Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

BREAKING NEWS: This is what Activision does on their free time.

• 100 results
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Jeffsekai

That was pretty good lmao

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Is funny cuz is true. 
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Raymayne
    @CL60 said:
    " Inb4 typical GiantBomb console players saying "WHY DO PC GAMERS FEEL SO ENTITLED!" and to that I say. I'm sorry we want games that work instead of shitty console ports? "
    You don't have that right, buy a console, they're made for games.
    MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MrGetBonus

Anyone still purchasing CoD on the PC from MW2 onwards is just encouraging their lackluster PC ports.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By ch13696
    @haggis said:
    " @Zidd said:
    " @LordAndrew: This is a classic chicken and egg situation isn't it? If Activision spends a ton of time and money making a kick ass PC port people are going to still pirate the crap out of it for whatever bogus reason they have thought up. Its not like having a well done PC port will make people buy the game; For example games made by Valve are still pirated on all platforms. If one of the very few developers that give 2 shits about the PC still get screwed by a portion of their users what chance does anyone else have? PC ports are a bullet point for most every game.  "
    This. The problem for PC gamers is that there's no real solution for it. They can complain all they want, but there are no good solutions for developers, and any time developers try to come up with something new, PC gamers bitch and moan about it. I know, I used to be just like that ten years ago. PC ports are cheap enough to make from console games for a release, but don't bring in enough money to justify extensive support. If PC gamers actually bought their games, maybe this problem would go away. But too many PC gamers don't buy their games. Including a lot of people on these boards who claim that they do. Yes, I know this sucks for everyone who does buy games on the PC, but there just aren't enough of you guys anymore. Many (like me) gravitated to consoles for just this reason. "

No Caption Provided
    Right, right. Yeah, we don't buy games anymore. I know piracy because I used to dabble in it and I know for a fact you can't join these servers without a legit copy of the game. I also know for a fact on your holy grail of an Xbox 360 anyone that can log into Xbox Live can join those servers. And I'm talking about even people with flashed DVD drives. So, these developers that come up and say the reason why they won't develop on PC or don't continue to support PC because of piracy is straight up bull shit. Just because piracy started there does not mean it's the only place that has piracy. The reason why people don't buy their games on PC is because of the shitty ports. More broken than their console version.  

And before you go and claim that every PC gamer pirates, I suggest you take you boyfriends dick out of your ass and do some research. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn
    @keyhunter: I think most people are bitching about them putting out a game that didn't work on launch day, didn't work for the week after, got patched, didn't work for another reason and are now waiting for yet another patch to fix a problem that wasn't there when the game came out but now makes the game practically unplayable unless you turn off your soundcard. 
     I think they might have just a tiny bit justification for bitching about the state of this game. 

It probably won't make much difference but it's put me off buying any Call of Duty title for the foreseeable future.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#57  Edited By Yummylee

It was seeing his grin over and over that made me chuckle.

Avatar image for deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c
    deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Of course it's rubbish on the PC, it's not a spreadsheet. 

Buy a console.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By iam3green

i got a chuckle out of this. it is pretty funny man. sadly, PC games aren't so great now from a couple of years ago.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By zidd
    @ch13696: 93,000 is a small portion of the 5.6 million+ units sold across all platforms. I never said that all PC gamers pirate games, just a portion of them. I am not trying to bash the PC. The indie games scene would not be as good as it is now without it. Major publishers don't like the PC because they can't monetize content as well as they can on consoles due the fact that the PC is an open platform.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ch13696
    @Zidd said:
    " @ch13696: 93,000 is a small portion of the 5.6 million+ units sold across all platforms. I never said that all PC gamers pirate games, just a portion of them. I am not trying to bash the PC. The indie games scene would not be as good as it is now without it. Major publishers don't like the PC because they can't monetize content as well as they can on consoles due the fact that the PC is an open platform. "
    I actually meant this argument towards that Haggis guy. Anyways, so far Steam is becoming a promising platform for the PC. The fact that publishers are blind when it comes to what Steam can do is pretty crazy. You can still pirate games of course, but don't expect any multiplayer because of the game being on Steam. Also, 93,000 is only a portion of the people. Don't forget the people that are not playing the game right now and the people that haven't even played the multiplayer yet. Yes, there are more people on the consoles because of the fact that it's easier to jump into, but once people start seeing what the PC can bring them and what they can accomplish, then we'll start seeing more and more gamers coming to the PC.
    one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By one_2nd

I don't blame them. Half of people who have that game on pc most likely cracked/stole it. 

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By zidd
    @one_2nd: Legit and cracked players can't play on the same servers like in most other PC games.
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By haggis
    @ch13696:  Like a lot of people who respond concerning PC gaming and pirating, you spend a lot of time and energy arguing against things that I didn't say. For instance:

"So, these developers that come up and say the reason why they won't develop on PC or don't continue to support PC because of piracy is straight up bull shit." 

