Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

Borderlands is a first-person shooter RPG from Gearbox Software that puts players into the shoes of one of four playable characters as they traverse the hostile planet of Pandora in search of a mysterious "Vault," said to contain priceless unknown riches and alien technologies.

There Goes My S-Rank

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Edited By Cincaid

With one achievement left to do in Borderlands (to complete all the quests in the General Knoxx DLC) I set off to complete the very last quest, "It's Like Christmas!".

I accidently triggered a glitch (yes really, I didn't even know it existed until I did some research), which at first seemed awesome. Unlimited time to go nuts in the fort's last area with all its loot! Unfortunatly something weird happened, as the questobjective "Steal loot" checked, which means the regular door to the loot-area won't ever open up, and it's impossible to complete the quest.

So yes, 10 hours of playing this DLC down the drain. It was a fun ride, but I sure as hell don't want to go through it all again with a different character. So yeah, in short I'm fucking pissed off right now. Damnit. :(

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cincaid

With one achievement left to do in Borderlands (to complete all the quests in the General Knoxx DLC) I set off to complete the very last quest, "It's Like Christmas!".

I accidently triggered a glitch (yes really, I didn't even know it existed until I did some research), which at first seemed awesome. Unlimited time to go nuts in the fort's last area with all its loot! Unfortunatly something weird happened, as the questobjective "Steal loot" checked, which means the regular door to the loot-area won't ever open up, and it's impossible to complete the quest.

So yes, 10 hours of playing this DLC down the drain. It was a fun ride, but I sure as hell don't want to go through it all again with a different character. So yeah, in short I'm fucking pissed off right now. Damnit. :(

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

That's why I don't give a fuck for achievements.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cincaid
    @OllyOxenFree said:
    " That's why I don't give a fuck for achievements. "
    Good for you. I do, however. :(
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Burns098356GX

They need to sub-section off DLC and expansion achievements. I had S-Rank Dragon Age, very hard to get. Out comes another shitty DLC and its gone.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Shabs

Are both playthroughs glitched?    Can you blow through Knoxx in Playthrough 1 with your super-powered character?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cincaid
    @Shuborno said:
    " Are both playthroughs glitched?    Can you blow through Knoxx in Playthrough 1 with your super-powered character? "
    I suppose, but there's so much damn traveling in this DLC, so it's still so many hours of work. Will see if I can just find someone online who haven't done it yet who can host a game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Jeff says:

If you care enough about a game to want an S rank you will put up with the shitty DLC

or something like that....
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cincaid

Well, thankfully I managed to find a friendly dude who had the quest undone so I could complete it. Phew.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By mazik765

Bah, I like that it includes DLC. Makes me buying and completing DLC that much more enjoyable :)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Wait, you don't get unlimited loot time without glitching? :( I haven't gotten that far yet, but now I feel sad.  

@Burns098356GX: I completely agree, the same thing happened to me with Mass Effect 2, and I don't have an S-Rank for Resident Evil 5 because I don't have any of the DLC. 

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cincaid
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " Wait, you don't get unlimited loot time without glitching? :( I haven't gotten that far yet, but now I feel sad.  

Really sorry if I spoiled something here, but no you don't.
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Burns098356GX
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " Wait, you don't get unlimited loot time without glitching? :( I haven't gotten that far yet, but now I feel sad.  

@Burns098356GX: I completely agree, the same thing happened to me with Mass Effect 2, and I don't have an S-Rank for Resident Evil 5 because I don't have any of the DLC.  "
    It's like I beat "Dragon Age", the retail package experience, then they added onto it later on. Somehow I think they need to modify their achievement system.
    Crimson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crimson_
    @CrazyChris: 
    "Well, thankfully I managed to find a friendly dude who had the quest undone so I could complete it. Phew. " 
    This exact scenario happened to me to. I got to close to the elevator and "Stealed loot" got checked in. But I've actually never thought that I could ask someone online for help! Stupid  me but thanks for the advise anyway
    NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By NMC2008

Shit pissed me off when Resident Evil 5 did the whole DLC bullshit versus crap and killed my S Rank, I hate that shit, FIX IT MICROSOFT!!!!

Costmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Costmaker
    @NMC2008 said:
    " Shit pissed me off when Resident Evil 5 did the whole DLC bullshit versus crap and killed my S Rank, I hate that shit, FIX IT MICROSOFT!!!! "
    Unfortunately, Microsoft knows how meticulous some people are with completing games 100% and won't be changing it anytime soon. It encourages people to purchase the DLC.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Whisperkill

Ugh, seriously why can't you play games for fun instead of points...

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By TheDoorman

The same happened to me about a week ago a doushebag friend of mine when into the elavator room and got steal loot checkmarked.

PepeSilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By PepeSilvia

That's why I stopped caring about achievements. At the launch of the 360 it was great. One big arms race with my Xbox Live friends to see who could garner the most. But then stupid games came out wich asked you to finish a game two or three times to get anything and I immediately gave up on it. One game that was a lot better because of achievements was Crackdown. I really got a lot out of that game because the achievements made sense and added the real content to the game. I'd like to think the gangs were there for... well.. I don't even know why they were there?

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Djeffers03

Meh It's just an achievement, i completed Gears 2 on insanity but never got the achievement but whatevs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.