Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Just beat black ops and WOW

• 100 results
    swat200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By swat200

i can hardly believe I'm writing this but holy crap this game was actually better then MW2. the story was actually worth following and took some amazing twists(won't spoil any of them for you). I have to give it up to Treyarch, when they aren't forced to stick to a WW2 game they actually come out with something amazing and totally worth playing.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Potter9156

Does it get crazier or just as crazy as MW2?

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mano521

thats good to know. i saw maybe like 5 minutes of campaign from someone streaming it. it blew my mind and i  had to turn it off so i wouldnt get spoiled. but from what i saw the game looks amazing

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Aetos
    @Ryax said:
    " cool story brah "
    I was waiting for that. Kinda surprised it took 4 minutes.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ryax
    @Tactical_Kill said:
    " @Ryax said:
    " cool story brah "
    I was waiting for that. Kinda surprised it took 4 minutes. "
    yeah i never really do it because i actually hate it with a passion but it needed to be here
    zef40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zef40

I like the surprise at it being decent lol. altho 'better than MW2' doesnt say much to me, i thought the 1 player was shallow and kinda pointless, not to mention constant spawning enemies, i just hate that but WE, good to hear its had some love put into it.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By withateethuh

MW2's singleplayer had really amazing setpieces, it just needed a cohesive story. It looks to me that Black Ops fills that flaw.

anypti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By anypti

Sweet! I really enjoyed MW2, so looking forward to this now.

swat200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By swat200
    @Potter9156: it gets just as crazy but it never loses you. like your still able to keep up with it unlike the cluster fuck that was MW2's story
    @zef40: i REALLY didn't like WaW so that's why i was so shocked that this was good.
    TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TorMasturba

Glad to hear, maybe now Activision will give Treyarch some more freedom to do what they want and the money to make what they want to do be of a higher quality. 

EDIT: Sorry if that sentance was hard to read. :-s

Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Aounslaught

Potential hour count and difficulty played on, perhaps?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12  Edited By KaosAngel

...are we really supporting this guy's piracy? 

If this was NeoGAF he would've been banned after this post.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By meteora
    @KaosAngel said:
    " ...are we really supporting this guy's piracy?  If this was NeoGAF he would've been banned after this post. "
    But what happens if he got an early copy for free? Does that count? =O
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Meteora: Then just like GAF, post a pic of the game and case so you don't get your ass banned in a second. 

This is a video game forum, and yes piracy is real...but if we just joke about it and let it pass, it shows no respect to people who make games.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm still not giving Activision any more money. I might buy it second hand at some point.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Th3_James

Looks like a well produced game, but i'd rather have the new Bad Company expansion for pc.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By zombie2011

MW2 single player was amazing, i loved every minute of it, I don't thing anything can be better than that.  

Breaking Price out of the prison was one of the best moments ever, sooooo fucking good.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZeroCast
    @KaosAngel: 

Rules of NeoGAF are for NeoGAF. They don't apply here. 

Moral issues regarding piracy are up to the OP and unless you know he pirated it or not, you can't tell him what to do.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CL60
    @ZeroCast said:
    " @KaosAngel:   Rules of NeoGAF are for NeoGAF. They don't apply here.   Moral issues regarding piracy are up to the OP and unless you know he pirated it or not, you can't tell him what to do. "
    This.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mmmslash
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Meteora: Then just like GAF, post a pic of the game and case so you don't get your ass banned in a second.  This is a video game forum, and yes piracy is real...but if we just joke about it and let it pass, it shows no respect to people who make games. "
    Who are we to judge anonymous people on the internet? That seems crazy.

Furthermore, your statement seems to imply that we should be like GAF, and that seems even MORE crazy.
    swat200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By swat200
    @h83r:  i went through on normal and it took me about 7 hours. it felt longer then MW 2 for sure
    .@KaosAngel:  not a pirate, just got it from my work early and legally paid for it, but thanks for jumping to conclusions.
    yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yinstarrunner
    @KaosAngel:   If he pirated it or not (which we don't know), does that devalue his opinion of the singleplayer campaign?  If he would have waited to make this thread until Tuesday, it would be alright, right?  What's the difference?