No, developers don't make games for the PC for a lot of reasons. Piracy is only one. But the other big problem is flat or declining sales. Like it or not, PC game sales on multi-platform titles are a very small percentage of overall sales. Some of their lack of enthusiasm is certainly related to piracy. But mostly it's because most games, if developed only for the PC, would never recoup their costs. This is in part because games are so expensive to make these days. It's not just PC, by the way: rising game production costs have made console-exclusive titles very difficult to justify to stockholders. But to deny that piracy isn't a part of the equation? Silly. Of course it is.

"And before you go and claim that every PC gamer pirates, I suggest you take you boyfriends dick out of your ass and do some research. "

Of course, I never said anything even remotely close to that. Which you'd know, if you actually read what I wrote. And the homophobic slur is so 1990s. Seriously, respond to what I say and not what you wished I'd said. It makes these arguments more productive. Lots of PC gamers pirate. Have you seen the stats for torrent downloads on newly released games? Often they're at numbers equaling 30-35% of sales. No matter how you cut it, it's a lot. There's a lot of denial about this out there in PC gamer la-la land, but piracy is a problem for the market. Personally, I don't care what you do. But I get tired of PC gamers whining constantly about the PC gaming market when they don't do anything to make piracy a taboo and bitch about every attempt by developers to make their games for the PC profitable again.

"I also know for a fact on your holy grail of an Xbox 360 anyone that can log into Xbox Live can join those servers."

And risk a permanent Live Gold ban. Do you even know what you're talking about? I don't think so. Live isn't perfect (again, I've never said the Xbox is a "holy grail" as you claim), but everyone who knows anything at all about Live knows there's a huge risk in taking a hacked console onto Live. Which is why most people don't do it. And there are ways of taking illegitimate copies of quite a few multiplayer PC games online. Not all the copies online are legitimate. It's a problem all the consoles (and the PC) share to varying degrees. There's actually less recourse for the developers on the PC because, unlike on the Xbox and PS3, then online service isn't centralized in the same way.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FunExplosions

I don't have the game. I'm not having any issues so far.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#66  Edited By citizenkane

Meh, those could have have been a lot, lot better.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Feanor said:
    " Most of the problems PC players faced are easily fixed. But most people are to lazy to use google, and would rather bitch to treyarch. "
    I tried several different solutions that people posted already on various sites, none of them helped. Wasted quite a lot of my time. A lot of people are bitching because none of the fixes worked for them. And I'm not willing to completely disable the sound devices, if you have to play a game with no sound to make it work, that's bad.
    27thRed_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By 27thRed_Martyr

I really hate that guy.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By trophyhunter

Well the most likely made $0 on the PC port

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#70  Edited By ShinjiEx

PC?

No Call of Duty Black Ops is for the Xbox 360 as with all Call of Duty games!

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Pinworm45

I for one think Black Ops is actually really, really good on PC, despite the launch day woes (and I've been through so many I can just ignore it now. You think this was bad? play an EA game on launch day.) 

Also, the people mentioning pc sales.. those are store sales, I'm pretty sure. Steam sales are not disclosed and account for a higher percentage than store sales, and probably even more for a game like Black Ops.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#72  Edited By Hector

LOL!

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73  Edited By OldManLight
    @ch13696:  that made me laugh for nothing other than bobby kotick has a total pedo smile in that photo.
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By scarace360
    @jmrwacko said:
    " The funny thing is that the patches did fix my lag problems. "
    Did you buy a 360 copy cause  then i could understand why they fixed yours.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ch13696
    @ShinjiEx said:
    " PC?  No Call of Duty Black Ops is for the Xbox 360 as with all Call of Duty games! "
    No, it's also for... oooohhhh wait, I see what you did there. HA! Funny.
    chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By chrissedoff

i find it funny how angry pc gamers are over this shit and when every single stardock game gets released in a totally broken state, they get the benefit of the doubt.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#77  Edited By 234r2we232

PC gamers are angry and elitist about everything. It's what they are, and why they don't play console games. That, and the pirating :)

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By valrog
    @Zidd said:
    " @CL60: The PC patch is probably low priority because the money brought in by PC users is tiny compared to the money that is brought in by consoles. The platforms that make the most money are always fixed first. It also doesn't help that PC gamers have long had a reputation of extreme kleptomania. "
    Then please explain to me how Bobby Kotick said that the PC was most profitable for them and he wants PCs to replace consoles and Activision's network like Steam etc. 

No, you instead went with the ignorant "PC GAMING IZ ALL PIRATEZ LOL!" 'argument'...
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By meteora
    @ch13696 said:
    " @Zidd said:
    " @CL60: The PC patch is probably low priority because the money brought in by PC users is tiny compared to the money that is brought in by consoles. The platforms that make the most money are always fixed first. It also doesn't help that PC gamers have long had a reputation of extreme kleptomania. "
    Are you trying to say that I'm crazy or something? Apparently Activision forgot who started this rain of money for them. "
    Doesn't matter if the PC platform was what Call of Duty started on; if it's not deemed as profitable there's no point in developing for it or giving moderately good support for it. A lot of PC versions get screwed over, but some console ports also get screwed over because of their own complications (Team Fortress 2 on the consoles is pretty much dead because of all the certifications and possibly patch fees).
    Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Chokobo

The only people I hear complaining about Bobby Kotick and Activision are PC gamers.

