Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Braid

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 06, 2008

Manipulate time to complete puzzles in this 2D platform game made by indie developer Jonathan Blow.

The HINT thread....not a walkthrough.

Doc_Zaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doc_Zaius

I thought it might be nice to have a place help your fellow "Tims" with some clues without giving it all away...

one question I have

*Possible spoiler about World 2*

aside from the world 2 painting...do any of the other paintings have an effect on the puzzles?  don't tell me what they do, just a yes or no would be great, thanks!

DerBonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DerBonk

To get another hidden object, that is not a Puzzle piece it does. I'm not saying more ;)

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

Fickle Companion. I can't do it. someone put me on the right track. As Doctor Zaius said, don't ruin it for me, I just need anything pointing in the right direction.

DerBonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DerBonk

Think about the mechanic of this world. Then keep in mind, that the key is not green. Then it's easy ;)

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG
    Kraznor said:
    "Okay, I'm having a horrible time with "Fragile Companion" in world 5. There is one green key and two doors and the power in this world is the shadow-type guy. I just can't do it."
    I figured it out on accident. Here is my hint: The shadow key must be used to unlock the first door.

Edit: I ended up figuring the fickle companion one out. That was really easy.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Vaxadrin
    BoG said:
    "Kraznor said:
    "Okay, I'm having a horrible time with "Fragile Companion" in world 5. There is one green key and two doors and the power in this world is the shadow-type guy. I just can't do it."
    I figured it out on accident. Here is my hint: The shadow key must be used to unlock the first door.

Edit: I ended up figuring the fickle companion one out. That was really easy."
    They're all really easy, and that's what makes them so frustrating. :P
    Doc_Zaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doc_Zaius

World 3 - Crossing the Gap

I can't get the last piece above the exit door.  I can't get high enough jumping on the dude, is it possible to get him on the upper landing past the carpeted box?

hint please....

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Illmatic
    Doc_Zaius said:
    "I thought it might be nice to have a place help your fellow "Tims" with some clues without giving it all away...

one question I have

*Possible spoiler about World 2*

aside from the world 2 painting...do any of the other paintings have an effect on the puzzles?  don't tell me what they do, just a yes or no would be great, thanks!

"
    Yes, the second room that opens, all i have to say is don't be in such a hurry to put it together if you're a completist.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Illmatic
    Doc_Zaius said:
    "World 3 - Crossing the Gap

I can't get the last piece above the exit door.  I can't get high enough jumping on the dude, is it possible to get him on the upper landing past the carpeted box?

hint please...."
    Is that the one with the rewind ghost? If it is headbutt and moving platform, kinda vague without me telling you what to do.
    Doc_Zaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doc_Zaius

actually I meant world 5 - 4
    Crossing the gap...with the zigzag platform 3 pieces...lots of pillows....

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rowr
    BoG said:
    Edit: I ended up figuring the fickle companion one out. That was really easy."
    Any chance of a hint then?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.