Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

Preorder bonus and £10 off RRP? ;O

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scooper

I'm thinking of preordering this from Play.com. They're usualy the place I buy my games simply because they're usualy a decent margin under the RRP (£44.99 which is already £10 under Mordern Warfare's upped RRP of £54.99) and delivery's free on anything. The last game I preordered was Left 4 Dead and that was because I could download it on Steam and play it the second it was availible.... I'm wondering if this sort of preorder bonus incentifies you to buy before the game's out and all reviews have been published.

Here, just take a look at what they're including.

No Caption Provided

That's:

"Pre-Order Borderlands from Play.com and receive the pre-order exclusive Gearbox Mercenary Weapon Pack. Wreak havoc on the creatures of Pandora with 8 extra weapons: Mordecai's BLR4-BIA Cruel Repeater and LB30-BIA Vicious Thunder, Roland's BLR-BIA Bad Repeater and CR30-BIA Deathly Stomper, Lilith's TK4-BIA Bad Repeater and TD22 Relentless Bruiser, and Brick's RF-BIA Repeater and SG10 Angry Shotgun. A code to unlock the Weapon Pack will be sent with your order. Access to Xbox LIVE required to claim offer. Limited pre-order offer available while stocks last."

I dunno. Borderlands for £34.99 and a bunch of exclusive guns sounds like a good deal to me. What do you all think? Do these sorts of preorder bonuses push you into preordering instead of waiting until it's out?
    Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

I have stopped using Play.com since they have been utterly fucking useless for me in the past. 

I ordered Persona 4 back in march/april (it was £10 : D ), they sent it out on friday...

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Scooper
    @TheLegendofLuke: Really? Wow. I've had nothing but good times from them. Usualy get what I order in around 2 days and it's well packaged.
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

Yeah, that's obviously a one off thing, it went out of stock. 

They've gone massively downhill in recent years though, I remember when I ordered the first Splinter Cell game with them, it came the day before release and now it takes almost the full 5 days for them to deliver. 

Zavvi.co.uk have the game for £30 if price is more important than exclusive weapons. It is for me. I'm so poor :(

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scooper
    @TheLegendofLuke: ;( Have a little money *throws coppers into hat*
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie

I wish that theyd tell you the stats of the weapons

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Griddler

Get it from Zavvi instead, form what I understand there are roughly 17 gazillion guns in that game anyway, who cares about those 6? :P

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Scooper
    @girdz said:
    " Get it from Zavvi instead, form what I understand there are roughly 17 gazillion guns in that game anyway, who cares about those 6? :P "
    Yeah but maybe they're awesome!!!!

I do wish they told you the stats... They could be peashooters for all we know.
    n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By n00d13z

Does anyone know what weapons you get when you preorder from Gamestop?

TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

They're going to be weapons people will start the game with, so they'll be better than the normal starting guns, but nothing special.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Griddler
    @Scooper said:
    " @girdz said:
    " Get it from Zavvi instead, form what I understand there are roughly 17 gazillion guns in that game anyway, who cares about those 6? :P "
    Yeah but maybe they're awesome!!!!  I do wish they told you the stats... They could be peashooters for all we know. "
    17 gazillion variations on a peashooter? Randy Pitchford is a genius!
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scooper
    @TheLegendofLuke said:

" They're going to be weapons people will start the game with, so they'll be better than the normal starting guns, but nothing special. "

You're probably right. I never knew about Zavvi.co.uk before now and didn't know they had it £5 cheaper then Play.com. It's now a toss up between buying from Play which is a site I'm a long-time member of and know they are reliable sending me products in time or save £5 and get it from a site I don't really know and miss out on the guns... I'll probably go for Zavvi. Thanks for showing me that, you may of saved me a few quid. ;)
    callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By callumbay
    @Scooper: Hehe, I remember that. I ordered it in the sale and it came three days later :) That's really unlucky though, I've never had any problems with play.com (thus far).
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @n00d13z said:
    "

Does anyone know what weapons you get when you preorder from Gamestop?

"
    It's the same weapons pack as from Play.com.
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mracoon

I was thinking of getting of from Zavvi because they had a great price but they dispatch the game on the day it releases, so you might not get it for a couple of days. If I'm not mistaken Play usually dispatch it before the release date so that it arrives on time. I know Shopto and Gamestation do that (they have it for the same price as Play but without this pre-order bonus thing) but I'm not sure about Play.

So the decision for me (which I've yet to make) is either pay less and wait a couple of days or pay a bit more and get it sooner. Also here in the UK there's currently a postal strike so that's going to mess things up.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @Scooper:
    I gave up on them when I never received my Orange Box a year or so ago. And moved onto pastures new (Shopto.net).

@mracoon:
    I got Borderlands from Zavvi (it was £29.99 AND they sent it out on Friday! :D)

I think bonus guns for a game like this will be practically worthless. 8 out of a gajillion is quite a tiny fraction.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scooper
    @creamypies said:
      "I got Borderlands from Zavvi (it was £29.99 AND they sent it out on Friday! :D) "
    :O. Maybe you'll get it Monday or Tuesday, a few days before release.

But yeah I think I've come to a decision and I'm gunna order it from Zavvi and F the guns. I'll probably find way better guns an hour later anyways.
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheLegendofLuke

I've been looking into the guns (trying to find stats, no such luck) and apparently the guns will always be assigned to every new character you create. So, essentially, you could create hundreds of new characters and just farm out the guns to people that don't have them (though, I imagine most people wont even want them after about 10 levels). 

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @Scooper: Exactly... there are so many guns in that game... I don't think 8 less will really matter.

But yeah, I was shocked how early they sent it out. Zavvi may have just earned themselves a new customer.
    AllenV86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By AllenV86

i got my pre-ordered game with the weapon pack today and the guns are really usefull in the begin, 
    although there is one little catch ( which is fixed very fast actually ) and that is that the guns are lvl 3 so you need to be lvl 3 to use them, but as i said you get there really fast, i played for about 15 minutes and was lvl 3 :D and they really are a helpfull, the sniper u get does3 times more damage, has better accuracy and higher fire rate, but only 5 bullts instead of the 6 with the start gun

the other classes guns i dont know about ( only made a hunter so far ) but i'd guess there better then the start guns aswell

grtz Allen

EDIT: they are Green guns

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.