Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

3D on 360...

JusticeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JusticeCat

So it was announced that this game will support 3D on PC, PS3 and 360.. I am aware of PCs and PS3s implementation of 3D, but how will it work on 360? does the 360 support that stuff yet or will it be relying on the TV to make it work..?

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Hooded

Its too soon to say what tech they are using but the 360 is capable of doing 3D. Some games released in 3D on the 360 (Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the year edition and a couple others). I think they will be using the same tech but most prob more improved. I'm sure we will find out closer to the release date.

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MisterChief

The 360 has supported 3D longer than the PS3 has I think. MS just doesn't talk about it because there is no real benefit in it for them other then making sure their platform supports it so they can have feature parity.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RsistncE

I don't know what's more gimmicky: motion controls or 3D TV's.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

There is nothing special about the hardware of the PS3 allowing 3D, it's all done within the software, and the 360 will do it in the same way. The only reason 3D has been big on the PS3 is because Sony have been pushing it because of their investment in 3D TV's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.