Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Ending Sets up for a Sequel **Spoilers**

Avatar image for ihaxedallreconcodez
    iHaxedAllReconCodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I have to say the ending was kinda gay but I'm excited now becuase GearBox set it up perfectly for another game. 

All yah have to do it wait another 200 years and you can go back into the vault and just rape everything there and get all the loot.  

But seriously I'm exciteded for a second game whenever it may apear
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jimbo

I think you missed the point.  The vault (Pandora's Box) was just a prison for the squid monster (all evils).  There is no loot - Angel wanted you to be there solely to whoop the shit out of the squid monster (presumably because she knew Atlas + Tannis were going to open it anyway).

Unless something different happens at the end of playthrough 2 (anybody?).

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman
    @Jimbo said:
    "I think you missed the point.  The vault (Pandora's Box) was just a prison for the squid monster (all evils).  There is no loot - Angel wanted you to be there solely to whoop the shit out of the squid monster (presumably because she knew Atlas + Tannis were going to open it anyway).  Unless something different happens at the end of playthrough 2 (anybody?). "

I thought the ending was confusing....not explained very well at all.  But this explanation seems very plausible.  Didn't really think about it that way because of the whole vault legend.  Doesn't exactly set up a sequel much though........but Gearbox'll make one for sure and I'll certainly play it.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@twstdsniper said:
    " noah theres all ready forums dedicated to the sequel, someone lock this forum. "
    I agree we should lock the whole forum down.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Wait, the story confused people? 

How? 

You play a vault hunter.  Angel chick is telling you all this crazy shit.  You find out Tannis, this super crazy bitch on Pandora, has unlocked the secrets of opening the Vault.  Atlas Corp. wants the contents of the Vault.  You get to the Vault.  It's a giant pussy.  You kill the pussy.  Angel chick turns out to be sentient AI controlled from a satellite (like HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey).  Sentient AI turns Claptraps into Interplanatary Ninja Assassins to take over the world. 

End of story.

Avatar image for ihaxedallreconcodez
    iHaxedAllReconCodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187:
    This is the game.... 

But what I'm saying is that Tannis tells you it will open again in another 200 years and you will be able to go in. Maybe there's something in there besides the monster, idk the game doesnt really explain it.
    n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By n00d13z

I hope that you play as the Interplanatary Ninja Assassin and destroy the leaders of other planets! 

Or i guess i could see whats in the vault...
    nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By nick69

I was confused at the end. I thought I was going to get some really badass guns, as that's what they were telling us. Then a squidmonster showed up, you kill it, and then nothing. I thought you would've gone into that special area and pick up some crazy weapons...

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Rhaknar
    @iHaxedAllReconCodez said:
    " @jakob187: This is the game....  But what I'm saying is that Tannis tells you it will open again in another 200 years and you will be able to go in. Maybe there's something in there besides the monster, idk the game doesnt really explain it. "
    there is no vault. how do people not get this? the vault was a legend nothing else
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By End_Boss

I wasn't confused; I don't really understand how anyone is. Sure, there were some things that were left unexplained (for example, the existence of "Angel"), but otherwise it all seemed pretty straightforward: what was in the Vault was not what you expected. That tends to happen when things have been forgotten about for thousands of years. Yes, it was disappointing that there wasn't a veritable treasure trove of loot awaiting you at the end, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#11  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I got the feeling that the "Vault opening" at every two hundred years was a way for the beastie to escape into that world again, meaning that the whole thing was an inevitable cycle and that you were merely beating the thing back for another two hundred years. 

I think the world itself holds enough possibilities to create a few sequels, at least, and that's not counting off-world potential as well.
    whitewolf2435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By whitewolf2435

If they do anything with that part of the story, I hope it's just DLC. I wouldn't want to play another game based around basically the same plot. (But I'd play it anyways because Borderlands kicks ass...)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By napalm

I really didn't pay attention to the specifics of the story, and I can't believe those of you who have played it through are reaming those who are confused. Who honestly payed enough attention to the specifics on the story beyond, "you're a Vault Hunter Mercenary. Find The Vault"? Seriously. I don't understand half the crap that happened, but it's not because it confused me, it's because I didn't give a shit enough about the story to dissect every piece of the story. Half the time the story is given in quick jabs while you're going to a boss fight, and even then not much information is given.

But yeah, the journey of getting to The Vault was the only interesting part of the story that I cared to pay attention to.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

Its not exactly made clear Im pretty sure, whether there is nothing in the vault except that monster, or whether you missed your opportunity and just have to wait another 200 years. Regardless, it was a dumb story..but I cared little about it because the gameplay itself was great, and I am a loot addict.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By rjayb89
    SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SoothsayerGB

What are you guys talking about?  There wasn't any ending.  I'm confused.  I killed Hivemind by standing behind the rock and shooting it's testicle.  Then saw the lady/AI mission update and watched her make claptrap into an even gayer mascot.   

That was the ending?  I thought that was all fake.  I mean, the main boss didn't even drop a decent gun or anything really.  The credits had no music.  That cutscene wasn't even 30 seconds long.  There were no flashy character intro's, like with most of the other baddies. 

I don't know about you guys, but I think that AI is tricking us and keeping the lootzors for herself!!!  Anyway screw this game!  I'm not waiting 200 years for the sequel...

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By ProjektGill

I was hoping for some really cool guns for beating the boss. Up until the final boss battle I had only ever picked up 1 Eridian energy weapon and I was level 38 so I was really hoping for some crazy overpowered guns that I could have fun with and the fact that the drops from the final boss were worse than all of the weapons that I had equipped really disappointed me.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By EnchantedEcho
    @Lydian_Sel said:

" Yeah the story was totally stupid & the ending was the very definition of weak sauce. The only thing that concerns me about a potential sequel is the presence of Scooter as a character. As long as Scooter & his wonderful dialogue make their way into Borderlands 2 I WILL PLAY THAT FUCKING GAME! "

- "This is where the cars live! Get you one!

Anyway, what about Jeff's thing that he found out, at the start of the game you don't have possession of an echo device (The thing that claptrap gives you at the start) yet, the guardian angel thing could talk to you.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Vorbis

Didn't read the quests let alone pay attention to the story, but think I understood what was going on from the Audio reocrdings. 

I will say the Tannis audio recording were great and offering to punch someones dog has become an often occurence between my co-op group.

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hyuzen

Well your main character didn't really do the right thing with the vault key. 
    The person who found the vault was promised wealth, power and women. I just killed a near immortal being and i have a key that could potentially lead to even more untold riches, who wouldn't want a piece of him.

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine
    @EnchantedEcho:

When the network goes down, doesn't she still talk to you, but says she can't keep track of what you are doing?  Cause I thought I remembered her telling you to get it working because she couldn't tell what was going on anymore.
    Spice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spice
    @Atomic_Tangerine: That was my understanding too. She could communicate with you, but couldn't tell where you were.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.