Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 06, 2015

Set 40 years after the events of Black Ops II, the twelfth installment of the Call of Duty series brings advanced robotics and biotic augmentations to the clandestine operations of the Black Ops storyline.

Giant Bomb Black Ops - The Black Ops III PS4 Community Thread

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

The Giant Bomb Black Ops III PS4 Community thread.

To join the community:

• Search for "SpaceInsomniac" on PS4, and you should be able to find the community that way.
    • You do not need to send me a friend request.
    • If you join the community, please make a post in this thread saying so.

How to use the community:

• Before you start playing, check the community wall to see if anyone has promoted a game that you want to join.
    • If no suitable games are displayed, create your own community party, create a post on the community wall describing your game, and then start your chosen activity.
    • Keep in mind that within a few minutes, all community members will receive a "there are new posts on the Giant Bomb Black Ops III community board" type of message. If someone from the community is online and reads the post that they just learned about, they'll have the option of joining your party.
    • You can also use the community wall to request or offer assistance, which should especially be useful with various hidden objectives in Zombies, and the harder difficulties of the campaign.

When naming your party:

• Be sure to include Multiplayer, Zombies, or Campaign in your party name. This will make it much easier to find others who want to join your game.
    • DLC requirements (if any) should also be included. If you have the season pass and want to play on the new maps.
    • Lastly, it's probably a good idea to list your area of the globe, especially when it comes to competitive multiplayer. Sadly, if someone from the UK joins a group of US players, chances are that the connection is going to be pretty bad.
    • This does NOT mean, for example, that players from the UK aren't welcome to join a US party. It only means that players who live far away from the host might experience more lag.

"UK Zombies on Giant" or "US Multiplayer" are good examples of effective party names.

Other community uses:

Beyond the above, the community can have many other uses. Some examples include:

• Showing off player created user content
    • Sharing an especially good theater mode replay
    • Posing news about DLC or other game updates
    • Informing others when a double XP event has been announced
    • Sharing game advice and strategies
    • Getting players together for a custom private match
    • And any other cool community uses that you can come up with

Additional community tips:

• There's a good chance you already know this, but you can plug any USB keyboard into your PS4 and use it to type messages much more quickly than using a controller.
    • Something less commonly known is the fact that you can double tap the PS button on the controller to instantly switch back and forth between your game and any PS menu, which of course includes the community menu.
    • You should note that "Now Playing" does not show you everyone in the community who is online. It only shows people who are both in the community and hosting or participating in an open party.
    • The "Now Playing" section also doesn't show the names of players until you select their party. This is why it's a good idea to properly name and promote your party. You can also use PSN avatars to quickly match community members in the now playing section with the posts they made on the community wall.
    • If you want to refresh the community wall, simply hit the triangle button. It's just like hitting the refresh button on your web browser, and will let you read any new posts.

Once again, if you join the community, please make a post here saying so.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game is out, and I'm having a blast with the mutliplayer. I was happy to learn that I feel the same way about the full game that I felt about the beta. This is the best Call of Duty Multiplayer since Black Ops 1, IMO.

My personal ranking would be Black Ops 1 > Modern Warfare 2 > Black Ops 2 > Advanced Warfare > Modern Warfare 3. Never played MW1, World at War or Ghosts enough to rank. When all is said and done, I think Black Ops 3 is easily going to make it into my top three.

If you're enjoying the game as well, join the community and let's shoot people (and zombies) together. I've yet to play Zombies with a full team of four--in any COD title--and I have the urge to hear Jeff Goldblum make witty puns as he kills the undead.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just joined. My PSN is NMeck702

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Whats the numbers like online on PSN as I'm considering picking it up?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@freezyfrog said:

Whats the numbers like online on PSN as I'm considering picking it up?

Interest has been slow in the Giant Bomb PS4 community so far--only five members right now--but I've been hosting a community party every time I start playing. I don't know if Jeff's review turned people off or what, but this is the most fun I've had playing Call of Duty for years, so that would be a shame if true. There are 41 positive reviews for the game on metacritic currently, and only three "mixed" reviews.

Unless you meant the numbers in general, in which case there are a ton of people playing. Other than a few rare hiccups, it also feels like the most lag-free COD I've played since MW2. It's a huge improvement on recent games. And despite what some on the internet seem to believe, COD still has a massive player count. Going into the release of this game, Black Ops II alone had 12 million monthly players, and that game is three years old.

I'd still like to get some more people together to try Zombies, though.

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By NeoZeon

I'm in. PSN ID is "Rezorian".

Not sure if I'll be able to play any zombies (was never very good at it), but always up for a game of TDM

Kenori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking hard for a zombies crew my PSN ID is KenoriMerrik, also forget Jeff everyone knows zombies is the best part of Call of Duty Black Ops.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kenori said:

Looking hard for a zombies crew my PSN ID is KenoriMerrik, also forget Jeff everyone knows zombies is the best part of Call of Duty Black Ops.