Obviously not a coincidence, but they focus on consoles because that's where the money is nowadays.

Also, anyone who thinks Kotick is the be-all and end-all for any and all decision making for Activision, including what patches are getting made and for what platform they're getting put on, is an idiot.

invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By invadernick

I was really pretty pissed at activision, I feel like they cheated me of my time i spent queuing up and pre-ordering the game  when it would have been a better experience if  I got it  later anyway. It's still not fixed for me! I feel some sort of compensation should be in order.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By zidd
    @valrog said:
    " @Zidd said:
    Then please explain to me how Bobby Kotick said that the PC was most profitable for them and he wants PCs to replace consoles and Activision's network like Steam etc.   No, you instead went with the ignorant "PC GAMING IZ ALL PIRATEZ LOL!" 'argument'... "
    That is his solution to the used game "problem" and it also allows them to get around certification and licencing fees for the various consoles.
    Avatar image for thevideohustler
    TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TheVideoHustler

This is silly, and made me laugh
    Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually brilliant. I don't hate Kotick for his neglect of PC gamers, I hate him because of his personality and how he treats his employees. 

That grin of his says it all! I don't give a rats ass about Black Ops, but I still think OP has cooked together some hilarity.

Additionally, Activision publish shitty games. The only line of actual "Quality" that they present comes from their Blizzard section. This, in my humble opinion.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#85  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " PC gamers are angry and elitist about everything. It's what they are, and why they don't play console games. That, and the pirating :) "
    Oh look uncreative flame-bait.
    Yawn.
    benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By benpicko

Am I seriously the only person who found the OP funny, without deciding to post long annoying comments that explain absolutely nothing but have alot of words in. Like this one.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By 234r2we232
    @Tennmuerti said:
    " @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " PC gamers are angry and elitist about everything. It's what they are, and why they don't play console games. That, and the pirating :) "
    Oh look uncreative flame-bait. Yawn. "
    I'm sorry. I just wanted to fit in. Anyways, you sound tired and cranky. Maybe you should take a nap?
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#88  Edited By jeffgoldblum

This meme isn't funny.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " @Tennmuerti said:
    I'm sorry. I just wanted to fit in. Anyways, you sound tired and cranky. Maybe you should take a nap? "
    You were the one being a dick and now you are being patronizing on top of that...
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By niamahai
    @ch13696 said:
    Are you trying to say that I'm crazy or something? Apparently Activision forgot who started this rain of money for them. "
    yes, you AM crazy brah.

Nobody owes "PC gamers" anything.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By 234r2we232
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @Tennmuerti said:
    I'm sorry. I just wanted to fit in. Anyways, you sound tired and cranky. Maybe you should take a nap? "
    You were the one being a dick and now you are being patronizing on top of that... "
    I disagree. But thank you?
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#92  Edited By EpicSteve

The cross hairs on my crossbow totally disappeared for an entire mission!

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @LordAndrew:  Dude they would totally give a damn. Except for that whole thing where they sold over 3 million copies on the Xbox 360 and they sold 300-400 thousand on PC. Why would you prioritize 300-400 thousand peoples complaints over 1 or 2 million peoples complaints? I'm not saying that's good for everyone involved, but that's the way the logistics of a video game developer have to work, even the wealthiest publisher in the industry isn't going to literally waste money. Not hating on PC's by the way, I play tons of PC games and I wish more developers other than Valve and Blizzard paid more attention...

Oh and there really is no excuse for piracy. Even if a game has bugs, if you like the game or the developer you should support it. I love the uTorrent but it's the truth.
    MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By MaddProdigy
    @Chokobo said:
    " The only people I hear complaining about Bobby Kotick and Activision are PC gamers.  Obviously not a coincidence, but they focus on consoles because that's where the money is nowadays.  Also, anyone who thinks Kotick is the be-all and end-all for any and all decision making for Activision, including what patches are getting made and for what platform they're getting put on, is an idiot. "
    Word.
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By jNerd
    @swoxx said:
    " I want my time spent reading this back, right now "
    Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#96  Edited By Little_Socrates

I lol'd. Unsure of the truthiness in this situation (I haven't played the PC version,) but it was a funny read.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#97  Edited By Sooperspy

Pretty good.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By rjaylee
    @KaosAngel said:
    " If PC users don't like Activision is making shitty ports, don't buy it...and hopefully next year they try to give PC gamers a proper game. "
    While it's appropriate that the free market dictates that if you don't like it, don't buy it, you're completely ignoring the fact that if nobody buys the PC version, Activision is plainly going to stop making PC versions of the game completely because nobody is buying them, deeming them unprofitable. It's really a vicious cycle upon itself which is unfortunate for people who like their games on a PC, but your optimism isn't exactly well placed (even with good intentions).
    mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By mandeponium

That's a troll face if I've ever seen one.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#100  Edited By jakob187

I've had no issues with the PC version.  Literally.  It works perfectly fine. 

Sorry shit sucks for others.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.