It's not like his post is about piracy.  He didn't mention it, he's not bragging about it.  Should we forego interesting discussion so everyone on the site can spit venom at someone who obviously doesn't care?  That's hardly productive. This is good information for potential consumers on the fence about picking up this game.
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By alternate
    I have read a lot of ppl praising the story.  Given that so many will bash treyarch out of hand for not being IW, I would say this is a very good sign.

Veteran is supposed to be silly hard though, to the point of not being fun any more,  just like COD3 and WaW  :(

@KaosAngel said:
    " ...are we really supporting this guy's piracy?  If this was NeoGAF he would've been banned after this post. "
    No he wouldn't because he didn't mention piracy.  Sure it is very likely that is how he got it but even GAF need proof (they take it to the other extreme and auto ban anyone how even mentions piracy, even if they are not advocating it).
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KaosAngel
    @yinstarrunner: I dunno man, I'm used to GAF and their zero tolerance for people who have copies early.  The biggest case for bans on NeoGAF are piracy related.  :| 

...and NeoGAF is seen as the apex of gaming forums.
    swat200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By swat200
    @yinstarrunner: thanks

also for anyone who noticed i try and do this a lot with stuff i play a bit early. i like to come on here and give my ideas on what i think its shit and what isn't. i know everyone doesn't agree with me but i just like to help people out in deciding if they wanna put money into a game or not.
    gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By gamb1t

im just shocked people are implying mw2 sp was good

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Meteora: Then just like GAF, post a pic of the game and case so you don't get your ass banned in a second.  This is a video game forum, and yes piracy is real...but if we just joke about it and let it pass, it shows no respect to people who make games. "
    How about no? 

Plenty of retailers break street date. Hell, my best friend works at Wal-Mart and I got New Vegas and Fable 3 the day before (and in Fable 3's case) two days before release. There's nothing illegal about it, and they're legit copies. If I decided to drop a line to Giant Bomb and tell the community how great or terrible a game was, would you try to throw me under a bus like you're doing with the OP?    

Seriously, let it go.
    kratier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kratier

yes if you illegally obtained the game your opinion is invalid, money is not part of the judgement process , any idiot who gets a game for free will praise it, because its free

and everytime someone references neogaf on this website, its like all the kiddies fled neogaf and try to populate here, and keep referencing the rules of neogaf. Neogaf bans anyone who even remotely talks bad about video games and claims its trolling. Neogaf is garbage and known for viral marketting / industry employees posting threads promoting their own game.

Also everyone who got the leaked copy of black ops said the singleplayer sucked and it was super short, also Treyarch is known for making horribly multiplayer thats unbalanced, incase you forgot about WAW and the sub machine gun that everyone used.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jack268
    @KaosAngel said:
    I'm not in any way trying to be offensive with this post, but if GT5 was on the internets right now and you could play it, would you? Again I'm not trying to be a dick about it or anything, but this question just popped into my head when I read this post.
    swat200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By swat200
    @kratier: actually i've gotten stuff for free in the past and thought it was total shit. Medal of Honor being a recent candidate for that.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Jack268 said:
    "I'm not in any way trying to be offensive with this post, but if GT5 was on the internets right now and you could play it, would you? Again I'm not trying to be a dick about it or anything, but this question just popped into my head when I read this post. "
    Can't pirate PS3 games so that's clean.  If you got an early copy for PS3 you're good.  If it's PC or 360, if you can't prove you own the retail disc that's something else. 

