Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cacodemon

Concept »

A powerful demon from the pits of Hell which specializes in spewing ball lightning from its cavernous maw.

concept?

Riotisonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Riotisonfire

why are all the monsters from doom concepts they should be charaters

CacototheDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CacototheDemon

Technically, the Cacodemon is not a single unique character, but rather a species, so wouldn't it make more sense to consider it a concept or something?

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Balls

It's a species? What are the different types? I thought it was just the ball?

Riotisonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Riotisonfire

yeah really i've only seen one type of cacodemon. i'd love to know of the other types

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The FAQ states that characters are: "The stars of the games you play, characters must be specifically named, and must display unique personality within either the gameplay or the story of the game to merit a page."

And that a concept is:  "Concepts are the most loosely defined data type, serving as kind of a catch-all for pages and associations that don't currently fit into one of the other data types, such as a race of creatures, a specific in-game event, character abilities, and gameplay characteristics."

By those definitions, the cacodemon (and any type/race of creatures) are a concept, not a character.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
    Riotisonfire said:
    yeah really i've only seen one type of cacodemon. i'd love to know of the other types
    Races and species don't need to have multiple "types" to be considered races or species.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.