I ended up playing a fair bit of multiplayer last night with Rezorian above and a friend of his. His friend really likes the Zombies mode, but we haven't tried it yet. If you see us online playing multiplayer, join the party and we can probably switch to Zombies.

Kenori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

secondhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By secondhands

Just joined - thanks for making this. More people need to get in here.

edit - I'm secondhands12 on PSN. Party up!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had some nice games with secondhands and a couple of other community members so far, so join us if you're looking for some multiplayer fun. It's a double XP weekend (active now) for both multiplayer and Zombies, so it's a good time to hit the level cap and / or prestige if you're into that sort of thing.

You also now get more cryptokeys the longer you stay in the same playlist, and bunch of the weapons received nerfs or buffs. The full patch notes can be found here:

http://charlieintel.com/2015/11/19/new-patch-for-black-ops-3-now-live-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-adds-lobby-leaderboards-and-more/

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Busto1299

I don't have the game yet ( Decided to wait until early december ) but I joined anyway so I don't forget about it later on when I get the game. See you guys then!

Edit: I'm in!

gtoor14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so i take it this community isnt that active?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think I'm going to get this game.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@gtoor14 said:

so i take it this community isnt that active?

Active in terms of members? Not really. We're up to about 12 people, the last time I checked. I'd say we're active in terms of people actually joining each other for games, though. I played a while with secondhands yesterday, and a bunch more with NeoZeon and a friend of his the day before.

@busto1299 said:

I don't have the game yet ( Decided to wait until early december ) but I joined anyway so I don't forget about it later on when I get the game. See you guys then!

@spraynardtatum said:

I think I'm going to get this game.

I don't think you'll regret it. I actually prestiged after hitting the level cap, which says a lot. I never prestiged in Black Ops 2, didn't play Ghosts, and didn't even come close to the level cap in Advanced Warfare.

I decided to wait on Fallout 4 until after Christmas, so I've still been playing quite a bit.

[edit] Also, a double weapon XP event will happening this weekend. Thread title has been changed to get the word out. Should be quite useful for unlocking attachments.

secondhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtoor14: It's not but I'm holdin' it down most nights (7-10PM CST). If you see me in the community party feel free to join & we'll play whatever game mode. I'm dying to play with some other duders.

Avatar image for fractal_seaweed
    fractal_seaweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone: I'm usually around the evenings. My PSN ID is "Sgt_Brownski".

Avatar image for murderslingshot
    MurderSlingshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders, I'm TheBearHose

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone who got Black Ops III this Christmas, feel free to join us.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally did it, duders.

No Caption Provided

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just joined.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@jjbsterling said:

I finally did it, duders.

No Caption Provided

That's crazy impressive. Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, how long did you have to play in order to unlock that?

@spraynardtatum said:

Just joined.

Welcome. As said in another thread, I'm playing a lot of Fallout 4 lately, but I'll keep an eye on the community page and join if I see anyone playing. And I STILL need to try Zombies sometime.

Akufen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Joining tonight. See you guys online. PSN : Akufen_PS

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I was at around level 40 ninth prestige when I got it but I wasn't really trying for it until a few prestige's into playing. I'm at six days 17 hours right now for my in-game time played so somewhere around that.

ehbunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined the community, PSN: ehbunner420, when I'm on I almost exclusively play Zombies but wouldn't mind playing some multiplayer if we had closer to a full team, I'm not sure of when I'm going to get on again but for sure at the end of the month when the new Zombie map comes out I'll be on and hope to get in some games with the GB community

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@jjbsterling said:

@spaceinsomniac: I was at around level 40 ninth prestige when I got it but I wasn't really trying for it until a few prestige's into playing. I'm at six days 17 hours right now for my in-game time played so somewhere around that.

And here I am yet to earn a gold weapon yet. I should start thinking about doing that.

Anyhow, I thought I'd rename this thread for a while to focus on a pretty nice Black Ops III deal.

Best Buy will be selling Black Ops III for 39.99 this upcoming week, Jan 10th through Jan 16th. If you have a Gamers Club Unlocked account with them, the price should drop to $31.99.

Please note that this is only true if you already have a Gamers Club Unlocked membership. A membership is 30 dollars, and entitles you to 20 percent off new games for two years, as well as some other benefits.

In addition, if you bought the game at Best Buy before this recent sale, you should be able to get an adjustment on your purchase, thanks to Best Buy's Holiday Return and Price Match Guarantee, which apparently ends on January 15th.

This is easily the best deal I've seen on the game so far, so don't miss out if you plan on picking up Black Ops III in the near future.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Thanks for the update on the price change. I've been checking my bestbuy cart daily to see if this deal showed back up.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a quick reminder, now that this sale has started. And remember, if you already bought the game at Best Buy, you can still get a price adjustment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.