Unless you're the idiot who stole it from the factory in Aussie like what happened yesterday...then you're in trouble for PS3 games.  :|
    kratier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kratier

yes you can pirate ps3 games,

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mmmslash
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    "I'm not in any way trying to be offensive with this post, but if GT5 was on the internets right now and you could play it, would you? Again I'm not trying to be a dick about it or anything, but this question just popped into my head when I read this post. "
    Can't pirate PS3 games so that's clean.  If you got an early copy for PS3 you're good.  If it's PC or 360, if you can't prove you own the retail disc that's something else.  Unless you're the idiot who stole it from the factory in Aussie like what happened yesterday...then you're in trouble for PS3 games.  :| "
    You've been able to pirate PS3 games for a couple months now.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    Can't pirate PS3 games so that's clean.  If you got an early copy for PS3 you're good.  If it's PC or 360, if you can't prove you own the retail disc that's something else.  Unless you're the idiot who stole it from the factory in Aussie like what happened yesterday...then you're in trouble for PS3 games.  :| "
    Err.. yes you can pirate PS3 games.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jkz
    @KaosAngel said:
    "...and NeoGAF is seen as the apex of gaming forums. "
    I lost it after that.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JoelTGM

awesome.  

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By babblinmule

Thats really great to hear; I really liked the spectacles that existed in MW2 since it felt like playing your way through a big budget OTT hollywood blockbuster. However the story just felt like it was trying too hard to evoke emotions, and failed spectacularly in that regard in my eyes (im not american though so the whole 'white house burning again' thing didn't irk me one bit).

And somehow this thread has turned into 'Giantbomb forum community vs Kaosangel'.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By toowalrus
    @Ryax said:
    i actually hate it with a passion but it needed to be here "
    No, it didn't.

I'm still considering picking up this game. Money's tight right now, so I might just stick to WoW for awhile. I don't really need to play another FPS right now... Looks good though, maybe after a couple of pay checks.
    anterline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By anterline

I was expecting it to be a better game, MW2 was a disaster. 

@KaosAngel said:

Many people have got their games early and are playing online. So we can't assume that he pirated it.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Is it better than COD4? That game's campaign was great. 

Also, who cares if he pirated it or not. Even though he already said he didn't do it, why make suck a big deal either way :\

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nasos100
    @KaosAngel said:
    oh man this reminded of a post this guy made in a thread  about not having the DLC code in mass effect 2. He said im a pirate and to post a pic of the game 

im against piracy aswell but im not flaming the threads the moment i suspect it
    IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By IkariNoTekken

You beat World of Warcraft?

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By captain_clayman
    @swat200 said:
    " i can hardly believe I'm writing this but holy crap this game was actually better then MW2. the story was actually worth following and took some amazing twists(won't spoil any of them for you). I have to give it up to Treyarch, when they aren't forced to stick to a WW2 game they actually come out with something amazing and totally worth playing. "
    nice.  i'm definitely stoked for this game.  it just sounds all around better than mw2.  i knew treyarch could do it.  

just a quick question, is it on par with or possibly better than cod4 from what you played?
    MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MrMuscle

Im glad to hear the campaign is good. I enjoyed both MW1 and 2s singel player, MOH also had a great campaign. I was hoping to get my copy of Black Ops in the mail today but it didnt happend but you've given me some fire so i think im gonna go play the MW2 campaign again.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FunExplosions
    @IkariNoTekken said:
    " You beat World of Warcraft? "
    I laughed. 

Glad to hear the game's making people happy. I would totally buy it if I had money.
    Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By countinhallways
    @IkariNoTekken said:
    This. This is exactly how I understood the thread topic.
    FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By FlyingRat
    @IkariNoTekken said:
    Son of a bitch. Beat me to it. :)
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ShockD

And how did you beat the game when it's not even out yet? Oh, the Online gamer!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CL60
    @antikorper said:
    " And how did you beat the game when it's not even out yet? Oh, the Online gamer! "
    /facepalm
    ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ShockD
    @CL60 said:
    " @antikorper said:
    " And how did you beat the game when it's not even out yet? Oh, the Online gamer! "
    /facepalm "
    What are ya palming at?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.