of General Knoxx, Gearbox claimed that was it for Borderlands. 

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I'm absolutely getting it.. I still play BL regularly and I couldn't be more excited for it. Apparently it's even bigger than Knoxx was, at least in scale. Can't wait to see all the cool shit they put in there.  And the free patch is what's going to be adding the new level cap, as well as rescaling the game, so Crawmerax will still be just as fucking ridiculous as it was before.

@InfamousBIG: Haha, that's exactly what happened to me. I was alive for about 10 seconds before being flung off that ledge. All I thought was "...what the FUCK was that?!" I didn't even get a good look at Crawmerax until about my third or fourth attempt.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TeamJersey

Excuse me, The SECRET Armory of General Knoxx.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TeamJersey

SHIT.  I am so glad I already beat his crustacean ass.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By fugie7

i am going to get it.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By daiphyer
    @TeamJersey said:
    " @Daiphyer:   Quote from that same article, "  The area of Tartarus Station serves as your primary hub, and from there you'll be able to pick up on quest chains that lead you throughout all the new areas, and there'll be plenty of side quests to dig into along the way. Some of the new zones include large subterranean spaces and more familiar looking expanses of rocky terrain. Populating these zones will be new soldiers carrying large, medieval looking shields as well as plenty of new enemy types, many of which seem to be returning enemies that have been 'claptrapified'. Basically this means enemies have been turned into cyborg like creatures with various electrical modules sticking out of their heads and bodies. "  I don't know if that is a help or a hindrance to you, but there it is. "
    Oh well, that's good. I'll get it by the time the level cap increase patch drops. Around early october I think?
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By Driadon

I need more reasons to play Borderlands at the moment, with me being busy as hell at the moment, so EFF YEAH! Especially since the multiplayer for the PC version is, more or less, fixed.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Bouke

It releases next week right? I just bought the Secret Armory and i'm playing through Halo: Reach but when i finish that up; i'll buy it for sure!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.